DustinJLU19

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Hi everyone!

Super new to the Jeep world. Purchased my first Wrangler blind during COVID, drove 3 hours to pick her up.
What the salesman didn't mention was my Wrangler not having power locks and windows or a hardtop for that matter. I was honestly just worried about having the Diesel engine in it versus anything else.

Has anyone ever installed power locks and remote start in their base sport? Was there two separate key fobs required? The windows - i'm not too worried about, may be a project for a later date. I found the power lock kit on A1Electric, power locks will be super helpful lugging my kid around and while grocery shopping.

Any recommendations between A1Electric's kit or purchasing Mopar parts individually online?
Hi
I have been wondering the same actually. I was told that the power window parts are not all available through Mopar currently. I assume due to COVID and the production of the 2021's.

Hope to see some good information via this thread! I'll let you know if I have any luck as well.

Thanks

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Wow you found a stripped Diesel!!! That’s like finding a unicorn.

Good luck with the power door locks I am sure you will be able to install this option relatively easy.

DustinJLU19

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Thanks! I saw A1 Electric’s power lock kit but not a fan of the cheap looking remote. Plus if I eventually wanted a remote start, wouldn’t that be another key fob? That’s one too many. I’ll keep you posted as well.
Thanks, please do. Either way, I am almost certain you will have to have two key fobs unfortunately based on my research. That is, unless you pay for a new fob to be made through the dealership and such, which I am guessing is pretty pricey.

Sponsored

Numfug

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willy's 3.0
Haha, my salesman was a dumba$$ and said it was a Willys. Definitely not. I got there and asked if he knew anything about selling vehicles? I just signed $40 grand away for a base JLU Sport but c’est la vie. I wasn’t worried about heated seats/steering wheel or heated mirrors because I live in Virginia Beach.
But the not having power windows/doors and power mirror, that sucked. I haven’t seen any non-rubicon JLU diesels down in my area yet so I’m pretty satisfied.
I just bought a JL Willys Ecodiesel about three weeks ago. Same thing happened to me. Drove an hour and a half to get it. Got there and it was a WIllys but it didnt have the LED light kit and all manual options. Pissed me off but for the price difference I stuck with manual. They had it listed as power everything. Probably a sales tactic im sure. I too want to install at least power locks but would like the factory setup. Seems no one has done that yet. I took my doors off and it appears the plugs are pre-wired in the body for it all. Just need door parts and whatever else to integrate to ECU i would imagine. Thats my .02. No power locks kind of sucks considering my F-150 had remote start and everything.

OP
OP

Mirlayrob

I just bought a JL Willys Ecodiesel about three weeks ago. Same thing happened to me. Drove an hour and a half to get it. Got there and it was a WIllys but it didnt have the LED light kit and all manual options. Pissed me off but for the price difference I stuck with manual. They had it listed as power everything. Probably a sales tactic im sure. I too want to install at least power locks but would like the factory setup. Seems no one has done that yet. I took my doors off and it appears the plugs are pre-wired in the body for it all. Just need door parts and whatever else to integrate to ECU i would imagine. Thats my .02. No power locks kind of sucks considering my F-150 had remote start and everything.
I’m waiting to find or read a post either through FB groups or these forums for power windows part #s and the entire process. Luckily, my husband is an automotive and diesel tech so can do the electrical work and actually understand it but wanted to be able to make his life easier and provide part #s and some soft of guide. Congrats on the Willys btw! I always thought they had the nicest wheels of all the models.

JaayyyeeeE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Retrofit! I just installed an under the seat hub and found out my 2 door is prewired for rear windows (drew power from the beefy switched 12v for the non existent rear windows) ‍:) Wouldnt be surprised if all you need is the door harness/locks, rf module, fobs.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I installed Start-X Remote Starter Kit. Very easy install into the Jeep. I have all Apple products so I had to find a friend who has a Windows computer that still has Internet explorer on it to be able to do the programming. If you’re good with computers and have Internet explorer it’s only five minutes to do the programming. Basically your cloning your key into the Start X module so that it works with your factory remote. You push the lock button three times and it starts the vehicle. Mines a gas Rubicon. But the instructions say as long as you have pushbutton start it will work.
Remote door locks, any car stereo place should be on able to install those I think

Numfug

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Retrofit! I just installed an under the seat hub and found out my 2 door is prewired for rear windows (drew power from the beefy switched 12v for the non existent rear windows) ‍:) Wouldnt be surprised if all you need is the door harness/locks, rf module, fobs.
Thats what i was hoping for. Mine appears to be wired just dont know what accessory stuff i would need besides door stuff.

Sponsored

ShadowRig

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Metallic Granite
Hi everyone!

Super new to the Jeep world. Purchased my first Wrangler blind during COVID, drove 3 hours to pick her up.
What the salesman didn't mention was my Wrangler not having power locks and windows or a hardtop for that matter. I was honestly just worried about having the Diesel engine in it versus anything else.

Has anyone ever installed power locks and remote start in their base sport? Was there two separate key fobs required? The windows - i'm not too worried about, may be a project for a later date. I found the power lock kit on A1Electric, power locks will be super helpful lugging my kid around and while grocery shopping.

Any recommendations between A1Electric's kit or purchasing Mopar parts individually online?
I dont know if you got this already done. When i did power locks, i didnt feel like chasing around for individual parts (power locks, harnesses and wiring, alarms, etc). Bought the A1 electric kit and had it installed at an audio shop. 100% satisfied, 5 months so far and no issues.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Sounds like it is a Willys Sport and they had it listed as a Willys.

Numfug

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like it is a Willys Sport and they had it listed as a Willys.
It is. My insurance paperwork shows it as an Altitude edition. No clue whats going on haha.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I too have a JL with manual locks and was looking at the A1 Electric kit. I also have a deep loathing of aftermarket keyless entry fobs; but I don't have deep enough pockets to attempt some kind of Mopar-parts keyless entry addition, if it's even possible/allowed to get a legit Mopar keyless entry fob to work.

If it's of any interest to you... I have a project that I just ordered parts for... My goal is to put an RFID Reader behind the driver's side fender vent and toggle the locks using the keyless entry controller when you scan an RFID tag. RFID tags can be anything from a wristband to a ring to a keychain to a card in your wallet or a sticker on your phone. This will be my take on a "proximity entry". RFID tags are a heck of a lot less bulky/fiddly than a keyless fob.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Nice! Blog it or take pictures/video so we can follow to see how it turns out.
Sure, I'll do a little write-up when I get it all working. I'll be using a generic Arduino microcontroller and a couple of accessory boards to do it. It'll be a solderless project (I suck at soldering) so anyone could do it. I got two of everything on Amazon to do mine and my wife's Jeep and my order total was less than $60.
Sponsored