Sponsored

Post Your Cool Random JL pics. Pics. Pics, pics, pics!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I don’t think it would look bad, but it’s a personal preference. If your not sure, you can leave the liners in and just change out the light. Some guys cut the inner fender straight across where the line is in pic. You can do the AAL light brace without separating your fenders.

D8C1C40A-BC97-49D6-B6D7-0257D47C656A.jpeg
I don't think I've seen anybody do that I didn't know you could do that just cut the front light out and install the new light that would be great. You have any pictures or anybody's done that? And I wonder if it would look right ? Here's a photo where I did away with the Amber lens and put the clear lens it made a big difference.but really interested in trying to do what you're talking about

Screenshot_20200515-043752_Facebook.jpg
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon

@Jammer Install video keeping the liner in.
Yes I really like thatvideo now last time I checked with rugged ridge they're still not available. I do like that look better in my opinion it gives a clean look also and makes that fender still sturdy not to mention it seems 350 bucks not having to buy a new inner fenders. Plus I like that stock look of the inner fenders. I remember way of life did his like this but he had the first prototype

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think I've seen anybody do that I didn't know you could do that just cut the front light out and install the new light that would be great. You have any pictures or anybody's done that? And I wonder if it would look right ? Here's a photo where I did away with the Amber lens and put the clear lens it made a big difference.but really interested in trying to do what you're talking about

Jeep Wrangler JL Post Your Cool Random JL pics. Pics. Pics, pics, pics! Screenshot_20200515-043752_Facebook
Here’s one.....

Jeep Wrangler JL Post Your Cool Random JL pics. Pics. Pics, pics, pics! 41A66D1A-814E-453B-96CB-868128575D26

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Here’s one.....

Jeep Wrangler JL Post Your Cool Random JL pics. Pics. Pics, pics, pics! 41A66D1A-814E-453B-96CB-868128575D26
I did not think rugged ridge was selling that like kit yet I've been checking they told me they weren't for sale yet is that where you got it from ? And if so when did you get it from them and how much ? And how long did it take you to do that I'm sure it takes a while then just popping the fender out and putting I knew aftermarket one

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I did not think rugged ridge was selling that like kit yet I've been checking they told me they weren't for sale yet is that where you got it from ? And if so when did you get it from them and how much ? And how long did it take you to do that I'm sure it takes a while then just popping the fender out and putting I knew aftermarket one
No this is the AAL light kit with liner still in. This is a forum members rig. That’s the oem Rubi fender .

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
No this is the AAL light kit with liner still in. This is a forum members rig. That’s the oem Rubi fender .
So you're saying you can put the a l l 1 in to like it and still keep the inner fender I wonder if it makes the fender look big for that little light though in person what do you think

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So you're saying you can put the a l l 1 in to like it and still keep the inner fender I wonder if it makes the fender look big for that little light though in person what do you think
This is the best pic I can find , it looks ok to me .

Jeep Wrangler JL Post Your Cool Random JL pics. Pics. Pics, pics, pics! 8B808274-3454-481B-9856-14B88F36B6B9

This is the exact fender that’s on your rig, he just changed out the light. Ultimately your decision but I think either way looks good.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
This is the best pic I can find , it looks ok to me .

Jeep Wrangler JL Post Your Cool Random JL pics. Pics. Pics, pics, pics! 8B808274-3454-481B-9856-14B88F36B6B9

This is the exact fender that’s on your rig, he just changed out the light. Ultimately your decision but I think either way looks good.
Yes that's what I thought but rugged ridge doesn't sell it yet. You're saying I can do it on the AAL also just trim the fender and put the light in only I'll look into it I can't do it myself I'm sure by the time I pay somebody to do the labor it would be cheaper just to put an aftermarket like AAL inner fenders. But thank you for sharing that with me

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes that's what I thought but rugged ridge doesn't sell it yet. You're saying I can do it on the AAL also just trim the fender and put the light in only I'll look into it I can't do it myself I'm sure by the time I pay somebody to do the labor it would be cheaper just to put an aftermarket like AAL inner fenders. But thank you for sharing that with me
Sure, No problem

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The random thing about this pic is not the Jeep, The Jeep has been like this many times. The random thing is my bud, Gary stacking rocks behind a Jeep that is just about ready to flop over on top of him.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post Your Cool Random JL pics. Pics. Pics, pics, pics! 1607339548924

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I don’t think it would look bad, but it’s a personal preference. If your not sure, you can leave the liners in and just change out the light. Some guys cut the inner fender straight across where the line is in pic. You can do the AAL light brace without separating your fenders.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post Your Cool Random JL pics. Pics. Pics, pics, pics! 1607339548924
I have split my fenders and run the High Line Fender Brace with Daytime Running LIghts. AAL also makes a bracket to attach a lights under the fender brace. I love the look and the added clearance for tires.
Jeep Wrangler JL Post Your Cool Random JL pics. Pics. Pics, pics, pics! 1607340003577

Jeep Wrangler JL Post Your Cool Random JL pics. Pics. Pics, pics, pics! 1607340033634

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have split my fenders and run the High Line Fender Brace with Daytime Running LIghts. AAL also makes a bracket to attach a lights under the fender brace. I love the look and the added clearance for tires.
Jeep Wrangler JL Post Your Cool Random JL pics. Pics. Pics, pics, pics! 1607340033634

Looks good mine's white too so it gives me an idea what it will look like. Did you do anything to the rear sometimes people have done the rear to make it look even but I don't think I will. What size lift do you have and what tires so it will give me an idea of what yours looks like

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Looks good mine's white too so it gives me an idea what it will look like. Did you do anything to the rear sometimes people have done the rear to make it look even but I don't think I will. What size lift do you have and what tires so it will give me an idea of what yours looks like
I also split the rear fenders. I run the rancho 2 in Rubicon lift. The Rancho lift is a 3 1/2 in lift on non rubicons. I run 37x12.5r17 Cooper STT PRO tires

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I also split the rear fenders. I run the rancho 2 in Rubicon lift. The Rancho lift is a 3 1/2 in lift on non rubicons. I run 37x12.5r17 Cooper STT PRO tires
That's close to what I have I run the Mopar which is a 2 but it lifts it about 3.driving do you have a photo from the side in the front and rear side view I can see I'd appreciate it because we have about the exact same setup I've got the exact same Tire too and size. Also what's it look like when you split the rear back there behind the tire and the bumper I have the factory steel bumper. And didn't you say you kept the stock inner fender in the front
Sponsored