Post your 2020 JL build status

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
You’ll be in D1 until the 23rd. The ship date is the day they start building it.
Thanks for clarifying - was trying to figure out why nothing else was showing up yet! Is yours still in D1?
Sponsored

fastdrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Lotus Elise, 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2015 MB C400
Picked up my 2020 2.0 JLUR this weekend. Had my friend along who has the same options but 2019 2.0 JLUR. We could not tell the difference between both the engines as far as pickup or acceleration but there is noticeable difference in how the engine restarts from autostop/start. 2019 is noticeably smoother. Not a deal breaker for me as I turn that feature off anyway.

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
How long did most folks take for shipping from Toledo once hitting KZ? I'm in the Bay Area and their estimated delivery is 9/18 to their lot. I'm wondering if that sounds accurate for most folks or if everyone's experience was a faster than expected delivery (trying to plan selling a vehicle, bank pre-approval etc.)

Sponsored

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
Ashton, did the dealer give you the estimated delivery, or FCA online/phone?

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Thanks for clarifying - was trying to figure out why nothing else was showing up yet! Is yours still in D1?
Yea I’ve been D1 since 8/14.

My dealer told me my ship date is “end of the month” which is really frustrating because I know they give a specific date. He probably didn’t even check.

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Same here. Been D1 since 8/13. They still haven’t given me any est ship dates of this morning. I’m trying to practice self restraint with asking Jeep, but I sold my “trade-in” off craigslist much faster that I was expecting, and am now riding my bicycle to work. I guess the silver lining is that they’ll probably take so long to make it that they will fix tread lightly by the time it gets in.

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Same here. Been D1 since 8/13. They still haven’t given me any est ship dates of this morning. I’m trying to practice self restraint with asking Jeep, but I sold my “trade-in” off craigslist much faster that I was expecting, and am now riding my bicycle to work. I guess the silver lining is that they’ll probably take so long to make it that they will fix tread lightly by the time it gets in.
I think we should both expect our jeeps to land somewhere around half way through September

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’ve been stuck in D for 8 days. When do I start moving?

Sponsored

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
How long did most folks take for shipping from Toledo once hitting KZ? I'm in the Bay Area and their estimated delivery is 9/18 to their lot. I'm wondering if that sounds accurate for most folks or if everyone's experience was a faster than expected delivery (trying to plan selling a vehicle, bank pre-approval etc.)
It should be quicker. They under promise and over deliver. Mine was 9 days I believe after hitting KZ. Most I saw on here were as low as 4 days and within 10 days.

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
It should be quicker. They under promise and over deliver. Mine was 9 days I believe after hitting KZ. Most I saw on here were as low as 4 days and within 10 days.
Got it, that's super helpful Jeff!

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Ashton, did the dealer give you the estimated delivery, or FCA online/phone?
I got that from my dealer, I similarly was told by Jeep Chat that now that's in KZ to kindly leave them alone and check with my dealer lol ;)