Sponsored

Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
So my dealership reached out to me and confirmed that my Jeep made it on the rail car last night. Which will take it to NY and the. To Springfield Mass. Then a car carrier to my dealers location in Lowell Ma. He said he still doesn’t have an eta, but told me that it could be 3 or more weeks. Which I find ridiculous…. I asked him if they were pushing it out here? He has not responded back. It’s unfortunate we can’t pick them up closer considering the plant is only a 11 hr drive from me. We all know it’s not gonna be 3 weeks to get to me, but my dealership clearly isn’t being that helpful.
Can you pull up your window sticker now?
Sponsored

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well damn. Just spoke to JC and I regressed back to D. The rep said I have been going back and forth for a couple days and said that it's from a general shortage of parts and chips. I asked if the missing parts were XR specific or general Wrangler parts and she said Wrangler but didn't have any more info than that.

I ordered 8/4.

PBosch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
Talked to my dealer again, I told him it had already gone to the body vendor for add ons and he apologized and didn't realize that. That being said, its getting shipped by rail car TONIGHT at 2am!!!!!! He said once its on the rail car, he should be able to give me a pretty accurate delivery date tomorrow! So excited!!! ITS FINALLY COMING!!!
I order two days after you on 7-2-21. Our builds are identical other than color (Green/Blue) and mine has the hard top head liner and HD full time 4wd. All I'm hearing is D status and crickets. Makes me wonder where I would be if I'd not had those minor differences.

Sponsored

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
Ordered 8/11 and update from JC today

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. At this time we can suggest checking back in a week or so for an update on your order. Congratulations again on the purchase! We appreciate having you in the family!
I just checked as well today for a 07/08 order and JC's response to me was similar.

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
Well last week I checked was completed and moved to storage now i wait for ship. Lucky i know and it should be soon. Just tough knowing it is done just sitting there.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here 2B3740EE-279F-46D8-BB33-132FED2318AF
Weird how every JC rep is different; I was just asked for addr/email/phone to look up.... now that I think of it my name and I put the VIN in the info field for the VON...

Justchilln03

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Well damn. Just spoke to JC and I regressed back to D. The rep said I have been going back and forth for a couple days and said that it's from a general shortage of parts and chips. I asked if the missing parts were XR specific or general Wrangler parts and she said Wrangler but didn't have any more info than that.

I ordered 8/4.
I regressed back to D on Monday too and I ordered on 8/3. I don't want to check again so soon but it's kinda annoying how they can have all you're parts one day and then waiting for days or week weeks to have all the parts again.

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
2 weeks in D1. "Parts gathered and should start any day". BS! Ordered 7/12.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
2 weeks in D1. "Parts gathered and should start any day". BS! Ordered 7/12.
Yeah GW I'm on the same order date as you and I still got SQUAT! Dealer says another 3 weeks and we should see something moving along. I think he is tired of me bugging him weekly

Sponsored

Foxtrot1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Did you hear it from JC directly or just my post from yesterday? I talked to another agent, Latisha, this morning and she said that the Toledo Plant is open. So there is certainly some confusion and miscommunication on their end as usual.... today marks day 9 for me with no movement from body vendor... Sadness ensues...
Just a warning. The 11 out of 11 times Matthew was my JC he gave me incorrect information, so your just another victim of his poor work. Now, anytime I get him on JC I immediately end it.

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
Just a warning. The 11 out of 11 times Matthew was my JC he gave me incorrect information, so your just another victim of his poor work. Now, anytime I get him on JC I immediately end it.
Oh nice! Thank you for the heads up! I sure do love misinformation for the low cost of $60k!

DaveW37

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford STX, 2019 Range Rover Sport
Hi all,
New to the forum and thanks to all the fantastic insight, I convinced the wife to order a Granite Crystal Rubicon XR on 8/25. Really wanted the Billet Silver but was told it wasn’t available. Current lease isn’t up until end of Feb 2022, but this thread has me thinking it was a good call to order 6 months out lol.
Told her last week the XR could go over up to 36” of water and she scoffed that we’d never need it. Well, basement’s flooded and streets are flooded thanks to Ida so never say never. Be well and be safe out there

Ganesha20p

First Name
Rocio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White JLUR Xtreme Recon
Maybe just the way she worded it, but this at least feels like progress after being told it may have been selected for additional inspections for the last week.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here 2B3740EE-279F-46D8-BB33-132FED2318AF
It is progress 🙌🏻 I got the exact same wording yesterday from JC and this morning my window sticker showed up. My dealer is not cooperating with any new info though 🙄
Sponsored