www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Have you aired down with these “bead grip” wheels?

I’m up in the air (no pun intended) between these 703s in Bronze or the KMC Impact OL in Bronze. KMC doesnt recommend airing down to even 15psi on their Impact OLs though (KM724, part no.) but with a difference of $75 wheel I’m torn.
dirt head Dave has ran the bead grips to 8-10 psi while wheeling and loved the wheels. Ive ran mine down to 18psi without issues. I dont air down that much just because my rig is a bit heavy with the RTT, camping gear and tools etc typically
Sponsored

OP
OP
Martial Fartist

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
At the time of install, I added an AEV front steering stabalizer to better handle the big tires and a Teraflex rear tire carrier. I added a yeti front trackbar roughly 8-10 months after the lift, but it was fine without it. the AEV lift comes with shocks (I assume that's what you mean by dampeners?).
Thanks. thinking of these things when I pull the trigger. Knock it out once.

looking at different lifts but keep coming back to the aev. Yours has a nice stance with that setup.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
Thanks. thinking of these things when I pull the trigger. Knock it out once.

looking at different lifts but keep coming back to the aev. Yours has a nice stance with that setup.
thanks, i certainly i have enjoyed it and the on road manners are better than stock believe it or not. I have yet to get the setup off road, as I have been busy and nothing is close by, but I can imagine it will do well

AwkwardOverland

First Name
AwkwardOverland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Anyone running a Clayton Overland 2.5 with 35s? I'm looking for the total height before the install takes place. Clearance issues might be a problem at work. I'm in a 2020 JLUR.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Was out this past weekend playing in the snow with my girl and our daughter. 2.5” jks lift with 35” pat. Mt’s. Took about 3 hours to get the mud and salt off the Jeep.

A3DF8FCF-9786-45BB-BED6-93BEEA7DCF0A.jpeg

25010A97-9EC5-46C6-B488-CA83E38C5CC6.jpeg

OP
OP
Martial Fartist

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
These pics are great. I keep coming back to the aev lift but flip flop on 35 or 37’s. Some pics look great with 35s while some with 37’s….nice. But then there are a few that go the other way.
Anyone regret going with 37’s on their 2.5 JLUR?

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

These pics are great. I keep coming back to the aev lift but flip flop on 35 or 37’s. Some pics look great with 35s while some with 37’s….nice. But then there are a few that go the other way.

I somewhat regret the 37s on my Jeep. It's on stock suspension but I have a 2.5" Overland + sitting in my garage waiting to be installed in a little under 3 weeks. The regret comes from going with a D Load Rating tire. I am down at 24psi for on road driving and the whole tire doesn't make contact. I have chicken strips (if you get that motorcycle reference) on the tires. Life is a learning process and I learned my Jeep is too light for D Load Rating tires.

Clayton says the 2.5" lift for a Rubicon is perfect for 37s so I'm taking their word for it. I went back and forth with 2.5 and 3.5 for months then just finally entered the stupid credit card information, now I'm locked in.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code

Sponsored

SShows

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Nacho
JKS mfg 2.5” lift with 35’s. I’m hoping tire prices come down soon so I can get a set of 37’s in the near future

Jeep Wrangler JL [Post Your Pics] JLUR w/ 2.5” lift and 37’s or 35’s 25010A97-9EC5-46C6-B488-CA83E38C5CC6
How do you like the JKS lift? I had an off road shop recommend this lift.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

How do you like the JKS lift? I had an off road shop recommend this lift.
It’s been great so far. I ran it with the heavy duty springs. It’s a little stiffer than stock unless I keep my roof top tent on. I’ve put about 20k miles with out any issues. I how ever don’t recommend their mono tube shocks. I blew two out in less than a year. But they lasted long enough to save money for some adjustable st3.3 falcon shocks. Love how it rides now over the mono tube jks shocks. I recommend getting the control arms as well. Much beefier than the factory Jeeps ones. All in all though off road performance is great. On road is great. And the quick disconnects work better than the teraflex imo

SShows

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Nacho
It’s been great so far. I ran it with the heavy duty springs. It’s a little stiffer than stock unless I keep my roof top tent on. I’ve put about 20k miles with out any issues. I how ever don’t recommend their mono tube shocks. I blew two out in less than a year. But they lasted long enough to save money for some adjustable st3.3 falcon shocks. Love how it rides now over the mono tube jks shocks. I recommend getting the control arms as well. Much beefier than the factory Jeeps ones. All in all though off road performance is great. On road is great. And the quick disconnects work better than the teraflex imo
Thanks for the info- they would include Fox 2.0 shocks on the lift.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I did it all over again I would have skipped the 35s and gone right to 37s.
Sponsored