imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
Was enjoying one of Ohio’s final top-off driving days. Walking out of Starbucks, a middle aged police offer was getting into his car and said "Nice Jeep, son". (I'm 37, but whatever...) Later that afternoon I'm sitting at a traffic light and there's a car-full of college-aged girls sitting in the lane next to me. The one in the passenger seat looks over and says "Your Jeep is awesome"

Name me another vehicle that simultaneously earns appreciation of these 2 very different demographics?!?
Miata's? ;)
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Yellow Corvette / Pantera-

But they're just not a JEEP !

JIMBO

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
The Wrangler reminds me to be humble. It does so by presenting to me a plethora of differently configured and personalized rigs, that although may be different from mine, deserve no less a wave as I pass them.

The Wrangler reminds me to live and let live; that my conception of what and where I take my rig from factory to something I call my own is no better than anyone else's--including the owner who left theirs stock.

The Wrangler reminds me that I am enormously fortunate to live in a country where I can choose to accessorize my rig as I see fit.

The Wrangler reminds me that if General Eisenhower felt it one of the 6 most important vehicles to help win WW II, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willys_MB that without it, my existence might be a whole lot different in bad ways, or not at all had my dad not come home in one piece.

unit_ops

First Name
Hien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Currently in the market for my first Jeep Wrangler. I have been advised to stay away from purchasing a Jeep and was told that I will regret it. It doesn’t help that I read a lot of bad things about FCA online from automotive journals and the problems of the JL in this forum. My question is, does anyone regret buying there Jeep Wrangler JL?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Currently in the market for my first Jeep Wrangler. I have been advised to stay away from purchasing a Jeep and was told that I will regret it. It doesn’t help that I read a lot of bad things about FCA online from automotive journals and the problems of the JL in this forum. My question is, does anyone regret buying there Jeep Wrangler JL?

Go for it. I bought mine, a few weeks ago, and love it. No problems, except trying to figure out all the electronics.

Sponsored

mrmarco21

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON JL 4 DOOR
Occupation
QA Aircraft Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
While waiting impatiently for my JL Sahara to be built, I've been reading through many threads. Lots of gloom and doom out there about all of the issues and quality with the new platform. Steering issues, cruise control problems, over-inflated tires, bad welds, streaked soft top windows and the list goes on. I read one today where the guy's Jeep basically spontaneously blew up.
Looking for any good news stories. Hard not to get caught up in the negativity and rightly so. Some of the issues are serious. Anyone thoroughly enjoying their new JL and not having any issues with it?

Thanks.
I have over 2k now and don't have any issues. My vin wasn't on the recall list and my weld look great. I love the new 8 speed transmission. A lot more power the both of my JK's. I am really enjoy the hell out of this Jeep even thou it a 4 door. My first 4 door.

mrmarco21

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON JL 4 DOOR
Occupation
QA Aircraft Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
No not at all. I have over 2k now and don't have any issues. My vin wasn't on the recall list and my weld look great. I love the new 8 speed transmission. A lot more power the both of my JK's. I am really enjoy the hell out of this Jeep even thou it a 4 door. My first 4 door. I love them.

Todkavonic

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW, Lincoln, Land Rover
Life is full of regrets. I regret not going to Barcelona years ago because I had to write a paper. I regret not speaking with Stephen Hawking that one day at the pub in Oxford. I regret missing my grandfather’s funeral because I was in surgical residency and thought I couldn’t take time off. I regret several events in my life where I was an insufferable douche to the people closest to me. These are regrets. I can never get any of them back. They’re done and over and that’s it. I don’t regret buying a JL and if I ever do, hey, it’s just a vehicle. It’s not forever. That’s my first point. My second is that if you live your life worried about whether or not you’ll regret a given action, you’re in for a super boring ride my friend.

Get the Jeep. Don’t look back.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hien: I'm going to choose to interpret your last sentence as "I'd like to hear from those who regretted their JL purchase and why."

And here's why I choose to make this interpretation.

As I'm sure you realize, when enough people buy a vehicle some will have regret. So in essence the question is rhetorical. Some will buy lemons, others will find it's not the right vehicle for them, some will find both reasons effecting them (along with possibly other reasons), and so on.

Again at the risk of the obvious, the Wrangler isn't for everyone. There are vehicles with better gas mileage, ones that ride smoother (although the JL rides much better I think than the JK), store more, sit more passengers, and allow grandma to easily get in, etc. Some come with more features for less money.

But that said, I'd be hard pressed to find one (at least for me) that's more fun or better able to customize. My only problem so far worthy of assigning to FCA was the cruise control recall. (Well a branch fell on my soft top--but that's nobody's fault.)

I tell people on the fence about purchase to write down a couple of sentences regarding why the they think the Wrangler is for them. If they can't, or if those sentences run in the face of the Wrangler ownership experience, with no disrespect to you or the Wrangler (it's not for everyone) maybe another vehicle is best for you.

Or maybe life is short and we should have more fun, especially getting from point A to B in our vehicles.

Good luck.

Sponsored

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Sahara. Ordered 9/25 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator
Vehicle Showcase
Was enjoying one of Ohio’s final top-off driving days. Walking out of Starbucks, a middle aged police offer was getting into his car and said "Nice Jeep, son". (I'm 37, but whatever...) Later that afternoon I'm sitting at a traffic light and there's a car-full of college-aged girls sitting in the lane next to me. The one in the passenger seat looks over and says "Your Jeep is awesome"

Name me another vehicle that simultaneously earns appreciation of these 2 very different demographics?!?
Main Battle Tanks, every time:rock:

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Looking for any good news stories. Hard not to get caught up in the negativity and rightly so. Some of the issues are serious. Anyone thoroughly enjoying their new JL and not having any issues with it?
You're right. New jeep owners should be ecstatic about their Jeep still being under warranty ;)

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Yeah, I don't haveit in my JL, but I do in my RAM and what a great feeling to get in at 10 deg F and have the seat/wheel nice and toasty !

COOL

JIMBO

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
My honest experience:

My JL is awesome. The welds all look great, nothing bad. I am on the Recall but I seriously don't see anything wrong with my welds. They are better than a lot not on the recall. I love the interior. I have not had a single issue with anything on the interior at all. All in all, my JL has been flawless but I do only have 2k miles. I highly recommend getting the 8-speed, Limited Slip and everything else is just optional. I have no issues with steering wondering all over the road. I can hold a straight path with one hand. Its really is a great vehicle.
Sponsored