Power Steering Deactivated and Service Electronic Stability Control warning

Xfactor67

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I literally purchased my JL this past Saturday and these things happened in the span of 2 hours. I was at a stoplight when the power steering seemed to go out after attempting to make a left turn. I get to the girlfriends house to drop off food and head home. About an hour and a half later I’m within 100 yards of my apartment and the service electronic stability control warning pops up.

It’s safe to say that I am very unhappy with my new purchase. To the point where I’m going to ask for a refund as I have 200 miles on it. 40 miles being driven in the last 2 days.
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I literally purchased my JL this past Saturday and these things happened in the span of 2 hours. I was at a stoplight when the power steering seemed to go out after attempting to make a left turn. I get to the girlfriends house to drop off food and head home. About an hour and a half later I’m within 100 yards of my apartment and the service electronic stability control warning pops up.

It’s safe to say that I am very unhappy with my new purchase. To the point where I’m going to ask for a refund as I have 200 miles on it. 40 miles being driven in the last 2 days.
Where did you buy it , Sacramento or out-of-state ? If within state of California , you will be covered under California lemon law . Look up oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/cars for instructions on how to file .

You also can contact your Regional Customer Service Manager , through your dealer , or through Mike Manley CEO .

Last edited:
OP
OP

Xfactor67

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Where did you buy it , Sacramento or out-of-state ? If within state of California , you will be covered under California lemon law . Look up oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/cars for instructions on how to file .

You also can contact your Regional Customer Service Manager , through your dealer , or through Mike Manley CEO .
I purchased the car up in Placerville, about 30 mins from Sacramento.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I purchased the car up in Placerville, about 30 mins from Sacramento.
So , legally you are protected . If dealer service is clueless , I'd connect with your Regional Customer Service Manager asap .
Sponsored