First Name
Amberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Mine has been in F now for 4 days.... 4 days! How is this possible?
Sponsored

Last edited:

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
Mine has been in F now for 4 days.... 4 days! How is this possible?
Too cold in Ohio for the paint to dry? :headbang:

In all seriousness, do you check with Jeep chat for a status update everyday?

It is taking everything in me to not check daily because I feel like I am bothering them. I really wish there was an automated system where you just plug in your info and it shows the status, no people to make me feel guilty.:blush:

2k6_tx_Dad

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR 6sp
It is taking everything in me to not check daily because I feel like I am bothering them.
Think about it this way, working on the other end of the chat is someone's job. If no one "bothered" them, there'd be no work and no job.

I checked Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.

09/28 - Ordered
10/04 - VIN/Status D
10/07 - D1 status.
10/11 - D1 status
10/14 - D1 status
10/18 - D1 status
10/21 - D1 status
10/28 - For your order right now it is showing that I must have you to go to the dealership for your order :(
11/01 - New VON and VIN "Your order may have been damaged and scrapped"
11/01 - G
11/04 - JB
11/06 - KZ
11/16 - Supposed to be at the Railhead
11/18 - Supposed to be at the dealer.

Amberlyrubi

First Name
Amberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Too cold in Ohio for the paint to dry? :headbang:

In all seriousness, do you check with Jeep chat for a status update everyday?

It is taking everything in me to not check daily because I feel like I am bothering them. I really wish there was an automated system where you just plug in your info and it shows the status, no people to make me feel guilty.:blush:
That's what my boyfriend's brother was saying, but I don't think it being too cold is the case because I see Jeeps going into paint after me and now in inspection.

I check at least twice a day, morning and evening. Yesterday I checked 4 times, because I just don't see how my Jeep can be in paint for that length of time.

Amberlyrubi

First Name
Amberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Think about it this way, working on the other end of the chat is someone's job. If no one "bothered" them, there'd be no work and no job.

I checked Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.

09/28 - Ordered
10/04 - VIN/Status D
10/07 - D1 status.
10/11 - D1 status
10/14 - D1 status
10/18 - D1 status
10/21 - D1 status
10/28 - For your order right now it is showing that I must have you to go to the dealership for your order :(
11/01 - New VON and VIN "Your order may have been damaged and scrapped"
11/01 - G
11/04 - JB
11/06 - KZ
11/16 - Supposed to be at the Railhead
11/18 - Supposed to be at the dealer.
Well, after your order was damaged, it looks like they got yours out PDQ.

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I am now absolutely convinced that call or using the chat to get your vehicle build status is completely useless. I believe that FCA has the "real" information somewhere but is unable to get it to the customer service people on a consistent basis. I ordered my Jeep on 10/9/2019. Keep in mind it is a diesel and it has been posted they won't start building until the 25th of November. So I check about twice a week. On 10/15 I was in "C" status, 10/16 I was in "D1" Status, on 10/18 I was back to "C" status. Then On 10/21 back to "D" status. Then on Friday the 8th I was told I was in "D" status for 8 days. On 11/12 I was in "D" status for 11 days...(This is the first time it seem consistent)...Today, I am back into "C" status.

So although it seems exciting to call and find out what status your Jeep is in, I have no faith it is correct. Several post have said they are in a status with no idea when their jeep will ship only to find out it is delivered the next day to the dealership.

Sad to say, but FCA is a complete failure in this process. I had a Mercedes built a few years ago and could check and see my status online myself...I was even able to change the build until it hit a certain point. It was accurate and was delivered exactly when it was ready.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
In Canada. HellaYella JLUR.

11/08 - Ordered
11/12 - VON
11/15 - Scheduling will resume in NEXT ALLOCATION (no VIN)

What does it mean, next allocation? I heard they were only building diesels after 11/13, until 01/07/20. I'll cancel my order if that's the case.

upload_2019-11-15_14-20-8.png

nojp

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler 2 door sports S
I am now absolutely convinced that call or using the chat to get your vehicle build status is completely useless. I believe that FCA has the "real" information somewhere but is unable to get it to the customer service people on a consistent basis. I ordered my Jeep on 10/9/2019. Keep in mind it is a diesel and it has been posted they won't start building until the 25th of November. So I check about twice a week. On 10/15 I was in "C" status, 10/16 I was in "D1" Status, on 10/18 I was back to "C" status. Then On 10/21 back to "D" status. Then on Friday the 8th I was told I was in "D" status for 8 days. On 11/12 I was in "D" status for 11 days...(This is the first time it seem consistent)...Today, I am back into "C" status.

So although it seems exciting to call and find out what status your Jeep is in, I have no faith it is correct. Several post have said they are in a status with no idea when their jeep will ship only to find out it is delivered the next day to the dealership.

Sad to say, but FCA is a complete failure in this process. I had a Mercedes built a few years ago and could check and see my status online myself...I was even able to change the build until it hit a certain point. It was accurate and was delivered exactly when it was ready.

I think this a special case. those codes seem like the system is queuing up a run schedule and is prioritizing. You order is going in and out of the queue based on other orders and the priority. This likely driven by JIT and the supply chain. Jeep has this luxury since the orders are in hand prior the start of the run. so actually i think it is highly accurate just not the final schedule we as customers care about.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
Make any excuse you want.....the whole thing is f'ng stupid. Not worth wasting your time. I don't know why anyone would run such a program unless it was to piss-off their customers. Sad Jeep.....sad.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Make any excuse you want.....the whole thing is f'ng stupid. Not worth wasting your time. I don't know why anyone would run such a program unless it was to piss-off their customers. Sad Jeep.....sad.
I agree, when someone spends $60+K on a vehicle don't have a system to follow up with that doesn't work. Don't play games with it. No customer service associated with this BS. It costs NOTHING to be honest about what is happening or not...isn't like I won't buy it...just tell me when you plan on building it. Honesty is free!

Sponsored

nojp

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler 2 door sports S
I could agree with this but i need something to do while I wait for my delivery.

jigamanz

First Name
Jeegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Jeep JLUR, 14' Mazda 3 Sport GT, 09' Acura RDX
In Canada. HellaYella JLUR.

11/08 - Ordered
11/12 - VON
11/15 - Scheduling will resume in NEXT ALLOCATION (no VIN)

What does it mean, next allocation? I heard they were only building diesels after 11/13, until 01/07/20. I'll cancel my order if that's the case.

No VIN for me either. This is uberly annoying. Especially considering I ordered on the 26th of October.
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 12.01.04 PM.png

ecentric

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0 Ocean Blue

No VIN for me either. This is uberly annoying. Especially considering I ordered on the 26th of October.
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 12.01.04 PM.png
It's a long shot, but on the off chance either of you guys can do a cash buy and are willing to spend extra money, it might be worth looking into buying in the US and importing. I have no experience with this process, but looked into it a long time ago when I was considering a job offer in Montreal.

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/how-to-import-a-car-from-the-u-s-into-canada

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
When and from who, do you get any type of estimated build or ship dates?

I have been in D1 status for a week but after asking Jeep Chat, I was told at no point is there any estimated build or ship dates. I just e-mailed my dealership asking if they receive any estimates, but I have not heard back yet.

I ask because my dealership is out of town and we will have to arrange travel. Just curious with the holidays coming up if they had any broad estimate.
Sponsored