Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I canceled my order after I saw people were having a hard time getting their dogs in to the JL, and ya know, shedding and their JL developing wet-dog-smell syndrome.
I've got no problem getting my dog into my Jeep, he either jumps up or I pick him up and put him in the back seat. He's a 70Lb Golden Retriever, so unless you have an older Great Dane or other very large dog, you shoudn't have much issue getting them in a Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepLife

JeepLife

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 UL Sahara
The bigg

The happiest day of my life was when I brought the JL home and the first thing my wife said was “you know, I think it needs to be higher. And get some new wheels and tires. You know- make it look jeepy”

I cried a little.
She's a keeper...and cool wife too.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
While waiting impatiently for my JL Sahara to be built, I've been reading through many threads. Lots of gloom and doom out there about all of the issues and quality with the new platform. Steering issues, cruise control problems, over-inflated tires, bad welds, streaked soft top windows and the list goes on. I read one today where the guy's Jeep basically spontaneously blew up.
Looking for any good news stories. Hard not to get caught up in the negativity and rightly so. Some of the issues are serious. Anyone thoroughly enjoying their new JL and not having any issues with it?

Thanks.
We all knew this would happen. Contrary to what some may claim, first model year vehicles ALWAYS have more issues than the model years to follow. This is particularly true for FCA, who over the last 5 years hasn't had one single vehicle launch that didn't turn into a train wreck.

However, they are actively working on fixing the issues, and we do have warranties, so what we've got to do is just soak it up and enjoy our rides.

As far as an uplifting story.. seems like everywhere I go JKU owners stare at my Jeep up and down like it's a hot blonde. :)

Glacierhkr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sahara JLU; 2010 Sierra Z71
Over 1200 miles, absolutely love it. As a new Jeep owner took a little time to get used to tighter steering, let some air out of tires and got much better over time.

No problem for 50 lb Black Lab (except she doesn't want to get out either)!

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
1800 miles with all Smiles ZERO issues.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
3600 miles on my Sport S. First wrangler. Added Rubi Wheels, Tires, and Suspension (mainly because I am cheap and not trying to turn it in to a rubi). Enjoyed an entire week straight with all sunshine and no doors! Couldn't be happier that I got it.

Only had one issue with the auto stop/start throwing an error. Dropped it off at the dealer and got a 2017 Rubicon to drive around for two days. That got fixed and no issues since.

Mitchs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
This is my first Wrangler and I could not be happier with the way it rides. I have about 1200 miles in first 3 weeks! My only wish is that more parts were out for it. If anyone found a good cover (that is in stock) to throw over a night when top is off let me know. I am sure you will love this vehicle when it arrives.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

phxrubijl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
900 miles on my JLU and only problem is flaky compass. My tires were also over inflated and took care of that problem. Love every mile I drive it

EsTxDr

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
800 miles (in 4 days). Loving it! All my jeep buddies love it. My wife and kids love it. Strangers love it. Lots of love going around. Lots of smiles every time I drive it. You will love it too.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
3200 mi ... no issues. Red Rubi Hardtop loaded. First time owner.

Impressions:

Proximity Entry ... can't live without it now ... best "surprise feature"

Drive with windows down more than I ever did before.

Listen to music on USB much more than radio ... creates a more relaxed environment for driving.

Get nice compliments from young to senior citizens.

33" tires are really big ... perfect size for moi.

Windows seem large and provide a panoramic view when backing up the jeep.

Windows seem small when wiping them down from the inside after a car wash.

Driver seat is has a lot of cushion and is great for long distance trips. Lombard ctrl works well.

Nice windshield wipers ... old school ... remind me of those on the 1978 Power Wagon.

Fits in the garage with room to spare.

LED lights are really nice at night.

sbmitch2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram, 2018 Bright White JLU
1250 miles and enjoy all. The only problem is that people in other Jeeps keep waving at me.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
I wont get too exited until someone really puts some miles on one. Who would ever be exited about driving a vehicle for 4k carefree miles?
Sponsored