Sponsored

BigPapaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Thanks - I meant where do I send him an email? His address.

Sponsored

BigPapaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Huge thanks to Tom Winkels - he sold me the Lifetime Max for $1k less than my local dealer was quoting me, and waaay below MSRP!

Grant

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 (Ordered) JLUR, Punkin’, 3.6 Auto,
Huge thanks to Tom Winkels - he sold me the Lifetime Max for $1k less than my local dealer was quoting me, and waaay below MSRP!
A question: my dealer offered a "Lighting" option to the Max Lifetime Plan that include LED's, Lenses, and related components. As far as I can read online, the Max-Care Plan does not offer this as covered items. Can you read on your contract anything specifically related to LED coverage?

Skipswift

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
A question: my dealer offered a "Lighting" option to the Max Lifetime Plan that include LED's, Lenses, and related components. As far as I can read online, the Max-Care Plan does not offer this as covered items. Can you read on your contract anything specifically related to LED coverage?
I didn't see anything in the Maxcare contract that excludes the LED lights.

Grant

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 (Ordered) JLUR, Punkin’, 3.6 Auto,
I didn't see anything in the Maxcare contract that excludes the LED lights.
Just saw your reply — thank you. It didn’t mention LED’s, but it did say that “bulbs” and “sealed housings,” and lenses were not covered. What I did learn when I picked up my ‘19 JLUR Wednesday night is that my dealer wasn’t offering any Mopar Extrnded Warranty. What was offered was a similar warranty from a company called Warranty Solutions. I passed, and obtained the Lifetime Unlimited Max-Care from Tom Winkel. He has since — earlier this evening, sent an automated response stating sales of that Lifetime Warranty has ended. So, it would appear that the rumors were, in fact, factual.

— Grant

Sponsored

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
You should always ask your Auto Insurance company as well since the dealer is not underwriting the actual policy you can get it cheaper by cutting out the middle man. I know Geico and Mercury can get it for you for usually less than the dealer.

Nutcracker

First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon
You should always ask your Auto Insurance company as well since the dealer is not underwriting the actual policy you can get it cheaper by cutting out the middle man. I know Geico and Mercury can get it for you for usually less than the dealer.
Has anyone purchased an extended warranty from their Insurance Agent? I have a Quote from FCA and Waiting for Tom Winkles to quote. We represent Mercury Insurance and they have a very competitive price. I am just not sure about buying form an insurance company.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
I searched and don't see a thread on this. If you purchased an extended warranty from the dealership please post the deal you were able to negotiate. Please include the details on which option you purchased and price.
I was offered 7yrs/75k miles for $2,350 on a 2019 JLUR by my dealer (don't know what the deductible was). Felt over-priced (especially *if* they exclude a bunch of stuff due to mods or off-road use, which I figured they might), so I balked and skipped it. When we added the vehicle to our insurance policy with Geico, they offered us 7yrs/100Kmi for $107/yr - cancel at any time (i.e. $750 if you kept it straight through). Geico deductible is $250, which seems fair since you would only bother with it for a major failure. And Geico said mods and off-road use were permitted and did not give rise to exclusions. Seemed like a better deal if the part about exclusions was true, so figured I would sign up for it in order to get a close look at the official paperwork and make sure the exclusions for "Jeep Stuff" are not ridiculous. If they are, I am just going to cancel. Curious what others have done.

Last edited:

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was offered 7yrs/75k miles for $2,350 on a 2019 JLUR by my dealer (don't know what the deductible was). Felt over-priced (especially *if* they exclude a bunch of stuff due to mods or off-road use, which I figured they might), so I balked and skipped it. When we added the vehicle to our insurance policy with Geico, they offered us 7yrs/100Kmi for $107/yr - cancel at any time (i.e. $750 if you kept it straight through). Geico deductible is $250, which seems fair since you would only bother with it for a major failure. And Geico said mods and off-road use were permitted and did not give rise to exclusions. Seemed like a better deal if the part about exclusions was true, so figured I would sign up for it in order to get a close look at the official paperwork and make sure the exclusions for "Jeep Stuff" are not ridiculous. If they are, I am just going to cancel. Curious what others have done.
I have geico too, curious to your research. I need to make this same decision next week.

MOABADSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ MOAB
Just received my 8yr extended warranty in the mail today. Thank’s to everyone who recommended Tom Winkels. $1500 off of MSRP. I highly recommend giving him a call at Hayes Jeep.
Sponsored