Sponsored

Post your 2020 JL build status

ironworker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 2020 2DR JL Rubicon ordered 12/4 Del. 01/04
12/9 - Arrived at dealership!!!

Exactly one month from order to dealership.

Taking a train to a Chicago and picking it up on Thursday.

Curious how long did it take yours to get to Chicago after it was shipped?
Sponsored

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
Curious how long did it take yours to get to Chicago after it was shipped?
It was in KZ status for 8 days but my dealership (Tyson) confirmed it was KZS “in- transit” after two days in KZ.

So my estimate is that it actually took 6 days to get to Chicago from Toledo.

11/9 - Ordered
11/11 - VON
11/12 - VIN issued, D status
11/14 to 11/25 - D1
11/27 - JB
11/30 - Sticker Available
12/2 - KZ
12/4 - KZS
12/9 - Arrived at dealership
12/12 - Picked Up

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry about the delayed response.... I spent the last few months searching Chicago area for a 2DR Rubicon but after not being able to find one on any lot I came here and found Jason Beltran had actually just posted on the forum the same day I started to research about doing a factory order... I had gone to various Chicago dealers but remember reading that Jason was a guy to deal with on factory orders when he was at Tyson and then remember reading that he had left and that was no longer an option here in Chicago area.

As soon as I saw a post on here that he was now at HAWK in Forest Park I reached out to him right away. Jason made everything super easy and instantly took care of everything, it all seemed almost too easy.

So I ordered it Dec 4th, got the VIN a few days later and on the 18th Jason emailed me the POC (price order confirmation) form and it lists the estimated ship date as 12/27 which would be great but anytime I check w/ jeep chat they tell me the same thing, "it's in D1 status and no eta yet, check back next week"

I noitced your eta was 12/18 have you had any updates? Where did you order from?
Also, I wouldn’t put much stock in that initial estimated ship date.

Most orders I’ve followed on this forum ship well after that date given to dealerships. Some dealerships won’t even share it to not set false expectations. My dealer shared it but strongly warned me not to trust it.

In the end I was in still D1 status per Jeep Chat on my estimated ship date, with it then quickly progressing after that, shipping a little over a week later.

todds89

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 1989 Ford Mustang 5.0 Supercharged
Ok, some movement on mine!

12/4 - Dealer ordered
12/9 - VIN, VON received and D1 Status
12/21 - D1
12/23 - JB (I ordered dual top group, so that would be my guess?)

ironworker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, I wouldn’t put much stock in that initial estimated ship date.

Most orders I’ve followed on this forum ship well after that date given to dealerships. Some dealerships won’t even share it to not set false expectations. My dealer shared it but strongly warned me not to trust it.

In the end I was in still D1 status per Jeep Chat on my estimated ship date, with it then quickly progressing after that, shipping a little over a week later.

Yeah, that's what I figured.... Jeep Chat said they won't give out any eta dates until it has shipped. Hopefully I at least see an updated status drom D1 after the Holidays.

You must have really enjoyed that long boring ride home in the new Jeep though! Lived in Troy for a short time after finishing up at SIU and hated that drive in my beater back in the day.

Sponsored

ironworker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, some movement on mine!

12/4 - Dealer ordered
12/9 - VIN, VON received and D1 Status
12/21 - D1
12/23 - JB (I ordered dual top group, so that would be my guess?)

Nice! Ordered on 12/4 also, hoping my status gets an update soon.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, that's what I figured.... Jeep Chat said they won't give out any eta dates until it has shipped. Hopefully I at least see an updated status drom D1 after the Holidays.

You must have really enjoyed that long boring ride home in the new Jeep though! Lived in Troy for a short time after finishing up at SIU and hated that drive in my beater back in the day.
Did I mention somewhere that I live in Troy, IL or is that just a crazy coincidence?

Eh, I made the best of the drive. Grabbed some lunch at Portillos and grabbed some frozen Giordano’s deep dish pizzas before hitting some back roads for the first 100 miles and then easy interstate driving the rest of the way.

ironworker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did I mention somewhere that I live in Troy, IL or is that just a crazy coincidence?

Eh, I made the best of the drive. Grabbed some lunch at Portillos and grabbed some frozen Giordano’s deep dish pizzas before hitting some back roads for the first 100 miles and then easy interstate driving the rest of the way.

Oh wow, what a coincidence, I just saw your Stl location and figured general vicinity - this was back in the early 90's but always remember that routine drive back and forth to Chi because something always happened to my '68 Catalina on my I55 or I57 journeys before cell phones could simplify mechanical mishaps, lol

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Sorry about the delayed response.... I spent the last few months searching Chicago area for a 2DR Rubicon but after not being able to find one on any lot I came here and found Jason Beltran had actually just posted on the forum the same day I started to research about doing a factory order... I had gone to various Chicago dealers but remember reading that Jason was a guy to deal with on factory orders when he was at Tyson and then remember reading that he had left and that was no longer an option here in Chicago area.

As soon as I saw a post on here that he was now at HAWK in Forest Park I reached out to him right away. Jason made everything super easy and instantly took care of everything, it all seemed almost too easy.

So I ordered it Dec 4th, got the VIN a few days later and on the 18th Jason emailed me the POC (price order confirmation) form and it lists the estimated ship date as 12/27 which would be great but anytime I check w/ jeep chat they tell me the same thing, "it's in D1 status and no eta yet, check back next week"

I noitced your eta was 12/18 have you had any updates? Where did you order from?
I ordered on Nov. 27th, I also talked with Jason at HAWK but ended up ordering at Tyson since a friend of mine recommended and got a better deal from them.

My updates are:
11/27 - Ordered
12/06 - D1 status, VIN available, ETA 12/18 (first check with the dealer, not sure if entered D1 earlier)
12/17 - E status
12/18 - G status
12/19 - I status
12/22 - KZ status, dealer says ETA 12/26-1/1

So you are still in D1?

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It was in KZ status for 8 days but my dealership (Tyson) confirmed it was KZS “in- transit” after two days in KZ.

So my estimate is that it actually took 6 days to get to Chicago from Toledo.

11/9 - Ordered
11/11 - VON
11/12 - VIN issued, D status
11/14 to 11/25 - D1
11/27 - JB
11/30 - Sticker Available
12/2 - KZ
12/4 - KZS
12/9 - Arrived at dealership
12/12 - Picked Up
It is strange that both Jeep chat and my dealer (also Tyson) confirmed KZ status since 12/22 but it still shows window sticker unavailable from the tool on this forum. Did you get your window sticker from the forum's tool?

Sponsored

ironworker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered on Nov. 27th, I also talked with Jason at HAWK but ended up ordering at Tyson since a friend of mine recommended and got a better deal from them.

My updates are:
11/27 - Ordered
12/06 - D1 status, VIN available, ETA 12/18 (first check with the dealer, not sure if entered D1 earlier)
12/17 - E status
12/18 - G status
12/19 - I status
12/22 - KZ status, dealer says ETA 12/26-1/1

So you are still in D1?

Ohhh nice, so your getting close but no available ship date yet or it could have shipped already and not been updated yet?

Just checked with JeepChat and mine is still in D1 and that tracking tool hasn't updated anything for mine yet. Would be curious how long your process is from shipping to Tyson. Prob a good chance your picking this up the day after Xmas.

I was planning on checking out Tyson but had already been to a number of Dealers in Chicago area and Northwest Indiana, didn't feel like taking another hour + drive out there after I found Jason at HAWK as I was hoping to get this done and wrapped up by Jan1.....

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Ohhh nice, so your getting close but no available ship date yet or it could have shipped already and not been updated yet?

Just checked with JeepChat and mine is still in D1 and that tracking tool hasn't updated anything for mine yet. Would be curious how long your process is from shipping to Tyson. Prob a good chance your picking this up the day after Xmas.

I was planning on checking out Tyson but had already been to a number of Dealers in Chicago area and Northwest Indiana, didn't feel like taking another hour + drive out there after I found Jason at HAWK as I was hoping to get this done and wrapped up by Jan1.....
Yesterday the dealer said my Jeep was at the front gate of the plant waiting for loading, I haven't checked since then, but I expect it to arrive by the end of this month or the first week of Jan. I think the shipping wouldn't take long - considering it is just around 250 miles.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is strange that both Jeep chat and my dealer (also Tyson) confirmed KZ status since 12/22 but it still shows window sticker unavailable from the tool on this forum. Did you get your window sticker from the forum's tool?
I mostly used the below site to pull my sticker.

https://windowstickerlookup.com/

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Ordered Dec 1st (dealer submitted on Dec 2nd) and now complete and in KZ! Hope they put it on a fast train!
Sponsored