Sponsored

Premium Sunrider Soft top

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
The standard top is vinyl. The premium top is twill \ sailcloth. It's about 3 times thicker with multiple layers. It is quieter and keeps heat\cold in better. It is worth every penny of the cost. I had one on my JKU. Loved it

Last edited:

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I see on the pricing thread that the “Premium Sunrider Soft Top” is a $595 upcharge. What is the real difference in that top and the standard one?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...voice-sport-s-sahara-rubicon.2388/#post-34670

FYI, I just tried to order from Bob Baker and had in my order the dual top option. I asked to add the premium soft top and he said that could not be done in combo with the dual top package. He printed out what was in each option and it states this for the dual top group (AEN)

Dual Top Group (AEN)

Details
  • Freedom Panel Storage Bag (CS2)
  • Black 3-piece Hard Top (HT1)
  • Rear Window Defroster (GFA)
  • Rear Window Wiper/Washer (JHB)
  • Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top (ST2)

That's good news since I'd like the upgrade soft top and he stated he couldn't choose both options... He handed me all the options details and low and behold it's because it's in there already.

Sadly when it came time to pay the "order fee" the finance guy would NOT honor the Tread Lightly discount

Last edited:
OP
OP
theplankeye

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Did you tell him it is an FCA affiliate discount? I think dealers freak out with the term "Tread Lightly Discount". It may not sound legit to them.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Did you tell him it is an FCA affiliate discount? I think dealers freak out with the term "Tread Lightly Discount". It may not sound legit to them.

Yes, their loss. I was not going to do it since they already were taking "order money" that get's them out of CA law to have to make it refundable because I really liked the internet sales manager but he left by that time and I was working with someone else. FCA said they couldn't force a dealership to honor even though their own site says they do honor.

:headbang:

Last edited:

Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
The standard top is vinyl. The premium top is twill \ sailcloth. It's about 3 times thicker will multiple layers. It is quieter and keeps heat\cold in better. It is worth every penny of the cost. I had one on my JKU. Loved it
Thanks rcr1340, great information.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, their loss. I was not going to do it since they already were taking "order money" that get's them out of CA law to have to make it refundable because I really liked the internet sales manager but he left by that time and I was working with someone else. FCA said they couldn't force a dealership to honor even though their own site says they do honor.

:headbang:
They have fixed it and I no longer am dealing with their general sales manager - only fleet. I think like you said it was NOT understanding what Fleet folks know!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Dual-top option includes the Premium Soft Top.

JohnF

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Willy's
Did they give a price for the Dual Top Option when you ordered it? I"m just curious how much more it is. Did you get black top or color matching?

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Did they give a price for the Dual Top Option when you ordered it? I"m just curious how much more it is. Did you get black top or color matching?
No pricing sorry.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
We know they increased the freedom top option by $100.

The JKU dual top option is $2,185 and another $1,100 for painted top on Sahara.

I would figure $2,300 to $2,500 for dual top and add another $1,100 to $1,200 for painted top. Prices are certainly not lower than JK.

LisaW

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S HellaYella and 2004 Jeep LJ Unlimited Solar Yellow
The standard top is vinyl. The premium top is twill \ sailcloth. It's about 3 times thicker with multiple layers. It is quieter and keeps heat\cold in better. It is worth every penny of the cost. I had one on my JKU. Loved it
I know this is an old thread, but I am finally able to order a JL in Hella Yella. I heard that the sailcloth is hard to keep clean (especially bird droppings). Have you had any problem cleaning your top?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Dual-top option includes the Premium Soft Top.
OP, like 31 said, I don't know a way that you can order the Dual top and NOT get a Premium soft top.

Perhaps the pricing logic is new to you. A Dual Top purchase is calculated as it is because to "FCA's mind," you are buying a hard top and a premium soft top, and returning to their inventory your standard basic soft top you opted out from when you choose the Dual top option.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I know this is an old thread, but I am finally able to order a JL in Hella Yella. I heard that the sailcloth is hard to keep clean (especially bird droppings). Have you had any problem cleaning your top?
I've had mine since early March and have had no issues. The soft top looks brand new.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
For what it’s worth I have always run the standard top and live in Louisiana - never had any issues. If you truly worried about wind noise and ambient temperature a hard top is the way to go. The new softbtop just sits on the side rain gutters lots of areas in this new style for cold and hot air to escape.
Sponsored