Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Automotive Sales Manager
Hey everyone!

So I bought a 2018 JLU Sahara and absolutely love it. Noticed that the power mirrors weren’t working, so I looked into the fuse box and lo and behold it was blows. I thought great! That’ll be an easy fix, so today I went and got another fuse, installed!

I went ahead and adjusted my Passenger side, everything was working perfectly. Once I finished the passenger side I went to adjust the driver side. At this point, it went dead again. Neither side working now.

Anyone had an experience like this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
LHuffman47

LHuffman47

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Automotive Sales Manager
Bump

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't heard of that before. Normally I'd say a short but with the control modules these days hard to say. Dealer can pull the code if it threw one.

OP
OP
LHuffman47

LHuffman47

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Automotive Sales Manager
Haven't heard of that before. Normally I'd say a short but with the control modules these days hard to say. Dealer can pull the code if it threw one.
Yeah, it doesn't throw any codes, just blows fuses. Seems to be a short, but without pulling everything apart I cant find it.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
So you bought a used vehicle. Private seller or dealer? If dealer, take it back. If private seller, start looking for the short.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LHuffman47

LHuffman47

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Automotive Sales Manager
So you bought a used vehicle. Private seller or dealer? If dealer, take it back. If private seller, start looking for the short.
I bought it from a dealer, I am actually a Sales Manager at Carmax. The vehicle is still under FCA warranty, so I will bring it to them first, just wasn't sure if it was a common thing with an easy fix.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Fix is easy. Finding what to fix might not be. Good luck.

Alien2007

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jku
Have you figured out the issue. I just had my hinges fixed for corrosion under the paint. Picked up jeep and same thing started. Then sway bar light came on. They scanned it and something with body control module came up.

Jpogar10

First Name
Jono
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited, 2010 JK Sahara Unlimited
Did you ever determine the root of this problem? My 2019 just started doing the same exact thing.

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
If I had to look somewhere, I would look at the door harness. Have you pulled the connector loose to remove the doors lately? A fuse will blow when there is a short on the wire pulling too much current.

Sponsored

Jpogar10

First Name
Jono
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited, 2010 JK Sahara Unlimited
If I had to look somewhere, I would look at the door harness. Have you pulled the connector loose to remove the doors lately? A fuse will blow when there is a short on the wire pulling too much current.
Yeah. I haven’t taken the doors off at all this year. It’s really weird. I ordered the control module because they are pretty cheap but who knows if that will fix it.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yeah. I haven’t taken the doors off at all this year. It’s really weird. I ordered the control module because they are pretty cheap but who knows if that will fix it.
Order a voltmeter instead. Test things, get smarter, then fix it.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Hey everyone!

So I bought a 2018 JLU Sahara and absolutely love it. Noticed that the power mirrors weren’t working, so I looked into the fuse box and lo and behold it was blows. I thought great! That’ll be an easy fix, so today I went and got another fuse, installed!

I went ahead and adjusted my Passenger side, everything was working perfectly. Once I finished the passenger side I went to adjust the driver side. At this point, it went dead again. Neither side working now.

Anyone had an experience like this?
Likely a short somewhere along the way causing the fuse to pop.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
It seems like you have it under control by bringing it back to the dealer since it1s covered. For the hell of it try disconnecting one door at a time and look for some bent pins or wire chaffing. Play around with the switch while the door is disconnected, if it still blows the fuse at least it`s not the door harness or mirrors. Maybe pop the switch for the mirrors and see or smell if anything is going on there.
I know you're looking for a simple fix but these should be quick and easy

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The first place to look is the harness connection that allows the door to be removed. Look for bent pins.
Sponsored