Power Steering Going In/Out

jeremy89

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018
My 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler power steering goes out intermittently when going over 30mph and will come back on usually when it goes under 30 mph. I've taken it to two different dealerships and have a case manager with @JeepCares but they can't replicate it and no one is fixing anything besides doing a software update which the problem came back after that as well. Please if anyone has any way they could help this is going to cause an accident and I need this steering problem fixed.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My 2018 would go out once about every thousand miles under varying conditions. My dash would also light up like a Christmas tree. Several times I drove it straight to a dealership with no power steering so they could document it. They replaced almost everything involving the steering and electronics that have something to do with steering. Nothing helped. Eventually, FCA bought it back. My 2019 has been flawless over 19K miles. Good Luck.

OP
OP

jeremy89

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018
My 2018 would go out once about every thousand miles under varying conditions. My dash would also light up like a Christmas tree. Several times I drove it straight to a dealership with no power steering so they could document it. They replaced almost everything involving the steering and electronics that have something to do with steering. Nothing helped. Eventually, FCA bought it back. My 2019 has been flawless over 19K miles. Good Luck.
That's crazy. The frustrating part is it keeps going in and out. So it won't happen for days then it'll randomly happen. So I could take it in and they still won't do anything unless they can replicate it. Super frustrating.

OP
OP

jeremy89

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018
Frustrating part about mine is it'll go out and come back on so by the time i could get it to the dealership it could be back on. And @JeepCares will NOT authorize a rental car in the meantime. Super helpful. So, I'm without a car and they still won't authorize a steering fix.
Sponsored