RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I postulate to you all that if surveys were done on the type of vehicle drivers most likely to get out and help one another operate, that the Wrangler would be very high on that list.:)
Sponsored

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
Its awesome. Drove 1000 miles home the day I got it. Drives way better than JK. Got it home, lifted, and on 40's within 3 days of ownership. 8 speed auto is a dream. Interior is gorgeous. No complaints.

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
Drove 1000 miles the first week. No issues. Steering and welds are fine. Interior quality is amazing. Alpine sound system pumps. 6 speed manual is smooth. No complaints from me.

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
300 miles and just over a week of ownership. It’s the wife’s car and she loves it... That is plus #1. All i can say is this thing is bad ass. Did some light wheeling the other day and how much fun. The Jeep drives phenomally well on the street, the tech is great and we love it. No issues. Take all the bitching with a grain of salt and consider they are selling 15000 a month. The inter webs make it possible for lots of people to complain in a very short period of time. You never would have heard about any of this “back in the day.”

Sponsored

flipper

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saburu, honda, Wrangler (first one)
First time Wrangler owner. We just had a snow storm (17 inches). Plow company had to plow our parking lots so all my neighbors were out shoveling. Everything I've read on these forums about how hard it is to put in 4H is wrong. Busted out of my spot with a HUGE smile on my face. Only bad thing....I felt guilty and spent the next 3 hours helping others dig out

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
New owner? Here’s an answer from a long time owner. Owned a CJ, and an original owner of a 2008 JKUX. I love my Jeep, warts and all. You folks all bought, without question, the best iteration of Wrangler to date. As a JKU owner, I love the JL and JLU. The 3.6, the 2.0, the upgraded suspension and transmissions, no question they’re frikkin’ amazing. Enjoy!!!

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Buy the Jeep. There's always going to be more complaints than praise on a forum.
Yes, this is true. I love my Jeep, truly, except when I'm holding on for dear life after hitting an expansion joint on the highway. I missed it terribly each of the 22 days it has been in the shop for this problem (still not fixed). Yet, I still love my Jeep. I guess it really is a Jeep thing, because I keep buying them! :like:

vincentj

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Having taken ownership to my 2019 Sahara with the 3.6L engine last Friday (1.18.19), I have roughly put on just under 200 miles. Seeing the Jeep for the first time put a big smile on my face, but driving it put an even bigger one on. Having my own repair shop, I decided to bring it in and check the vehicles wheel alignment. It's not uncommon to find that some brand new vehicles with alignment readings close but not perfect to what is called for. Being curious as to what I would find, I am happy to report that the alignment readings for all four wheels were spot on!

On another note, I plan on changing the oil (and filter) just after I register 500 miles on the odometer. I am a firm believer in changing the oil early, which will then remove any metal fragments that may be floating around in there during normal break-in.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
I have had nothing but misery since buying my JLUR.....My wife has absconded with it and I never get to drive it. Sad Face....

Update: She allowed me to take it in for an oil change...it was fun while it lasted.

Doc

Sponsored

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
While waiting impatiently for my JL Sahara to be built, I've been reading through many threads. Lots of gloom and doom out there about all of the issues and quality with the new platform. Steering issues, cruise control problems, over-inflated tires, bad welds, streaked soft top windows and the list goes on. I read one today where the guy's Jeep basically spontaneously blew up.
Looking for any good news stories. Hard not to get caught up in the negativity and rightly so. Some of the issues are serious. Anyone thoroughly enjoying their new JL and not having any issues with it?

Thanks.
For what it's worth I have about 7200 miles on mine after purchasing it in October. I've had a few small issues, but honestly, I'm not the type of person who rolls back to the dealer about every little thing. My feelings are that 1) I've got better things to do, and 2) unless its a really big issue, I just don't care. Otherwise, this is my first jeep, and I can tell you that I've been very happy with it, coming out of European cars exclusively for the last 15-20 years. Additionally what I would tell you is that what your seeing on this forum is a very, very, very small population of Jeep JL Wrangler owners, so just take everything you see here with a grain of salt. I seem to notice there's a lot of very picky owners on this forum, complaining about every little thing, even taking their Jeeps back in, or trading for another. Now granted some of them have had serious issues, understood. But do the math and calculate just how many jeeps FCA cranks out here for the US, and you're bound to have a few lemons now and again.

As for my issues, the infotainment radio got really wonky on me during one of my trips, but in truth, I likey pissed it off when I kept plugging in and removing my cell, many many times in efforts to charge my phone up so I could unplug it to take photos without it fully setting up Android Auto. It was the Android Auto that caused my system to misbehave for a few hours. It fixed itself sometime later and all was good! Other than that, It's been perfect and I love the jeep!

For your concerns, just let them go and be excited about your new jeep.

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon
I have 32k on mine (did have the steering problem and a vacuum pump problem - both dealt with) and I have absolutely not a singe regret on my purchase. It's given me some of the most amazing adventures and memories.

CCuESGvhSVKqOukreRoZDQ.jpg
fullsizeoutput_b54.jpeg

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I'm still very happy with my JLR-

I've added bigger tires/smaller wheels and new sliders-added rear lights-

the SUPREME SOFT TOP is still a positive addition and I haven't WASTED MONEY on any SPARE TIRE STRENGTHING MOUNTING APP
S-

SUPERJEEP-

JIMBO

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
Yes, this is true. I love my Jeep, truly, except when I'm holding on for dear life after hitting an expansion joint on the highway. I missed it terribly each of the 22 days it has been in the shop for this problem (still not fixed). Yet, I still love my Jeep. I guess it really is a Jeep thing, because I keep buying them! :like:

I noticed this last night! What happens with the expansion joints?

Lacroix1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
no matter how crappy my day is, when I get in my JL I get a smile on my face. So is it uplifting? yes and therapeutic too :)
Sponsored