Sponsored

Posted items for sale on Craigslist. Scammer contacted me within 6 minutes of posting. Lol!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So I posted some dining room furniture on Craigslist (reluctantly). I’ve only used it a few times and haven’t in several years because of idiots and scammers. Less than 6 minutes after I clicked “post” I got an email with an LA number wanting to buy it using a cashiers check. Even offered me an extra $20. Really? How do people still fall for this in 2020? :LOL:

If anyone LOCAL in the Houston area wants a counter height solid wood dining table, chairs, and server (or know anyone who might want it) hit me up. Unless you’re out of town and want to pay with a cashiers check. :CWL:

B245B8D9-3588-4C0C-B676-9021C2112EB6.jpeg
Sponsored

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
As much as I loathe everything that facebook stands for, I have great success on the marketplace. I only have an account to sell stuff and subscribe to a few Jeep pages. I gave up on craigslist long ago.... to many asshats and scammers

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
As much as I loathe everything that facebook stands for, I have great success on the marketplace. I only have an account to sell stuff and subscribe to a few Jeep pages. I gave up on craigslist long ago.... to many asshats and scammers
I don’t have Facebook. Never have, never will. It’s creepy how invasive they are.

My wife has Facebook, I don’t. She complained to me that we need something to store 5 gallon drinking water bottles in. I google searched on MY phone (no Facebook account, never logged into Facebook on this phone) for something and found a rack I liked. The next day or two, she has ads on Facebook on HER phone for the exact item I had searched for. How does that even work? She thinks the phone listens to our conversations and somehow does it. I laughed at first, but that’s happened a couple of times now.

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I don’t have Facebook. Never have, never will. It’s creepy how invasive they are.

My wife has Facebook, I don’t. She complained to me that we need something to store 5 gallon drinking water bottles in. I google searched on MY phone (no Facebook account, never logged into Facebook on this phone) for something and found a rack I liked. The next day or two, she has ads on Facebook on HER phone for the exact item I had searched for. How does that even work? She thinks the phone listens to our conversations and somehow does it. I laughed at first, but that’s happened a couple of times now.
That has happened to me before as well. I don't know how it works, but it happens. As far as facebook, I think of it as an auditorium full of barking dogs; lots of noise, not much useful information...

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase

Same here... got rid of Facebook years ago... too many snoops.... but whatever I search for on the internet, my wife gets ads for on her phone... shows how we are tracked and how they connect the dots....

No more privacy anymore...
Sponsored