mkbarrett2

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
Hello,

I just purchased a 2018 Jeep Sahara JL. The guy I bought it from also has a MOPAR Soft top - Premium Tinted Part # 82215146, that he bought from Mopar after he purchased the vehicle in 2018. He is willing to sell me this at a pretty good price, It's never been out of the box. I looked it up on the Mopar site, and see that the part number on the Mopar site is # 82215146AB. Not sure what the "AB" is after the numbers stands for?

On the Mopar web page for this Premium Sun Rider Top for the 2018-2020 Wrangler JL, In the body of the description of the top it talks about this being a "new and improved" mopar Premium sun rider top featuring a reengineered design that cuts down on wind noise, manages water more effectively and makes raising & lowering the top easier. It also says that it's a zipless design and the assist mechanisms were also redesigned to make it easier for one person operation.

Then it says that this Part # 82215146AB, replaces Part #82215146. His box has the number # 82215146 on it. I just want to make sure I'm not going to get the one with zippers if I buys this. Why is there an "AB" after the part number now? What is the difference in the product on the two part numbers?

I would appreciate any help you can give. Thanks,
Sponsored

Maller

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
AB indicates a revision to the original part number. Usually a minor adjustment to improve an issue. AB becomes the standard build over the AA version of the same number. I did a quick search, AB looks like the latest version for that part number, so you should have the best possible part at this time.

OP
OP

mkbarrett2

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
AB indicates a revision to the original part number. Usually a minor adjustment to improve an issue. AB becomes the standard build over the AA version of the same number. I did a quick search, AB looks like the latest version for that part number, so you should have the best possible part at this time.

OP
OP

mkbarrett2

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
I am just afraid that the original part number without the "AB" will have the zip off windows, and I am really wanting the "zipperless" windows. I have spent time calling Jeep twice and they can't tell me when or anything about what the changes were for this part number? Very frustrating because this one without the "AB" is much less expensive from the private seller.

Thanks,
Sponsored