Sponsored

Power Soft Top Available to Order 6/7! [UPDATE: OPEN NOW and First Confirmed Order!]

Gator Jeep 1

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Anyone looking for a Sky One Touch Power Top Jeep? There are 2- 2018’s sitting on the lot in Palatka, FL. I believe both are Sahara’s. I took pics of the Billet Silver one today. The other one is Black. Dealer is Beck CDJR

1858AD0D-36A8-43D3-85DB-F2EC0D2B1C84.jpeg

94FA2208-0E2C-45A0-937F-592A83A8CBFB.jpeg

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
2018 Sky One-Touch Power Top sales estimates:
Based upon my calcs there were maybe a total of 1,500 to 2,500 total Sky One-Touch Power Tops built in 2018.
It looks like Jeep limited most dealer stock colors to Granite, Black, White, Billet, and Red. Firecracker Red was the rarest of these. I estimate there were fewer than 150 built for customers and dealer stock.

All other colors are are even more scarce. The following 2018 colors are extremely rare: Ocean Blue, Mojito, Punk'n, Hellayella, and Sting Gray.

Just because a color and option combination are rare does not mean it will grow into a collectable. But maybe...

Last edited:
OP
OP

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
2018 Sky One-Touch Power Top sales estimates:
Based upon my calcs there were maybe a total of 1,500 to 2,500 total Sky One-Touch Power Tops built in 2018.
It looks like Jeep limited most dealer stock colors to Granite, Black, White, Billet, and Red. Firecracker Red was the rarest of these. I estimate there were fewer than 150 built for customers and dealer stock.

All other colors are are even more scarce. The following 2018 colors are extremely rare: Ocean Blue, Mojito, Punk'n, Hellayella, and Sting Gray.

Just because a color and option combination are rare does not mean it will grow into a collectable. But maybe...
I have passed other JLs on the street and watched the driver do a double take at mine. Maybe it’s the Power Top. Maybe it’s the Ocean Blue. Maybe it’s my dashing good looks. Maybe it’s Maybelline.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Jeepchat says my 2018 is still in JB now, and said they have no way to confirm it is the last 2018 Jeep to leave the factory, but the rep said it is the last they’re aware of. Have any 2019 power top orders gotten to KZ yet that we know of? At this point part of the reason for not ordering a 2019 is so I can still buy the lifetime warranty on my 2018.

Sponsored

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
I’m not sure of all the classifications of status. But, I was in JB last week, just got my window sticker this morning, so I’m thinking that means it’s complete?

My order is for a 2019 Moab with sky one touch, tow pakage etc

Adjavix

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
My 2019 Sahara with sky one touch has shipped. Expected to be at the rail yard in Missouri by 12/3 where, according to my dealer, it will sit for several weeks because they don’t have enough truck drivers contracted to bring from rail yard to dealership (a process that should only take a week with adequate staffing). He told me to expect mid December at the very earliest now...

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
My 2019 Sahara with sky one touch has shipped. Expected to be at the rail yard in Missouri by 12/3 where, according to my dealer, it will sit for several weeks because they don’t have enough truck drivers contracted to bring from rail yard to dealership (a process that should only take a week with adequate staffing). He told me to expect mid December at the very earliest now...

My 2018 Mojito power top JLUR is still in a rail yard in roper Utah. It has been since 11/10...Completely ridiculous.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
My 2018 Mojito power top JLUR is still in a rail yard in roper Utah. It has been since 11/10...Completely ridiculous.
Hey at least yours is out of JB status haha

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
Hey at least yours is out of JB status haha
I just received great news from Nicole at FCA. My Jeep was delivered last night to my dealer. I'm happy I was able to skip over JB hell but it still took 22 days for delivery. I'll have to see if I can take delivery next week or the week after.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Sponsored

MeepMeepJeep

First Name
Julia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2015 Wrangler
Wow this is great news, finally everyone is getting their cars-but honestly I have to say it's a bit off-putting that we waited 7+ months and then someone orders a 2019 and it's done like light toast. Wow. Well, I spent the latter part of Thanksgiving waxing my rare Ocean Blue. It's glorious.

How many of the colors do they think were made? Is there anywhere to actually find out this information?

Adjavix

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
So they should delay 2019 production by 7 months for no reason so that it’s “fair”? I guess misery really does love company.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Dealer just texted me to say my 2018 is in transit and should arrive by the second week of December. Finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

So they should delay 2019 production by 7 months for no reason so that it’s “fair”? I guess misery really does love company.
Uh...what? Just because we got shafted and pointed it out, doesn't mean we want other people to also get screwed over. Something can be unfair without having to make other people suffer to make it fair. By your logic if someone walking by me on the street randomly punched me for no reason at all, and I said "well that wasn't fair", your response would be "well what do you expect, for everyone else on the street to also get punched?"

Adjavix

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Dealer just texted me to say my 2018 is in transit and should arrive by the second week of December. Finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

Uh...what? Just because we got shafted and pointed it out, doesn't mean we want other people to also get screwed over. Something can be unfair without having to make other people suffer to make it fair. By your logic if someone walking by me on the street randomly punched me for no reason at all, and I said "well that wasn't fair", your response would be "well what do you expect, for everyone else on the street to also get punched?"
We all know you got shafted. I’ve (we’ve) read ever single comment on this (and several other) threads. To point out that it’s “off putting” that we might actually get our jeeps close to on time is super passive aggressive and guilt trippy. I don’t think others should suffer. Hence the sarcastic post in response to the implication that 2019’ers should have to wait because the 2018’s had to.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
We all know you got shafted. I’ve (we’ve) read ever single comment on this (and several other) threads. To point out that it’s “off putting” that we might actually get our jeeps close to on time is super passive aggressive and guilt trippy. I don’t think others should suffer. Hence the sarcastic post in response to the implication that 2019’ers should have to wait because the 2018’s had to.
I understand, but I don't think MeepMeepJeep was suggesting anyone else should have to suffer it. I think she was just venting the frustration of being an early adopter.
Sponsored