First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
44E0850A-FD8C-4964-BAEA-AD7AF38E0A5B.jpeg
D896E368-0E9F-4F78-BF26-58891E8CB081.jpeg
Ordered on 7/9 and both the build sheet and window sticker popped up yesterday. I figured it would be another couple weeks in transit but was happily surprised when the dealer called and said it arrived today. 4 miles on odometer! Really surprised how fast it moved since my update last Friday was that it was still D1. I love the new saddle interior with the bikini!
Looks beautiful!!!

I thought I heard that ALL 2020 Rubicon’s had the red dash regardless of exterior paint or interior seat color?
Sponsored

EssDub

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Still at body vendor since Friday. I think the hinge gate reinforcement may be the delay.
Hey Eitel, I have been at body vendor since Friday as well, but I didn't order the hinge gate reinforcement. I think the Hardtop Headliner installer must be on vacation. :idea:

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Looks beautiful!!!

I thought I heard that ALL 2020 Rubicon’s had the red dash regardless of exterior paint or interior seat color?
@JeepCares confirmed for us earlier in this thread that it’s all rubicons EXCEPT the saddle brown interior. I’m stoked to have no red in our Dark Saddle Sting Gray for sure.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
@JeepCares confirmed for us earlier in this thread that it’s all rubicons EXCEPT the saddle brown interior. I’m stoked to have no red in our Dark Saddle Sting Gray for sure.
That's good!!!

I know the dash panels can be removed and painted, wrapped, replaced, etc. I have seen a couple of the videos showing how, but it's not an easy task and it takes on a level of precaution and perhaps responsibility in removing the passenger airbag. I am sure we will see many lawsuits where an airbag should have been deployed during an accident but it didn't because it was not reinstalled properly. The defense will put all of their chips on the fact that someone removed the airbag to change the dash pieces and reinstalled it improperly, whether that be true or not.

Jeep should have designed the colored panels where they can be more easily removed and replaced without removing additional dash pieces and, especially, the passenger airbag. I think there is a much better design that the engineers should work on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eitel

Eitel

First Name
Eitel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Hey Eitel, I have been at body vendor since Friday as well, but I didn't order the hinge gate reinforcement. I think the Hardtop Headliner installer must be on vacation. :idea:
It may be, but I ordered a soft top Rubicon. ;)

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I placed my order Monday August 5th and I got a text today telling me that expected ship date is August 20th and I’ll most likely be able to take delivery on the 25th. That speed is blowing my mind and it’s kind of pissing me off because I ordered it from Criswell in Maryland and I’ll actually be in Maryland on August 19 for a conference the week before it’s supposed to be delivered. Looks like I’m doing back to back road trips lol

0AD8DBC8-CBA1-404E-B62C-CDDF898ABE18.jpeg

OP
OP
Eitel

Eitel

First Name
Eitel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
I placed my order Monday August 5th and I got a text today telling me that expected ship date is August 20th and I’ll most likely be able to take delivery on the 25th. That speed is blowing my mind and it’s kind of pissing me off because I ordered it from Criswell in Maryland and I’ll actually be in Maryland on August 19 for a conference the week before it’s supposed to be delivered. Looks like I’m doing back to back road trips lol
Sucks, but I better see your Jeep around after that!

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Still at body vendor since Friday. I think the hinge gate reinforcement may be the delay.
Mine is stuck as well, but I think mine is for the bikini top?

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Mine was built last week and is also stuck in JB status! But, mine does not have either of those 2 options? I was suspecting the bikini tops? What do you suspect?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eitel

Eitel

First Name
Eitel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Mine was built last week and is also stuck in JB status! But, mine does not have either of those 2 options? I was suspecting the bikini tops? What do you suspect?
Lazy body vendor.

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Just transitioned to G as of this morning woot! Must have went through framing and paint between last night and this morning (I was still in D1 around lunch yesterday).

Ordered JLUR 7.22.19

VON received 7.22.19

VIN received 7.23.19

D status (schedule pending) 7.23.19

D1 (firm schedule) status 7.29.19

G status (trim) 8.8.19

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a really stupid question I'm sure, but how is everyone receiving their VIN's? I have the VON (placed my order today), just wondering if the dealership sends the VIN at some point or is it up to the buyer to reach out to get that?

OP
OP
Eitel

Eitel

First Name
Eitel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Talk to your dealer. They will give you the VIN once they receive it.
Sponsored

Reactions: apb