Post your positive uplifting new ownership experiences

m27bpope

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20108 JL Sting Gray
While waiting impatiently for my JL Sahara to be built, I've been reading through many threads. Lots of gloom and doom out there about all of the issues and quality with the new platform. Steering issues, cruise control problems, over-inflated tires, bad welds, streaked soft top windows and the list goes on. I read one today where the guy's Jeep basically spontaneously blew up.
Looking for any good news stories. Hard not to get caught up in the negativity and rightly so. Some of the issues are serious. Anyone thoroughly enjoying their new JL and not having any issues with it?

Thanks.
No issues and love all the upgrades from my 2008 jeep jk Sahara to my new 2018 Sahara.
Sponsored

gschones

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
3200 Miles and love it more every day3. I went from the JK to the JLU and could not go back.

KillaRubi

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
IT
LED lights are money and look amazing. Suspension and brakes and tires on the rubi are tiptop. uconnect is sooo much better than my 2015 JK.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
The issues subforum has been looking ugly lately; dozens of owners adamantly claiming unsafe, defective JL steering, among other things.

More positive ownership stories please! Haha

Sponsored

Circlep

First Name
DeWayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 04Chevy 2500HD/ duramax, Yamaha Royal Star Venture
The JL beats my old TJ by a long shot! Its nice to drive in this 100 degree weather and stay cool in my JL, plus its to hot to ride my bike. Getting 21 to 22 mpg driving 45 mile trip to work everyday very pleased!

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Coming from a pretty loaded 04 trailblazer, and was mostly expecting a similar experience since wranglers have typically lagged behind in performance tech wise...

8 speed auto transmission gives super improved acceleration and makes it pleasantly sporty to drive.
Stock audio is more than acceptable. Wish I had the extra cash to upgrade to premium, but I bought off the lot too, so it didn't come stock.
The Uconnect system and dash info panels are fantastic
Was expecting lots of road noise, but not much worse than the SUV
Ride is actually better than my 14 year old TB
Surprised by the cargo room once you drop the back seats
very easy to remove doors and hard top (once you get storage figured out)
Jeep wave is fun and I love getting them back, instant part of a community
I speed hours weekly just thinking of my future upgrades to my jeep
I've always wanted a blue car, and Ocean Blue is damn beautiful
Freedom panels are so fast to take off and put back on that you get a lot of flexibility
My daughter loves the jeep ("daddy's car" is chanted over and over when she sees it - she's 2)
My wife thinks it's sexy

I could go on and on. This thing is perfect for me.

BeerGuyNS

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Retail Manager
Vehicle Showcase
First Wrangler (had a couple of 1998 Cherokees back to back a few years ago). Over 3000 KMS (sorry 1800 miles, eh?) and no issues. Daily driver, a few trail runs, a beach run and a few thousand Jeep waves. I love it. I smile when I drive it. I find myself looking back at it when I get out of it. When I go to the kitchen, I nod hello to it in the driveway. I volunteer to run errands. I'm constantly looking for stuff to drive over. I'm looking forward to our first snowstorm...

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
While waiting impatiently for my JL Sahara to be built, I've been reading through many threads. Lots of gloom and doom out there about all of the issues and quality with the new platform. Steering issues, cruise control problems, over-inflated tires, bad welds, streaked soft top windows and the list goes on. I read one today where the guy's Jeep basically spontaneously blew up.
Looking for any good news stories. Hard not to get caught up in the negativity and rightly so. Some of the issues are serious. Anyone thoroughly enjoying their new JL and not having any issues with it?

Thanks.
This is the best vehicle purchase I've ever made. I traded in a 2016 bmw 535xi and wish I did it a few months sooner. I love auto projects and also how the jeep have their own accessories line. Its basically a blank canvas and you can personalize it to your own liking!

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
So I'm just over a week and 300 miles on my JLUS. I put Rubi wheels tires on the day after I got it.

Driving on the highway this weekend, I was able to take my hands off the wheel (but close by) and the Jeep held straight, it required some correction my first week or so, but that's seems to be smoothed out.

Drove last night and sat night in 40-50 winds from a dust storm. No whistling observed.

All my electronics work great.

I know people some people have issues, and that sucks. I'm glad I dont.

Sponsored

mjsull

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Auto, Granite Crystal, Tan leather, Black Hard Top w/ Headliner, Steel Bumpers, LEDs, Cold Weather, Infotainment, Safety and Tow Group, Remote Start, Proximity Entry, Mopar Mats
My Rubi has 2954 miles with no problems. I've had it 2 months. My Wrangler is my most exciting car I've had since my first car when I was 16 back in 1970. Interestingly enough it was a Fiat 850 Spider.

Firstwave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara 2018 Mazda CX9
I have only owned 2 cars in my life that made me smile every time I looked at em. The first was a 2008 Toyota FJ and now the JLUS. The only problem I've had were the tires were over inflated and when I aired down to 38psi it drove great. Took the long way back from Las Vegas to Santa Fe and put 850 miles on it the first 3 days. Only about 25 miles were on the interstate. I drove through wind and heavy rain over the mountain passes in Arizona and the trip was a blast. It's just fun to drive. Can't wait to do more exploring throughout the SW.

20180719_123823.jpg

sten

First Name
sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2018 JL
3300 miles, love it! Can't believe the Wrangler love here in Austin, 90% waves as we pass each other! Minor observations; I hand-washed my car and managed to cut myself (minor) in several places, these bumpers have sharp corners! Also, still find myself using google maps on my phone more than I had hoped. Why? Outdated UI (when it comes to entering and searching for an address/place/location) and the Uconnect to restrictive when it comes to music I can play.

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
We've had a CJ7 and a couple of older Wranglers, two first generation Cherokees, two Libertys, and now the JL. We've smiled more in the last 4 months than the previous 4 years. Our Jeep is so much fun. We're loving it !!
:jk:
Sponsored