Potential Transmission Issues?

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Hey all, lately i’ve been noticing that during a start stop event with the jeep starting back up I feel the trans shift into gear with a rough jerk that unsettles the entire drivetrain. I ask that it might be a potential trans or pcm issue because earlier i was reversing in parking spot and applied some throttle and it just sorta stalled. On the dash it said “Put in park and select desired gear” followed by a nice clunk noise upon restart and shift.

18’ 2.0 Sport
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hey all, lately i’ve been noticing that during a start stop event with the jeep starting back up I feel the trans shift into gear with a rough jerk that unsettles the entire drivetrain. I ask that it might be a potential trans or pcm issue because earlier i was reversing in parking spot and applied some throttle and it just sorta stalled. On the dash it said “Put in park and select desired gear” followed by a nice clunk noise upon restart and shift.

18’ 2.0 Sport
Happened to me once at a red light, Start/stop kicked in, as light turned green I hit the accelerator, vehicle jerked forward violently and I heard a loud clunk, that felt expensive.

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
I see its an '18 so I hate to ask, did you check your fuses?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @CptFloridaMan and @Arterius2,

We're sorry to hear that this happened! If either of you visit your dealer to have this checked out, please send our team a message so that we can provide additional support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
CptFloridaMan

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I see its an '18 so I hate to ask, did you check your fuses?
I just checked them and i stopped counting after 15 fuses and all relays were able to be physically clicked in.

That being said, it’s still doing the lurch once it turns on again.

Is there an easy way to reset the trans computer?

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
I just checked them and i stopped counting after 15 fuses and all relays were able to be physically clicked in.

That being said, it’s still doing the lurch once it turns on again.

Is there an easy way to reset the trans computer?
Two thoughts:
1. It will come out of it now that everything is seated and it learns how you drive.
B. Disconnect the battery
Sponsored