Post your positive uplifting new ownership experiences

JeepLife

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 UL Sahara
While waiting impatiently for my JL Sahara to be built, I've been reading through many threads. Lots of gloom and doom out there about all of the issues and quality with the new platform. Steering issues, cruise control problems, over-inflated tires, bad welds, streaked soft top windows and the list goes on. I read one today where the guy's Jeep basically spontaneously blew up.
Looking for any good news stories. Hard not to get caught up in the negativity and rightly so. Some of the issues are serious. Anyone thoroughly enjoying their new JL and not having any issues with it?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I have over 5000 miles on mine and not a glitch. But I don’t talk about it because it sounds like you are rubbing it on the other guys. I’m sure most wranglers are like mine. Most people enjoying their wrangler are not even in the forum. Some people only join because they have issues to share. I did get overinflated tires, felt weird for a few miles. Corrected that and I’m a happy customer.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Same here, just under 5k miles and zero issues. Although my backup camera went out for a day, but that issue sorted itself out. So I won't count that as an actual issue. I love it, everything about it.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Same as the two above. 4,400 miles.

I am taking it in a couple weeks for a safety recall and I'm going to ask them about a clicking I get when doing slow turns.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I like the idea of a thread where everyone posts their no-problem miles. It's reassuring. I've seen some here with 10k+ no problems. Also reassuring.

Sponsored

sisoul

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just drove my JLUR coast to coast and now have 8800 miles on it, in less than 3 months and everything is fine. Did lots of offroading too, have not been gentle with it and I love every minute of driving this thing. I daily drive it too. No issues at all!

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
I’ve got over 4200 miles on mine and no problems at all. The only problem has been with my bank account and the Wife because I keep spending money on it. I got a fuel door and mopar mats. Rubicon steel front bumper with LED fogs and rock rails. I found some LED tail lights on eBay and we just took a trip from KC to Dallas to buy a soft top.

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
1150 miles, love every single inch of those miles. Yes, there are some issues, most are really quite minor. I'm ok with those issues as long as they get fixed. But my JLUR has been almost perfect (except for a crooked RUBICON sticker...that's getting fixed). :)

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
In regards to all the "horror stories", yes, there are several, but most problems have been addressed. Every newer JL I've been under has an immaculate frame. The steering lockup issue does remain to be seen.

I've pulled a thousand posts of good times and careful research here. I'm a careful guy.

I have not been scared off, and am planning on placing my 2 door Sport order this weekend. This place has been a great resource, and will probably save me serious money on purchase. It was here I learned to not take anything other than 1-5% below invoice. Dealers around me have been giving me very competitive quotes after seeing what I'm about.

I'm excited to start my own Wrangler stories in a color, non-minivan 2-door Wrangler!

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
More "doom" than gloom on these forums! However sometimes some good ideas and info!

Go Jeep!!! 3200 miles all is well!

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
just hit about 450 miles, still in week one and love it - 2 door with only PST and it’s amazing. been in safari mode since day one.

car is covered in pollen from where i live, but it looks good ;)
Sponsored