Sponsored

Power Soft Top Available to Order 6/7! [UPDATE: OPEN NOW and First Confirmed Order!]

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
I refuse to pay $25 for this information....
I get it and I held out for a long time, but after all the shenanigans with Jeep Chat, Nicole, my dealer and the regional rep I finally just said F it and paid for this service. As it stands I stopped calling Jeep Chat all together and found out my jeep was built 2 days before Nicole emailed me. And neither my dealer or Nicole can seem to give me this level of detail updated daily without me texting and waiting on their CF of a process.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
I get it and I held out for a long time, but after all the shenanigans with Jeep Chat, Nicole, my dealer and the regional rep I finally just said F it and paid for this service. As it stands I stopped calling Jeep Chat all together and found out my jeep was built 2 days before Nicole emailed me. And neither my dealer or Nicole can seem to give me this level of detail updated daily without me texting and waiting on their CF of a process.
This comment basically echos all of my negative feelings toward Jeep Cares, Jeep Chat and Nicole.

OP
OP

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
Also, on topic of 2018 v. 2019.... despite no difference between model year, the cost of ordering a 2019 would be about $1k higher than the 2018 I ordered in June. So that offsets the $500 gain in residual if and when I sell this thing in 2028.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I moved to JB today according to JeepGarage. This is where I’ll now have to wait and see how long I’m stuck in JB for the Katzkin leather install. As others said, the $25 was totally worth it to me to have detailed info instantly that Jeep could never provide me.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
I’m also eagerly anticipating Gregodav’s full review. I’m betting he has left us and now hanging out in the Experienced Power Top OWNERS forum....

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I’m also eagerly anticipating Gregodav’s full review. I’m betting he has left us and now hanging out in the Experienced Power Top OWNERS forum....
Yeah this feels like the holidays, where Dave now sits at the adult table and we’re still at the kids table in the corner on our little folding chairs...

Dark-R

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Also, on topic of 2018 v. 2019.... despite no difference between model year, the cost of ordering a 2019 would be about $1k higher than the 2018 I ordered in June. So that offsets the $500 gain in residual if and when I sell this thing in 2028.
2019 offers advanced safety option which is why I waited

MeepMeepJeep

First Name
Julia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2015 Wrangler
That's my only regret-the cruise control is awesome to have. However my dealer tried to order that with LED and said LED couldn't be ordered for 2019. Is that true or no?

I'm headed out to drive my car for the first time since driving it home. I literally put it in the garage and went back to work and haven't been able to play. Today, I play.

OP
OP

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
That's my only regret-the cruise control is awesome to have. However my dealer tried to order that with LED and said LED couldn't be ordered for 2019. Is that true or no?

I'm headed out to drive my car for the first time since driving it home. I literally put it in the garage and went back to work and haven't been able to play. Today, I play.
Review please! Did you get turbo engine? I can’t wait to play with that torque.

Sponsored

MeepMeepJeep

First Name
Julia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2015 Wrangler
First stop-the beach. The Jeep is so agile, has so much power. My old Sahara was tired, compared to this car. I can't overstate the handling and the features of this rig. In between thunderstorms, had the roof open. Pulled over when it started to rain again-though I wouldn't even need to, you can close the roof on the fly.

I got the 3.6L not the turbo, but that's what my last Jeep had so I'm just a creature of habit I guess. Now I'm hearing such amazing things about this turbo engine that I wished I'd taken the chance. So far, gas mileage in the 3.6 is superb however, but I am just past break in stage so I haven't had it out on highway yet.

I think I need a class on how to use the radio-the touch screen is so complex. Heated seat controls are on the screen, as is steering wheel heater. The XM radio is something I never renewed in my old Jeep and i forgot how nice that is to have-they load you up with every channel that is available. I opted for black leather, because I have dark colored dogs and they are almost always with me. I'm glad I did, the leather seems very durable, and I think it will hold up nicely.

I watched a person in a JK that was also out four wheeling on the beach today watching my roof as it ribboned it's way open after the storm. Word is out. This is the lazy man's (or woman's) dream. I got to enjoy the sun and the fresh air and with one push of a button got to close it back up again.

The jury is out on how it will look (Fantasy Island?) with the windows out and the doors off...but so far, I LOVE it. Can't say enough.

Steering is tight, my welds look on center though I did find one that doesn't extend all the way to the end of the seam-so I am going back to dealer for my inspection sticker and will certainly have them take a look.

The passive lock system is strange-you push a button on the door, but then when you come back to the car, if the fob is within 8 feet or so you can reach out and just pull your door open. It's a bit strange to me that you can't just lock with the remote. I'm a person that usually walks ten feet away from the Jeep before I remember to lock it. So I'm not sure I will use that feature much.

I am really in love with this car-I think the dog likes it too. Now time for a bath-I feel a little bad that I salted it up already.

IMG_6229.JPG

IMG_6237.JPG

IMG_6238.JPG

IMG_6236.JPG

Vipersnake

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLRU
Today I went to a Jeep store and saw the EXACT same Jeep as me but in Ocean Blue. It was hilarious, the first power top ive seen other than mine and he got it the same day too :) Should have gotten a pic of them side by side.

Washed it twice already and the paint is really nice other than a few cloudy spot i'm not happy about. Other than that I absolutely love the truck!

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
:cwl::cwl::cwl:
Just checking on you kids at the small table... HaHaHa

I have noticed a lot of people go quiet after they get their Jeep. I know why.
There is a little of the "I don't want to rub it in" mentality and whole lot of the I am going for a ride whenever it is the least bit warm.

And now for the review.

Gregodav on the 2018 Jeep 4 door Wrangler Rubicon with the Sky One-Touch Power Top.

Driving the new Rubicon with the Sky One-Touch Power Top is pretty cool. Outside of the Power Top, I had just a handful of upgrades:

1. Cold Weather Group with includes Heated Seats, remote start, and a heated steering wheel.
2. An 8.4”Infotainment system which the Alpine sound system
3. Automatic Transmission

I have owned a lot of convertibles during my lifetime. At 6’7” tall I have loved them all. They provide extra headroom. I suppose I have a little “Big dog” in me. I just love the feeling of the wind blowing in my face, the smell of the countryside, the visual and sound of a jet on final approach skimming overhead.

The Sky One-Touch Power Top lets me experience the outdoors 4 or 5 times more than any conventional top or Jeep Freedom top I have ever owned. With every other top the driver makes a calculated decision on the weather: will I love or hate my decision to open the top. What is the threat of rain?

The Sky One-Touch is a major improvement in driving experience for me. I have made the decision that it was too cold out to drive with the top open. Five minutes later I am struck in traffic, the sun popped out -- And I am opening the Power Top.

The Cold Weather group really adds to the enjoyment. During the chilly fail days the heated steering wheels and seats lets me drive with the top open longer. There was a day or two I went looking for my gloves. I could not find them so I just turn on the heated steering wheel. The JK seat heaters are warmer than the 2014 heaters.

The top is definitely quieter than a Jeep Soft top or a conventional soft top convertible with a liner for that matter. My wife hates to drive in the standard Jeep soft top on a long trip due to the road and wind noise. I feel like this is much closer to the Jeep Freedom hardtop.

I have noticed that certain sounds, coming from above, are much louder that the hard top: trucks, airplanes, and sounds ricocheting under an overpass.

Since I am driving with the top down more frequently it is good to have a better and louder sound system. Take it from the old rock n’ roll radio DJ, the new Alpine sound system is a perfect fit for the new top.

I have always liked the contrasting look of the Jeep black fenders and black freedom top. It always appeared a little more aggressive to me. I know I am taller than most, so I see the top from above every day, but the look of the giant black rectangle covering the top goes nicely with my black fenders.

I have had the Jeep for less than a week, and it has been really busy at work and home. We are moving into snow flurry weather so I have not removed the doors or the rear quarter panel windows yet.

My day job is Information Technology and I have a background in broadcasting but the Infotainment system is overwhelming in complexity and choices. I am sure I will get there, but I suspect most people will use 10% of its capabilities.

When I originally test drove a new JLU with leather seating I had a lot of issues with the lack of headroom clearance with the sports bar. The cloth seats must have less padding, because I have enough headroom. My wife hates the front seat headrests. She is short enough that the headrest forces her head forward in a downward position.

The Sky One-Touch Power Top does have one major drawback: The name. The name is way too long.

MeepMeepJeep

First Name
Julia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2015 Wrangler
Yes I agree about the sound dampening-not a problem at all. I had it out on highway today and it was equally as quiet as my hard top except when passing under a bridge the ceiling noise got a little louder but nothing really bothersome or noticeable.

No squeaks, creaks, Power top lines up and I got out of car after storm and didn’t have any water pouring in on me. All good here!!!

OP
OP

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
My wife and kids have officially barred me from any further Jeep talk until that thing is sitting in my driveway. It was built on October 27th and has been in transit since. MeepMeepMeep has the same car as me, ordered after me, and his dealer is 45 minutes away from mine... but he got his a week ago. How is this possible? Turbo delay?

Will my Jeep arrive today? This week? This month? JeepCares now tells me that my dealer has the best info, but my dealer says that they can only see "in transit"... Is this last knowledge gap worth $25 for Milous? Possibly....
Sponsored