First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

I noticed this last night! What happens with the expansion joints?
If you search "wobble" or "death wobble" on this forum, there are many descriptions. Basically, the front end (wheels) begin to shake uncontrollably, and it often takes a very long time to stop - some folks report having to pull over to regain full control of the wheels. Very disconcerting and possibly dangerous. This is different than the well known drifting issue, where the steering seems loose and the Jeep wanters all over the highway, I haven't had that problem.

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
If you search "wobble" or "death wobble" on this forum, there are many descriptions. Basically, the front end (wheels) begin to shake uncontrollably, and it often takes a very long time to stop - some folks report having to pull over to regain full control of the wheels. Very disconcerting and possibly dangerous. This is different than the well known drifting issue, where the steering seems loose and the Jeep wanters all over the highway, I haven't had that problem.
Gotcha, I am aware of the "death wobble", not first hand. I feel as if my JL almost slid yesterday on a joint but regained control instantaneously.

gschones

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
I am over 11000 miles on my JLU and have had no issues at all. I drive mine like I sole it too both on and off the road. This is my 4th Wrangler and I love the improvements on the JL. I will buy another one when I get tired of this one..

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
About 5,500 miles on mine and everything is perfect. The only issue I had, if you can call it that, was the radio resetting and playing my MP3 library from the beginning when I started the engine. I just had the dealer perform my second free oil change and they also updated the software and the issue is resolved.

I've read a lot of complaints but even those people don't regret buying a JL. One of the best purchases I've ever made. Jeep wave. :like: :flag::jk:

Sponsored

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
No problems with Jeeps. On our 5th.
Two Grand Cherokees, a TJ, a JKU Sahara and now a JLU Moab.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
no matter how crappy my day is, when I get in my JL I get a smile on my face. So is it uplifting? yes and therapeutic too :)
I agree 100%. And when spring comes i'll be able to open up my bucket of sun

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I have 45 miles on my Jl. I love it. Rides smooth, accelerates evenly, it’s awesome

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I'm uplifted by the fact that my Jeep doesn't have any random computer glitches - I really did take a wrong turn into Dante's inferno!

IMG_0051.jpg
How did you find a trail to Venus?!

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
The Wrangler reminds me to be humble. It does so by presenting to me a plethora of differently configured and personalized rigs, that although may be different from mine, deserve no less a wave as I pass them.

The Wrangler reminds me to live and let live; that my conception of what and where I take my rig from factory to something I call my own is no better than anyone else's--including the owner who left theirs stock.

The Wrangler reminds me that I am enormously fortunate to live in a country where I can choose to accessorize my rig as I see fit.

The Wrangler reminds me that if General Eisenhower felt it one of the 6 most important vehicles to help win WW II, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willys_MB that without it, my existence might be a whole lot different in bad ways, or not at all had my dad not come home in one piece.
Well said, sir.
Sponsored