Post your extended warranty price here

shufly09

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel JL (ordered)
Has anyone recently used Tom Winkels at Hayes Jeep? I shot him an email last week but haven't heard anything back.
I shot him a note as well (two weeks ago), including a follow up. No response.
Sponsored

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Great info thanks! Hope TOM replies to you guys...following along.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I went through Tom (about 3 wks ago) and got the 8yr/75k $200 deductible Added Care Plus pkg for $640. I got the LCA Mastercard deal that gives a $100 credit, so if you pay off balance over 6 billing cycles it's no interest and would come out to $540, so a no-brainer for me :)

Tom was great to work with and handled everything including the LCA Mastercard in a very timely, friendly, and professional manner, which is rare these days. I would highly recommend him for these warranty transactions.

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks! I'll reach out to him! How much did he charge you for the 7-year/unlimited warranty?
I can’t speak for pricing on the current options, because I purchased the Lifetime coverage (that is no longer available)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I went through Tom (about 3 wks ago) and got the 8yr/75k $200 deductible Added Care Plus pkg for $640. I got the LCA Mastercard deal that gives a $100 credit, so if you pay off balance over 6 billing cycles it's no interest and would come out to $540, so a no-brainer for me :)

Tom was great to work with and handled everything including the LCA Mastercard in a very timely, friendly, and professional manner, which is rare these days. I would highly recommend him for these warranty transactions.
Got my first FCA MC statement and that $100 credit was already applied, so my out-the-door price for the Added Care Plus 8yr/75k $200 deductible plan did indeed come out to $540 :)

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm not a fan of extended warranties because I rarely keep a vehicle for more than four years. If I actually planned to hang on to my Jeep well beyond the original factory warranty, I'd wait until a few months before that warranty expires to start shopping for an extended. You never know what life changes will affect you during the first three years of ownership. Hang onto your cash and wait for the bombardment of extended warranty offers that will start to come six months or so before your original factory warranty expires. Keeping the money in your pocket for three years/36k miles is always smarter than handing it over before it's actually needed.

AZRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Got my first FCA MC statement and that $100 credit was already applied, so my out-the-door price for the Added Care Plus 8yr/75k $200 deductible plan did indeed come out to $540 :)
Tom Winkles is AMAZING! Responsive and very helpful! I called FCA as well to make sure I was getting a great price and Tom killed it! Beat FCA AND my dealership. If you look at the Jeep 3/36 warranty you'd be surprised what it doesn't cover, Read everything folks.

2020 Rubicon, fully loaded, Mopar 2" lift added at dealership with 4 miles on it.

The 8/125K Max Care $200 deductible is $1955. Add $500 for the lift kit warranty.

I asked FCU about the lift warranty and found that it is well worth the cost. If you get an aftermarket lift be aware of the impact to your warranty as a whole. The rep indicated they don't warranty anything over 4" but anything under is covered, even the Fox shox in my case and since the dealer gave me a crazy deal on the lift as an incentive to purchase I am happy with it.

I plan on keeping my Jeep, warranty is fully transferable and makes the crazy value of these things that much better.

20200101_154643.jpg

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I'm not a fan of extended warranties because I rarely keep a vehicle for more than four years. If I actually planned to hang on to my Jeep well beyond the original factory warranty, I'd wait until a few months before that warranty expires to start shopping for an extended. You never know what life changes will affect you during the first three years of ownership. Hang onto your cash and wait for the bombardment of extended warranty offers that will start to come six months or so before your original factory warranty expires. Keeping the money in your pocket for three years/36k miles is always smarter than handing it over before it's actually needed.
I have to really love a vehicle to keep something beyond the initial warranty. Even then I'd probably sell and buy anther for a change. 99% of the time I am out of a vehicle before the warranty expires so it does not make any sense for me to buy a warranty up front. It's about $2K for a 8-year/125K mile $200/deductible Mopar Max Care today. Probably about $100-$200 more 2-3 years out? I can always buy later if on the very rare occasion I decide to keep it longer even if it cost a little more. Or I can decide to roll the $2000-$2200 cash for the warranty into another new car.

Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
I just purchased my 7yr/100,000 Mile/$100 deductible plan this morning from Tom Winkels. His price was $1720 while the MSRP is $3020. In addition I applied for the FCA MaxCare MasterCard and will get a $100 credit and 6 months interest free. Tom was very responsive and easy to work with.

Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008

[email protected]
TEL-269.488.2080
FAX-269.488.2086

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
I just mailed in my refund request for my 7/70k Mopar Money back guarantee warranty for my wife’s 2013 Durango. $1580 cash on its way back to me. $1680-$100 deductible.

These are the way to go. If you have a major failure it will get fixed. If you never need it you get your money back.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Aren’t refunds for these plans prorated? So if you reach the time limit or mileage limit there’s nothing left to refund. Or if you are half way to time limit or mileage limit you get back about half.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Aren’t refunds for these plans prorated? So if you reach the time limit or mileage limit there’s nothing left to refund. Or if you are half way to time limit or mileage limit you get back about half.
The warranties have a cancelation fee and is prorated. I believe the extended warranty is prorated from the date of vehicle purchase.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
The warranties have a cancelation fee and is prorated. I believe the extended warranty is prorated from the date of vehicle purchase.
They have a unique feature that if you NEVER used the warranty and the Time or Mileage limit expires you can get a FULL refund if you are still the original owner!
Sponsored