Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
My flap came out every day since new. It was also sliding to the right and causing rubbing on the tailgate. It was literally wearing through the top flap. Jeep care got involved and I eventually got the whole window replaced under warranty. Problem solved. It was clearly a different design, looked almost the same but some of the plastic channel etc was different. BUUUUT.....I only had it on for a couple of weeks before my windows came out for the season. Hopefully it stays put when late fall comes around.

So hit your dealer up and let them know they can and have been replaced under warranty. Jeepcares was very helpful and I doubt it would ever have happened without them so you should probably hit them up too.

Jeep wanted to keep the factory window so that they could inspect it. Reasonable. But stunk cuz I was hoping to keep for a "junk" window when I need to have transport long items - think 2x4's etc. WOulda had no problem having the old one just hanging there or flapping in the breeze.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Same thing happened to us yesterday. Lucky no one was hurt but it could have been very bad. Traffic was heavy.

Mishka75

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 door Jeep Sahara
My wife's JLU with premium soft top almost always has the passenger tab loose at the bottom of the window, especially after driving with windows down and the Sunrider open. My JL has the basic top, and both tabs stay in (so far), even with the windows down and the Sunrider open. Kinda weird!
Make sure to and let your dealership know. Also, call Jeep directly and get a case number.

PunknU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Took my 2018 into the dealership this past week and they ordered and replaced the entire rear window. Tabs have been in ever since.
Sponsored