Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to see someone plastidip the upgraded Rubicon polished lip wheels. (Maybe that is going to be me.... LOL)
Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
IMO, Plastidip is ok for a weekend project Jeep that you beat the crap out of off road. If you're talking about a $40-50K daily driver do you want to cheap out? Even if you are 100% careful, there will still be some runs and uneven spots. Then after a few miles down the road, there will be chips and pitting to the surface. Then you have to reapply. If you get quality Powder coating, it will look a lot better in the long run.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Anyone considering Powder coat. Cons anyone? I have a quote for $75 per rim. I really like the rubicon base rims but in all black. Those are looking great!:like:
Yes...I'm actually going to be doing a lot of powder-coating. I'm not sure that there are a lot of "cons" to powder-coating outside of the cost and time to do it. I'll be doing both front and rear aftermarket bumpers...tire carrier...rock rails/sliders...wheels...housings for off-road lights...and some under-carriage items. I'm going with "Wizard Red" from www.prismaticpowders.com. :)

Sponsored

Bad Juju

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Would love to see someone plastidip the upgraded Rubicon polished lip wheels. (Maybe that is going to be me.... LOL)
Did you ever dip or powder coat your upgraded Rubi wheels?

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I wanted to do this also...thanks for the picture. I wanted to see how they look before I did it.
I will be doing this to the stock wheels on a Hellayella Sahara JLU when it arrives.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
I like to see this also. Anyone?

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
I wish we could see other pics with colored examples, not just blacked out wheels. Just curious... Thanks.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Anyone considering Powder coat. Cons anyone? I have a quote for $75 per rim. I really like the rubicon base rims but in all black. Those are looking great!:like:
I’vebeen Quoted 50/wheel. Should look great on the white JL