Potential 2020 JL Colors?

Jay07pr

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon
With the recent introduction of the Gladiator colors for 2020 would it be safe to assume that Gobi, Gator, and any other new colors introduced will be making an appearance for the 2020 JL's?

100% willing to hold out to 2020 if the possibility for a Gobi JLU Rubi becomes available. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

koallinbear

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Ordered, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk
I really think Jeep is severely holding back the potential of the wrangler's looks with their color options. Hellayella, Mojito!, and Punk'n are all steps in the right direction in my opinion. Besides the black and white and one or 2 grays (being sting and a metallic variant), there should be crazy bright colors on the wrangler. The beauty of the wrangler is that it can be customized to the driver's liking. The current lineup is lacking to say the least.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I really think Jeep is severely holding back the potential of the wrangler's looks with their color options. Hellayella, Mojito!, and Punk'n are all steps in the right direction in my opinion. Besides the black and white and one or 2 grays (being sting and a metallic variant), there should be crazy bright colors on the wrangler. The beauty of the wrangler is that it can be customized to the driver's liking. The current lineup is lacking to say the least.
Jeep should ALWAYS have an olive green as a nod to their beginnings and crazy colors to round out the black, white, grey, and red that they have every year.

OP
OP
Jay07pr

Jay07pr

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon
I can understand the business perspective for ROI however the demand is there! They need to 100% keep the OG colors as well as be bold and introduce more edgy colors.

Gobi/Gator should be up on deck for sure in 2020.

baysta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Any chance we'll get the colors sooner than 2020? I'm tired of waiting! And it looked like the colors I wanted, Gobi and Gator, were late availability... Does that mean we won't actually be able to order those colors until the actual 2020 year?

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Mark Allen said they will have some common colors with the Gladiator but they will keep some different. So don't assume those colors will make their way to the JL in the future.

I hope they do. I always liked Gobi. Gator is only a render so far so I will reserve judgement.

JeepSerenity

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Sadly from a production stand point it makes sense to have less colors it keeps the assembly line moving faster. The "crazier" colors are great but actually sell a much smaller volume which is why Jeep keeps those colors rotating which is keeps them "fresh". Such as gecko green was discontinued later tweaked a bit and became mojito then it gets cancelled again. The bikini color is great but will only be around for 3 years at most. With all that said I will absolutely never understand why some colors and engine options will be available for Cherokees when everyone wants those options for the Wrangler.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The JL and Gladiator will be built in separate factories so they may or may not have the same colors. Just like the Wrangler and Cherokee have some of the same colors. Being in different factories there is no constraint.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Sadly from a production stand point it makes sense to have less colors it keeps the assembly line moving faster. The "crazier" colors are great but actually sell a much smaller volume which is why Jeep keeps those colors rotating which is keeps them "fresh". Such as gecko green was discontinued later tweaked a bit and became mojito then it gets cancelled again. The bikini color is great but will only be around for 3 years at most. With all that said I will absolutely never understand why some colors and engine options will be available for Cherokees when everyone wants those options for the Wrangler.
Before they re-tooled the factory they could only spray 9 colors. I don't know if they have the same restriction now. I guess I could ask, but regardless it looks like they are going to keep rotating colors.

Sponsored

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
I still do not understand why they only offered Commando Green for 2013. If they ever offer Commando Green on the JL, I would trade in my current JL for it in a heartbeat.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I still do not understand why they only offered Commando Green for 2013. If they ever offer Commando Green on the JL, I would trade in my current JL for it in a heartbeat.
Ditto for Tank Green which I believe was only on the 2015s.

OP
OP
Jay07pr

Jay07pr

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon
Enormous support for Gobi and Gator/Old School green...

Hopefully the Jeep overlords hear the plea of the people and introduce these colors to the 2020 JL line...

OP
OP
Jay07pr

Jay07pr

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon
Mark Allen said they will have some common colors with the Gladiator but they will keep some different. So don't assume those colors will make their way to the JL in the future.

I hope they do. I always liked Gobi. Gator is only a render so far so I will reserve judgement.

A Gobi JL would just be filthy in the sexiest of ways... Hands down would purchase immediately.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Then why did you order one?
Sponsored