Powered Sub Wiring?

bmrrwolfe

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2005 Grand Cherokee
I was looking to add a powered sub either on the tailgate or under the passenger seat. Looking at the Alpine PWE-S8 or similar. I have the factory tow package with AUX switches, would it be possible to use the 40 amp wiring from the switch panel to power it? I doubt I will ever need 4 aux lighting sources and this seems to really simplify and clean up the install. As far as I can tell, I can program the switches to run constant, and automatically turn on with the Jeep. This leaves it as easy an running a ground and tapping into the rear speakers for input.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@bmrrwolfe

Sure you can do that.... you can use either Aux 1 or 2, as they both are 40 amp. Yes, you can program the Aux you use to power up, each time you start your JL. By the way, if the powered sub has it's own inline fuse, keep that in the mix. The 40 amp Aux is fused at 40 amp.

OP
OP
bmrrwolfe

bmrrwolfe

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2005 Grand Cherokee
@bmrrwolfe

Sure you can do that.... you can use either Aux 1 or 2, as they both are 40 amp. Yes, you can program the Aux you use to power up, each time you start your JL. By the way, if the powered sub has it's own inline fuse, keep that in the mix. The 40 amp Aux is fused at 40 amp.
Thanks!! I will have to figure out the true power draw by these little powered subs, and either mount it under the passenger seat, or where the factory sub is mounted.
Sponsored