Sponsored

Power Soft Top Available to Order 6/7! [UPDATE: OPEN NOW and First Confirmed Order!]

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I too have grown tired of the wait. I have been waiting since June of last 2017 to order and receive it. My old 14 Rubi is now long gone and I am driving a Chevy while I wait.
What keeps me here is my love of new technology and the fear of the unknown. Will Jeep still offer the Sky One-Touch Power Top next year? Will Jeep raise the price or bundle it into an option package I really don't want.
I sense the real problem is Jeep's customer communications strategy.
Sponsored

Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
I'll consider it a victory if communication is the biggest problem we face. Even worse is if they start delivering power tops that leak, fail, etc. That's a total disaster.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I too have grown tired of the wait. I have been waiting since June of last 2017 to order and receive it. My old 14 Rubi is now long gone and I am driving a Chevy while I wait.
What keeps me here is my love of new technology and the fear of the unknown. Will Jeep still offer the Sky One-Touch Power Top next year? Will Jeep raise the price or bundle it into an option package I really don't want.
I totally hear you and the problem is a first model year and couple that with the all new power top that was just released that was never available before (new technology) and that leads to the long wait.

Here is how to look at it. Hang in there because once you get it all this waiting frustration will disappear and you will be enjoying exactly what you had been waiting for. The awesomeness of the moment will way outshadow the frustration of the wait. I originally wanted the power top, but once I saw the ease of use on the new softtop and the fact that I love the total open air of the top completely off, I decided not to wait for the power top and I ordered the dual top.

Hang in there pal, it will be worth it.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'll consider it a victory if communication is the biggest problem we face. Even worse is if they start delivering power tops that leak, fail, etc. That's a total disaster.
Ike,
You realize this is a true convertible.
Every convertible I have ever owned has leaked to some degree. I raise and lower my tops so much that I either crack/wear-out the fabric top or the rubber gaskets fail after a few years of overuse and Kansas weather. Add to that a stiff 50 mph cross wind in a driving rain and you get the picture.
A couple of my former cars I always tried to bring a windbreaker to the car wash to throw over my jeans.

Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ike,
You realize this is a true convertible.
Every convertible I have ever owned has leaked to some degree. I raise and lower my tops so much that I either crack/wear-out the fabric top or the rubber gaskets fail after a few years of overuse and Kansas weather. Add to that a stiff 50 mph cross wind in a driving rain and you get the picture.
A couple of my former cars I always tried to bring a windbreaker to the car wash to throw over my jeans.
I consider myself pretty lucky in that my '08 Wrangler and '13 Wrangler were always free of leaks, and that's in pretty harsh Chicago weather.

Sponsored

mmazz22

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
My latest update is : Apparently it should ship 8/20 and I should have second week of September. I told my dealership this is the last push off. If it is a no go cancel the order and Ill ride out my Acadia lease till that ends in Deceember and then use my 2 door wrangler. Ill then revisit this next spring. Thank god the guy that I sold my 2 door Wrangler too is in no hurry so I still have that to enjoy in the shitty northeast weather . haha
On a side note- I guess I have been so obessed with the power top that I never looked into the new soft top. Is it true they are easy? Because my 2 door soft top is a bitch. It comes off in May and goes back on in October. Only take out on 100% sure nice days. that is what drew me to the power top.

OP
OP

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
My latest update is : Apparently it should ship 8/20 and I should have second week of September. I told my dealership this is the last push off. If it is a no go cancel the order and Ill ride out my Acadia lease till that ends in Deceember and then use my 2 door wrangler. Ill then revisit this next spring. Thank god the guy that I sold my 2 door Wrangler too is in no hurry so I still have that to enjoy in the shitty northeast weather . haha
On a side note- I guess I have been so obessed with the power top that I never looked into the new soft top. Is it true they are easy? Because my 2 door soft top is a bitch. It comes off in May and goes back on in October. Only take out on 100% sure nice days. that is what drew me to the power top.
I was given a ship date of 7/20 and then 7/26 but as of this morning I am still in D1 with no ETA. I was also elevated to specialty something or other and "guaranteed" to have a call-back within 24 hours. No call back.

mmazz22

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
oh yea they priortized me and apparently mine will be loaded so its like a first stop or something. who knows.

Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My sales guy showed me his Jeep dealership computer terminal, and their "dashboard" page shows the latest news and developments on the Jeep front. As a longtime Jeep sale guy, he says he's fairly confident that when Jeep actually begins production of the power sliding roof that it will appear on his dashboard. He's seen nothing so far.

I'm not sure if this is any more or less reliable that the other info folks are hearing, but I just wanted to share what he told me.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I was really hoping one of us would have had a Sky One-Touch Power Top build start this past week. Bummer...

Sponsored

joelmthomas4

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Here is my update for this week:

Jeep agent: Thank you for your patience as I have found your vehicle. At this time there is not an ETA on your vehicle. I have found a status under your vehicle at this time your status is as following: This is the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles may be held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements.

So no real update from last week.
Checked again last night with Jeep Customer Service and got the same exact response as last week. See above.

CGRubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Checked again last night with Jeep Customer Service and got the same exact response as last week. See above.
I'm sure they are getting tire of hearing from us!
Go the same answer for the past 3 weeks without any hope for resolution any time soon.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Yup, they are that easy. I have a JLUR and considered the powered top, but after seeing the YouTube vids of how easy the soft top was, I changed my mind and ordered the dual top. The new soft top is awesome.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yup, they are that easy. I have a JLUR and considered the powered top, but after seeing the YouTube vids of how easy the soft top was, I changed my mind and ordered the dual top. The new soft top is awesome.
I watched the new videos as well. It looked slightly better that the JKU Bestop SuperTop NX that I had installed on my Jeep. Here is my video on the SuperTop NX: It just isn't as easy or fast as pushing a button.
;)

MeepMeepJeep

First Name
Julia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2015 Wrangler
The Sky One Touch power top might be a new technology to the Wrangler, but I have faith that FIAT of all companies will come through with it, firstly since it's been a technology they've been using on the 500C forever, and so for that it's not really a "new" technology, it's just new to the Jeep body itself. I saw a review on Youtube of someone bringing a Jeep with this top to a carwash and literally abusing the top with a pressure washer, and could not get a drop of water to leak in-which is more than I can say for my T-top (Freedom) Sahara that I have now!

I ordered in June, and was told the day I ordered it would be September. So I'm not sure why others were given shorter order spans, but I want them to test mine out for any and all issues prior to shipping it to me, that's for sure.
Sponsored