Sponsored

Post your 2020 JL build status

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Red 2 Door Soft Top - had 1997 TJ & 2016 JK also own 2019 Grand Cherokee overland
Wait, WTF happened to your back doors? Is that some kind of custom frame shortened mod or something?
bus.jpg
? It’s the 2 door wrangler OG - they did not even start making 4 doors until I think 2007

D6CC736E-E137-4B6C-8F7A-68B271A21BE5.jpeg
Sponsored

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Well, I ordered on the evening of 8/7, got the VON on 8/8, then D1 on 8/13. I keep asking for expected ship date/ build date, but either I don’t have one or they won’t give it to me. The wait is painful and possibly going to get worse if I sell my current car today (trade in offer was a slap in the face) and have to ride my bike to work for a month.

heytheresrich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
Medical Officer
Well, I ordered on the evening of 8/7, got the VON on 8/8, then D1 on 8/13. I keep asking for expected ship date/ build date, but either I don’t have one or they won’t give it to me. The wait is painful and possibly going to get worse if I sell my current car today (trade in offer was a slap in the face) and have to ride my bike to work for a month.
I ordered on evening of 8/6, VON 8/8, D1 8/12 and have an estimated ship/build date of 8/21. So yours should be around that time frame as well assuming we ordered a similar Jeep:

2 Door Rubicon 6MT w/ Pentastar
LED, Black Hard Top, Tow/Electrical, Proximity Keyless

- Rich

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Your dealer can probably get you an "Estimated Ship Date", and you'll use this as your build start date estimate, but I agree with Rich, you're probably looking at hitting paint by the end of next week.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Remember to check your tire pressure at arrival. I felt like I was riding around on Fred Flintstone tires.

20190813_130637.jpg

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I ordered on evening of 8/6, VON 8/8, D1 8/12 and have an estimated ship/build date of 8/21. So yours should be around that time frame as well assuming we ordered a similar Jeep:

2 Door Rubicon 6MT w/ Pentastar
LED, Black Hard Top, Tow/Electrical, Proximity Keyless

- Rich
Thanks for the info. Sounds like we have similar builds, but mine is a 4dr with dual top. And, I’m not sure how 4drs and 2drs share the production line. I’m trying in futility to not obsess over this; nothing I do is going to make it come faster. BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
For those who have already received theirs how many miles did it have on it when you picked it up? Mine had 14 which I felt was strange.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
For those who have already received theirs how many miles did it have on it when you picked it up? Mine had 14 which I felt was strange.
Jeep says 4-30 is the norm, as some are taken for rides as part of inspection and QC.

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 8/8, D1 with an estimated ship/build date of 8/21.

2 door Rubicon, 3.6 auto, Sting-Gray, Tow Package, 8.4" Uconnect and premium audio, LED group, All-weather floor mats, Cloth seats, Premium soft top.

And like others in this thread it is consuming my every waking thought and driving my wife nuts. Can't wait!!! :jk:

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

2 door Rubicon, 3.6 auto, Sting-Gray, Tow Package, 8.4" Uconnect and premium audio, LED group, All-weather floor mats, Cloth seats, Premium soft top.

And like others in this thread it is consuming my every waking thought and driving my wife nuts. Can't wait!!! :jk:
Dude, you're crazy. I would never be...Oh, wait, Jeep Chat just connected...I'll be right back...

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon

We have identical builds and almost identical time frames. You’re three days ahead of me

Reactions: apb

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
We have identical builds and almost identical time frames. You’re three days ahead of me
Hah, that's very cool. From that information alone I can tell you're a highly intelligent man, very important, and have excellent taste! ;)

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Don’t get too jealous guys. I’ve got a new ride to take to work on Monday.

6C34FDCE-D8EF-4235-8369-84E740C70806.jpeg

KCGeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Mine had 12 on it when I picked it up so pretty close.
Sponsored