Power hoist for 2019 2 dr JL

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Hello all, so I am trying to decide on a hoist for my 2019 JL 2dr hardtop and the more I try and separate the truth from the uninformed, the more befuddled I am...So let the arm wrestle begin, what's my best 2 or 3 choices for a hoist please....It needs to hold/store the top, not just remove to a stand...Thanks Lyle
Advertisement

Andrew2311

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all, so I am trying to decide on a hoist for my 2019 JL 2dr hardtop and the more I try and separate the truth from the uninformed, the more befuddled I am...So let the arm wrestle begin, what's my best 2 or 3 choices for a hoist please....It needs to hold/store the top, not just remove to a stand...Thanks Lyle
I personally use Freedom Jack
https://www.freedom-jack.com/

You have to buy the engine hoist separately, but they are cheap at Harbor Freight. I think I paid ~$150 for mine..

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase

Do you have a tall garage/carport/shop ceiling? I've settled on an electric hoist and some straps. Haven't gotten the Jeep to try it out yet, but I'm convinced it's gonna be cake; throw straps on top, hook up hoist, push button. All in ~$150

https://harborfreight.com/880-lb-electric-hoist-with-remote-control-62854.html

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 2.08.20 PM.png

Last edited:

Andrew2311

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I do have a tall ceiling, but the jack will work in any regular garage..
It sounds like you have a plan that should work just fine.. the top is pretty light its just awkward.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I do have a tall ceiling, but the jack will work in any regular garage..
It sounds like you have a plan that should work just fine.. the top is pretty light its just awkward.
I was replying to OP, I'll edit my post to quote his and reflect that a bit better.

It sounds like you've got things under control already; I wasn't suggesting you change anything on your setup. Sorry for any confusion.

Andrew2311

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I was replying to OP, I'll edit my post to quote his and reflect that a bit better.

It sounds like you've got things under control already; I wasn't suggesting you change anything on your setup. Sorry for any confusion.
Ooopss.... LMAO!! my bad...

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
9' ceiling, so need to be height conscience, that might work, was hoping for more the open box, install situation.
I think I’ve seen some guys build a “rack” that works to keep everything as low profile as possible. Instead of dangling on straps, it sucks the top up to the ceiling. I think you could pull in under it. There may be better options though, see what others have to offer.

There’s always 4 eye bolts in the ceiling with 4 ratchet straps. Simple, cheap, and easy

CO JL Rubi

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2D Rubicon, 2018 JKU Rubicon
I 've had a jeep now for 25 years and tried all the fancy hoists. 4 eye bolts and straps still lets me take my top off by myself and costs $25. My opinion, don't spend money where you don't need to, there is always something else on a Jeep you will need!

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I 've had a jeep now for 25 years and tried all the fancy hoists. 4 eye bolts and straps still lets me take my top off by myself and costs $25. My opinion, don't spend money where you don't need to, there is always something else on a Jeep you will need!
Lol, practical and price effective may win, thanks

Advertisement

Clayton Offroad

Advertisement