Sponsored

Power Soft Top Available to Order 6/7! [UPDATE: OPEN NOW and First Confirmed Order!]

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
Demonic, That's great news. Yours is getting close. It kills me that this stuff can't get out of the rail yards more quickly. I think mine was there for 13 days. I went through and looked up all the deliveries to the rail yard mine went to for 2017/2018 on JeepGarage.org and the average was 5 days with the shortest being same day (offload to pickup) and as long as 11. It's a killer wait for sure, but you'll get it soon i'm sure. I'm picking mine up this week and getting it wrapped before leaving for the drive home.
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
It seems like all the 2018s are about to find their homes. It is hard to say what has been the worst part: Taking forever to get the Power Tops started, the Power Top manufacturing pause and restart, the build by color que, or sitting idle in transit waypoints.
To me, the inaccurate tracking and false status updates just made the whole experience bazaar.

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The other issue that really irks me is the fact that FCA raised the price while mine was waiting a very long time to be built. I'm out another grand due to the delay. Now I'm not getting killed because I'm still at 13% of MSRP but still it's more money's out of my mod budget.

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took delivery today and all the bad experiences washed away! I don't have lots of pics or time with the JL as I drove about 30 minutes after delivery to drop it off with Scott @XPEL, formerly Transguard, to have it nearly completely wrapped with XPEL Ultimate Plus prior to my drive back to SoCal. What a great vehicle!

upload_2018-11-28_20-17-54.png

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Awesome, congrats!

Sponsored

Figment490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, 2015 JKU Rubicon (sold)
What’s the height of the opened top? Any chance there’s a roof rack that would clear it? (Allowing you to still open/close the top.)

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s the height of the opened top? Any chance there’s a roof rack that would clear it? (Allowing you to still open/close the top.)
I don't know yet, but once I get back home i'm planning to measure and see if gobi's stealth rack will fit.

Greeneyedgirl

First Name
Trista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Rescue Green Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
RN
I picked up my power top yesterday.....it's amaaaaazing!!! Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and ultimately helped me make the decision to order it.
bE1j9iEiTKu+sTDohQpbXA.jpg
ZTPQO55QRN2g7NZY4aEEvA.jpg

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Congrats Trista! That looks like a 2019?
My dealer just texted me and said my 2018 arrived after ordering half a year ago haha. Now they're waiting on the title.

Sponsored

Greeneyedgirl

First Name
Trista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Rescue Green Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
RN
Congrats Trista! That looks like a 2019?
My dealer just texted me and said my 2018 arrived after ordering half a year ago haha. Now they're waiting on the title.
It is a 2019. I ordered on 9/13. I can't believe yours has taken that long. And I thought waiting almost three months was terrible...but I can tell you it was worth waiting for! I hope you feel the same way when you finally get yours!!!

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly JK-U, JL-U awaiting production
If anyone wants one ASAP, PM me- I decided to go in a different direction after multiple delays and bad info and....alas....mine has now shipped and I'd love to help my dealer find it a good home.

Granite, Sky Roof Sahara, 6 speed manual, well optioned.

cypherflow

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR & Evolve e-skateboard
Occupation
Super Computer Nerd
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an order for a JLUR with sky one touch last Friday. Dealer said expect end of Jan delivery. *knock on wood! =P

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Mine arrived at the dealer this past Friday, but as of today they still haven’t received the title/COO from Chrysler. So I went to look at it, and get a loaner car from them in the meantime. Today is the 6-month anniversary from the day I ordered. I simply never imagined going through this...