Sponsored

Power Soft Top Available to Order 6/7! [UPDATE: OPEN NOW and First Confirmed Order!]

OP
OP

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
They just sent me message via Twitter to expect update by the end of NEXT week. Gregodav heard production was starting today but I was told “in a few weeks”. I don’t know if anyone knows anything. Phenomenally disappointing customer service.
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Templeton,

I'm wondering if the Nicole you received the above from is the same Nicole my message came from. It's the same message. I responded to Nicole last week using the link she provided but have received zero response. Hopefully there's some movement this week.
Probably is if it came from [email protected]

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did FCA ever START production of the power top? To my knowledge, no one has received one.
Joelmthom
Did FCA ever START production of the power top? To my knowledge, no one has received one.
JoelMThomas4 had his built... He quoted a Jeep agent as saying it was in a stage where it was either selected for additional inspections or held for delivery.
I believe Mmazz22 may have a build as well. Hopefully he can get some more info on his build.
Like you I have not heard of anyone receiving a completed Sky One-Touch.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They just sent me message via Twitter to expect update by the end of NEXT week. Gregodav heard production was starting today but I was told “in a few weeks”. I don’t know if anyone knows anything. Phenomenally disappointing customer service.
Actually this week was the word. Friday? Hopefully one of has a "Build Sheet' by this weekend.

jrizz1

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
Actually this week was the word. Friday? Hopefully one of has a "Build Sheet' by this weekend.
I received my Build Sheet from "Cryptostickers" on 7/15. My order date was 6/14. I too am in JS status. I hope I am just waiting to go to shipping, not additional inspection.

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I received my Build Sheet from "Cryptostickers" on 7/15. My order date was 6/14. I too am in JS status. I hope I am just waiting to go to shipping, not additional inspection.
Your Wrangler has been shipped to storage. I would assume it is waiting to be loaded on a railcar to be shipped to NY where it will likely be parked in another lot. waiting to be trucked to your dealer.

mmazz22

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
So I guess my dealer was given wrong info couple weeks ago
This is my update after live chatting.

This is the update that I have for you at this time :
All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received.· The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.
chatEndUserMessage.png
mike mazzanoble: so how long from there.
chatAgent.png
Sarah: it can remain in this status for 30 days
chatEndUserMessage.png
mike mazzanoble: ugh

joelmthomas4

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Joelmthom

JoelMThomas4 had his built... He quoted a Jeep agent as saying it was in a stage where it was either selected for additional inspections or held for delivery.
I believe Mmazz22 may have a build as well. Hopefully he can get some more info on his build.
Like you I have not heard of anyone receiving a completed Sky One-Touch.

I have not checked with Jeep customer service this week yet, but I checked with my dealer. They verified that it is still sitting in storage, but could get or give nothing more of an update. They said they were having trouble getting answers also. I will check back with Jeep at the end of this week.

1agnes1

First Name
Desiree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB E550
I chatted today with jeep care:
“Brandi: There is a delay on the power top, I will check the case number for you Desiree.
Desiree: Thank you!
Brandi: I see on the case you have been talking to Jeff from out Order tracking team. Once there is an update on your order Jeff will contact you. Also i will document on the case to inform him you chatted in.
Desiree: Thank you! Do you have any idea when they will start building the jeeps with the power top?
Brandi: No sorry Desiree we have no ETA available yet.
Desiree: OK thank you!
Brandi: Thank you for chatting in!”
My dealer was wrong: the delay is because of the power top!
I was told that I would have the jeep delivered in 10-12 weeks: I ordered on 6/8/18......!:-(

CGRubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I chatted today with jeep care:
“Brandi: There is a delay on the power top, I will check the case number for you Desiree.
Desiree: Thank you!
Brandi: I see on the case you have been talking to Jeff from out Order tracking team. Once there is an update on your order Jeff will contact you. Also i will document on the case to inform him you chatted in.
Desiree: Thank you! Do you have any idea when they will start building the jeeps with the power top?
Brandi: No sorry Desiree we have no ETA available yet.
Desiree: OK thank you!
Brandi: Thank you for chatting in!”
My dealer was wrong: the delay is because of the power top!
I was told that I would have the jeep delivered in 10-12 weeks: I ordered on 6/8/18......!:-(
Nothing new on mine.

Sponsored

mmazz22

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Are any of you thinking of canceling becaurse of the bullshit and just over it for awhile? Are the ones we have on order 18's or 19's? At this point would it be better to cancel and wait for the 2019's? I dont blame my dealership, I feel they just were nt getting accurate info from Jeep. My salesperson said he had a customer that waited 8 weeks for a Jeep (not our power top one), he finally had enough and cancelled it once Jeep told the dealership it was going to be another 2-4 weeks. Guy canceled and the Jeep showed up at the dealership the next day. WTF?

CGRubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Are any of you thinking of canceling becaurse of the bullshit and just over it for awhile? Are the ones we have on order 18's or 19's? At this point would it be better to cancel and wait for the 2019's? I dont blame my dealership, I feel they just were nt getting accurate info from Jeep. My salesperson said he had a customer that waited 8 weeks for a Jeep (not our power top one), he finally had enough and cancelled it once Jeep told the dealership it was going to be another 2-4 weeks. Guy canceled and the Jeep showed up at the dealership the next day. WTF?
Only good thing is I have a deal on my trade which makes it worth waiting

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
My salesperson said he had a customer that waited 8 weeks for a Jeep (not our power top one), he finally had enough and cancelled it once Jeep told the dealership it was going to be another 2-4 weeks. Guy canceled and the Jeep showed up at the dealership the next day. WTF?
My god, can't anyone wait anymore? No patience at all? If your dealer is worth a spit, they will tell you (especially with the new model Wrangler this year) that an order can take 6-12 weeks and possibly a little longer. So the cancelled guy was at 8 weeks and was told maybe a few more and he cancelled? Really? I know waiting is a bitch, but come on have a little patience.

mmazz22

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I dont mind waiting but its the not getting a straight answer that bugs me. Just tell me its going to be 12 weeks and Im fine.
But you know how we all waited for just the privilage of ordering the car. Then told 6-8 weeks. Then for instance on week 8 I am told its just about done and it ll be 2 weeks. then 2 weeks after that I m told one thing by the dealership then I do live chat only to find that the parts are somewhere ready, but they could sit like that for another month. So for me at this point I live in the northeast by the time I get this car the top off season is over. I mine as well wait for the 2019 and actually see what one of these look like in person and see if anyone is haveing issues that perhaps the next round wont have. I feel most people on this thread are very patient people.

OP
OP

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
I dont mind waiting but its the not getting a straight answer that bugs me. Just tell me its going to be 12 weeks and Im fine.
But you know how we all waited for just the privilage of ordering the car. Then told 6-8 weeks. Then for instance on week 8 I am told its just about done and it ll be 2 weeks. then 2 weeks after that I m told one thing by the dealership then I do live chat only to find that the parts are somewhere ready, but they could sit like that for another month. So for me at this point I live in the northeast by the time I get this car the top off season is over. I mine as well wait for the 2019 and actually see what one of these look like in person and see if anyone is haveing issues that perhaps the next round wont have. I feel most people on this thread are very patient people.
I totally agree. I was told to expect end of July delivery and now we are in the second week of August and not only do I not have the car or a delivery date, I don’t have any more info than I had on the day I ordered. I’m not sure 2019 will have any real advancement however and I am not really that concerned about the residual value. I’d just like Jeep to return my call or email.
Sponsored