Powder Coat Match for 4XE Electric Blue

Jfk3674

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE Rubicon
Not sure if this is a thing, but do they have any RGB or HEX codes for the colors? I use them all the time and it makes coloring things so much easier. At least in my renderings it does.
Sponsored

OP
OP
baskiboat

baskiboat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE, Sting Gray
Not sure if this is a thing, but do they have any RGB or HEX codes for the colors? I use them all the time and it makes coloring things so much easier. At least in my renderings it does.
Short answer IDK. Prismatic gave me the two closest match options according to them, American Adventure Labs had done the one they suggested for other customers so I went with their suggestions since they were doing the work. I suppose the best way to truly find out would be to order samples of all three options from prismatic and choose the best match. I will post pictures soon of what I have.

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
Great, with a little separation you can’t tell any difference at all.

I did 1-2 coats of primer, 2-3 coats color, and 2 coats of gloss clear.
Do you have the Mopar part numbers for the primer, paint, and clear coat?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

Sponsored

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
So is there a general consensus on the blue color for hooks? My neighbor wants to paint shackles to match the hooks.

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 4xe JLU
So is there a general consensus on the blue color for hooks? My neighbor wants to paint shackles to match the hooks.
Hooks are chief on rubi and apparently all ‘22s. Badges and stickers are surf blue(PQD). Pb5 electric blue is more like hydro. Here is everything matched to PQD basf color 759676.
Jeep Wrangler JL Powder Coat Match for 4XE Electric Blue A27516E7-3BCA-49FF-89B2-6D04C6B421A3

Sponsored

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Hooks are chief on rubi and apparently all ‘22s. Badges and stickers are surf blue(PQD). Pb5 electric blue is more like hydro. Here is everything matched to PQD basf color 759676.
Jeep Wrangler JL Powder Coat Match for 4XE Electric Blue A27516E7-3BCA-49FF-89B2-6D04C6B421A3
Hi, Loof the look!!

So from Jeep factory, the blue hooks on 4xe Rubis (and all '22s) are Chief (PQB)? Did FCA confirm this?

Question about the specific blue paint codes you used on your Jeep. You say everything is matched to PQD (Surf). Does that include the tow hooks, or just all the non standard blue accents?

My wife has a 2021 Granite Crystal Metalic 4xe Sahara. Being a 2021 and non Rubi it came with all black hooks. She wants the blue tow hooks, which I have, ordered from FCA. And then she wants the grill inserts to be the same color blue, like what you have. I have the unpainted grill insert, now I just need to figure out what paint code to have it painted. I want to match the hooks as close as possible.

How did you do your blue accents in the grill. Did you just get the blue plastic inserts held on with adhesive, or did you get the unpainted insert from Jeep and then have it painted? If you had it painted then based on your post it was painted Surf(PQD)?

Thanks!

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 4xe JLU
...blue hooks...are Chief (PQB)? Did FCA confirm this?
--Dont know because it didnt matter to me. There is no metal flake, in the original hook color, just like Chief

She wants the blue tow hooks, which I have, ordered from FCA.
--They will come in no metal flake light blue, just like Chief

How did you do your blue accents in the grill.
--Grill comes apart like a lego set, remove original trim, paint, replace...Well worth doing it this way vs the adhesive

For better finish, outsource...William Rau did a lot of the parts, including steering wheel, dash, foglight bezels and running boards

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
...blue hooks...are Chief (PQB)? Did FCA confirm this?
--Dont know because it didnt matter to me. There is no metal flake, in the original hook color, just like Chief

She wants the blue tow hooks, which I have, ordered from FCA.
--They will come in no metal flake light blue, just like Chief

How did you do your blue accents in the grill.
--Grill comes apart like a lego set, remove original trim, paint, replace...Well worth doing it this way vs the adhesive

For better finish, outsource...William Rau did a lot of the parts, including steering wheel, dash, foglight bezels and running boards
Sounds like you did the Grill the same way I am doing it. So based on your original post it looks like painted the grill pieces Surf (PQD), or was that Chief (PQB)?

What is the diffence between Surf and Chief? Is there a difference in tone, or is Surf the same tone as Chief, just with metal flakes?

Thank you!!!

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 4xe JLU
Here is surf and whatever the hooks are next to one another…
Jeep Wrangler JL Powder Coat Match for 4XE Electric Blue 5841089F-A752-4192-9883-F8F1320883A8

But here is MerPinXEss nekkid and you would never know there are 6 different blues in this pic….
Jeep Wrangler JL Powder Coat Match for 4XE Electric Blue 81FE1344-B597-4721-83B8-678415835957

Unless I told u…
Fender, hood catch, steering wheel racing stripe -surf gloss clear
Running boards -surf matte
Hood logo, mermaid -oracle vinyl
Headlight/radio knob -Amazon aluminum ‘blue’
Turtle foot pegs -blue on etsy
Hair ties -blue at Walmart

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Sounds like you did the Grill the same way I am doing it. So based on your original post it looks like painted the grill pieces Surf (PQD), or was that Chief (PQB)?

What is the diffence between Surf and Chief? Is there a difference in tone, or is Surf the same tone as Chief, just with metal flakes?

Thank you!!!
Surf Blue is darker and flaked when compared to the "Lagoon Blue" hooks. I never found a Chrysler Lagoon Blue in my searches.
Sponsored