First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Do you have any pictures of what the tread edition looks like without the tips installed? I actually really like the burble sound the tread edition has, but I hate how pronounced the tips are sticking under the bumper. I’m wondering if it looks more discrete without the tips on (and more tucked under for the trail as well).

I really wish there was a trail edition that had the sound and volume of the tread, but I get that’s probably not possible.
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Do you have any pictures of what the tread edition looks like without the tips installed? I actually really like the burble sound the tread edition has, but I hate how pronounced the tips are sticking under the bumper. I’m wondering if it looks more discrete without the tips on (and more tucked under for the trail as well).

I really wish there was a trail edition that had the sound and volume of the tread, but I get that’s probably not possible.
Same. Really like the sound of dual mini-mufflers from most brands, but the giant tips decrease clearance too much compared to how tight the mufflers tuck up behind the bumper. Always wondered why no one came out with a dual exit system with immediate turn downs (not side exits).

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator

Nothing like what you are describing currently, but the tips are clamped on rather than welded intentionally so that you could go with a turn down instead of a tip if you so choose. 👍

EuroSVT

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2023 Wrangler Sport
2 questions: 1st how well do the exit pipes stay tight where they clamp to the resonator over time, and 2nd is there any video of the exhaust note on a 3.6l manual in particular? I've had some great sounding exhaust from Borla & Gibson in the past but neither company seems to have a decent sounding JL product...looking hard into this AWE Tread edition

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL & JT
2 questions: 1st how well do the exit pipes stay tight where they clamp to the resonator over time, and 2nd is there any video of the exhaust note on a 3.6l manual in particular? I've had some great sounding exhaust from Borla & Gibson in the past but neither company seems to have a decent sounding JL product...looking hard into this AWE Tread edition
If they are tightened down via the recommended minimum 60 lb-fit, they shouldnt' move.

Here's a vid on a manual:

Sponsored

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
So I'm just coming off a Durango SRT with aftermarket Mopar catback exhaust system. I loved the sound and there was no drone whatsoever. It only got "crazy" if I really got after it on the gas. My new ride is a Wrangler 4xe with sky one touch roof. Would you recommend the Tread Edition Axleback Dual Exhaust with non-resonated mid-pipe for me? The thing I'm worried about is that the Durango had a solid roof, and the Wrangler's is fabric... so it's going to be louder in there.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL & JT
So I'm just coming off a Durango SRT with aftermarket Mopar catback exhaust system. I loved the sound and there was no drone whatsoever. It only got "crazy" if I really got after it on the gas. My new ride is a Wrangler 4xe with sky one touch roof. Would you recommend the Tread Edition Axleback Dual Exhaust with non-resonated mid-pipe for me? The thing I'm worried about is that the Durango had a solid roof, and the Wrangler's is fabric... so it's going to be louder in there.
Ironically we'll have something for the 'Rango market shortly.

4xe can only equip the Tread Edition Axleback. With that, you should be a-okay, you'll hear wind and tire noise more than anything, especially at cruising speeds.

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ironically we'll have something for the 'Rango market shortly.

4xe can only equip the Tread Edition Axleback. With that, you should be a-okay, you'll hear wind and tire noise more than anything, especially at cruising speeds.
Thanks Josh! So if I've got a Rubicon 4xe my only option is the Tread Edition Axelback... got it.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL & JT

Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL & JT
@Josh/AWE
Any forum member discount?
I wish I could, buddy. We have a strict pricing policy to keep it fair across the board for everyone around the globe. I do recommend checking dealers like Quadtratec, Northridge, etc. as sometimes they offer free shipping which is never a bad thing.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my AWE exhaust (Trail edition) through Northridge 4x4 ( @Northridge4x4 ). Use this discount code:

jlwranglerforum

You just might get 5% off your AWE exhaust. Shipping is always free on orders over $70.

PS: I just checked and the code gets you 5% off an AWE exhaust. The code works for a lot of other parts and manufacturers too, not all though.

PSS: The AWE exhaust is a work of art! You will not be disappointed with either the sound or craftsmanship.

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found pictures of a 4xe with the Tread Edition Axelback on AWE's Facebook page. That does it... ordering! It looks GREAT!
Jeep Wrangler JL Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the JL/JLU. Available now. [Videos, Sound Clips, Dyno] 291361344_10160115094023966_5358694390022028323_n

Jeep Wrangler JL Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the JL/JLU. Available now. [Videos, Sound Clips, Dyno] 291755091_10160115094028966_9047842889052145082_n

Jbudz511

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara Altitude, '00 XJ Sport
Hey @Josh/AWE or @Sara/AWE ! Would you be able to comment on clearances with the tips off the tread edition? Would you say it's similar to the stock exhaust? Thanks!

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL & JT
Hey @Josh/AWE or @Sara/AWE ! Would you be able to comment on clearances with the tips off the tread edition? Would you say it's similar to the stock exhaust? Thanks!
Hey! Nice name.

Clearance would be lower than stock with the tips in place, but you could simply remove the tip outlets/tips from the center section of the axleback to omit any clearance concerns if needed. We put those break points there on purpose. :like:
Sponsored