First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
For anyone lamenting delays in their build/delivery, this ought to cheer you up:

JLUR 3.0 Ordered 10/7
D: 10/15
As of 12/4...D...

Yup...going on 2 months and it hasn’t even hit gateline scheduling. Same for every other 3.0 order since orders started 10/7. Why? Because the EPA is a complete waste of taxpayer dollars and they refuse to release fuel economy figures for the window stickers despite having had multiple months to complete their simple testing or accept FCA’s numbers. So yea, ya’ll might be annoyed with this process, but it could always be worse lol.
Exactly...JLUR 3.0 ordered 10/9...10/15 D status, 10/16 D1, then back and forth 3 times between C and D...still in D status for 10 days this time...oh well! Was hoping for a Christmas Present and now hoping for Valentines Day Present...Praying it doesn't become a 4th of July Present! LOL!
Sponsored

ChrisDogg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
2020 Wrangler Sport 2-door JLJL72
Firecracker Red w/Black 3-Piece Hard Top
Black and Heritage Tan Interior
3.6L V6 Automatic 850RE Transmission

11/01 - BA
11/06 - D1
11/12 - F
11/13 - KZ
11/21 - Arrived destination rail yard Denver, CO
[Intervening major snowstorm delayed carrier deliveries (KZOC)]
12/06 - Delivered to dealer in Wyoming
12/06 - Picked up :)

Absolutely love it!

06A660F2-A4FF-4EA7-B0BE-C414E444458F.jpeg

Last edited:

trunz1

First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
First post here! Getting close so thought I would join in. Waiting impatiently for my 2 door JL!!

10/18/2019 Ordered at dealer
10/25/2019 D1 status
11/1 F status
11/4 Build/Window Sticker Available
11/5 KZ status
11/13 in Clifton Hill, MO
11/21 in Moberly, MO
11/29 in Kansas City, MO

Dealer gave me an ETA 12/3-12/17
12/6 Still in Kansas City :mad:

ETA has been delayed 2+ weeks; now 12/20 - 1/3

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have not yet received an ETA but I’m picking up my Jeep in Chicago, so it will be a poor comparison from Ohio to California.

*Edit - Update 12/3 from Jeep Chat - dealer ETA of 11/29 - 12/13, with the heavy caveat that these dates are "not a promise or guarantee, can change".

I hate that they have to be so scared of angering customers that you have to beg for any type of estimated ETA.
Hi, also Chicago here. What was your estimate ship date? Just got mine as 12/18, wondering how long does it normally take from Ohio to Chicago. Also, is the estimated ship date accurate?

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
Hi, also Chicago here. What was your estimate ship date? Just got mine as 12/18, wondering how long does it normally take from Ohio to Chicago. Also, is the estimated ship date accurate?
No, estimated shipping dates are usually wrong from what I’ve heard and now seen.

11/25 - Original Estimated Shipping Date
11/25 - D1
11/27 - JB
12/2 - KZ (shipping status) ETA 11/29 (past date at this point?) to 12/13
12/4 - KZS (best I can tell this was the actual ship date)

It has not yet arrived as of this afternoon. The dealership says they expect it any time now and seemed a bit surprised it didn’t come in this morning.

Thanks to a work trip next week, the earliest I’ll be able to take a train up to Chicago will be next Thursday. I’ll let you know though when it actually arrives at the dealership.

Last edited:

Sponsored

yj93

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy's Manual
Really like the way the Tan looks on the inside. How does the Willys work for a daily driver.

Oh, and how do you like that stick. Going back and forth on some options.

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
No, estimated shipping dates are usually wrong from what I’ve heard and now seen.

11/25 - Original Estimated Shipping Date
11/25 - D1
11/27 - JB
12/2 - KZ (shipping status) ETA 11/29 (past date at this point?) to 12/13
12/4 - KZS (best I can tell this was the actual ship date)

It has not yet arrived as of this afternoon. The dealership says they expect it any time now and seemed a bit surprised it didn’t come in this morning.

Thanks to a work trip next week, the earliest I’ll be able to take a train up to Chicago will be next Thursday. I’ll let you know though when it actually arrives at the dealership.
I see, so it seems that the initial ETA really does not make too much sense but it is good to know that shipping only takes a few days.

Doug Huse

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, Fire Cracker Red, 2019 Winnie M/H, Kia
mine was KZ on 11/5 and my ETA is 12/3-12/17. Maybe that's just how it goes for the San Diego folks at this time of year :(
Where did you order from? I ordered mine from Courtesy in San Juan Cap. Ordered 10/31 and supposedly fell off the train today but didn't make it to the dealer as the truck was already full. Hopefully by Monday.

ironworker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 2020 2DR JL Rubicon ordered 12/4 Del. 01/04

What was your order date? Just ordered one in Chicago on Dec 4th and just received VIN yesterday.....

Sponsored

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What was your order date? Just ordered one in Chicago on Dec 4th and just received VIN yesterday.....
I ordered on Nov 27th, right before Thanksgiving. I did not know exactly when my VIN was ready since I got them altogether with the D1 status last Friday. Do you have an ETA?

trunz1

First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Where did you order from? I ordered mine from Courtesy in San Juan Cap. Ordered 10/31 and supposedly fell off the train today but didn't make it to the dealer as the truck was already full. Hopefully by Monday.
I ordered from Poway since they were able to match the Courtesy San Juan Cap price and it was closer to home. Now I'm wondering if the train issues in Del Mar are slowing me down but I have no idea how any of that works. I'm getting pretty frustrated that my Jeep has just been sitting in Missouri. I'm told it's not delayed or anything, just hasn't left yet for whatever reason.

ironworker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 2020 2DR JL Rubicon ordered 12/4 Del. 01/04
I ordered on Nov 27th, right before Thanksgiving. I did not know exactly when my VIN was ready since I got them altogether with the D1 status last Friday. Do you have an ETA?
No, I don't have anything but the VON and VIN.... was just reading thread on "Jeep Chat" might try that to see if anything has updated since Dec 4...... from going through this thread it seems some have had their builds in less than 3 weeks and some as long as 3 months.....

JEEP CHAT response - "Thank you for holding. Your 2020 Jeep wrangler, I see all of the materials needed to start the manufacturing the build process have been received. Your vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."

Last edited:

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
No, I don't have anything but the VON and VIN.... was just reading thread on "Jeep Chat" might try that to see if anything has updated since Dec 4...... from going through this thread it seems some have had their builds in less than 3 weeks and some as long as 3 months.....

JEEP CHAT response - "Thank you for holding. Your 2020 Jeep wrangler, I see all of the materials needed to start the manufacturing the build process have been received. Your vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."
My dealer says the ETA is often delayed due to various reasons, which aligns with what I've seen on this forum. Where did you place your order though?

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
11/9 - Ordered
11/11 - VON
11/12 - VIN issued, D status
11/14 to 11/25 - D1
11/27 - JB
11/30 - Sticker Available
12/2 - KZ
12/4 - KZS
12/9 - Arrived at dealership!!!

Exactly one month from order to dealership.

Taking a train to a Chicago and picking it up on Thursday.
Sponsored