Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, do you know why?
Their special colors only last one or two years then they come out with new variations. Punk'n is also gone and Hella Yellow will be out soon - you can't order one with a matching top anymore.

Ashkit

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Hi everyone! I got a call from my salesperson this morning stating that Jeep hasn't picked up my order and they think there is an issue with the color which I was afraid might be an issue as it no longer showed as an option on the Jeep build website. Does anyone know if they are no longer allowing Bikini Pearl as a color choice?
This is probably not very helpful but I ordered a Bikini on 5/12. It sat around for almost 2 weeks before it got a VIN, Jeep chat could never find it when I talked to them. It’s been gathering parts since.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
We must be order neighbors. I ordered a 6-speed JLR (no U) on 3/14.

Maybe we should compare VINs. :)

End of June (or thereabouts) would be FANTASTIC. Thank you for sharing that info. It's a lot more than I've been able to get from Jeep chat.
No problem. After the Jeep chat lady gave me the D1 status, I told her I'm guessing there's a issue with MT builds because all I see are automatics getting built via the order tracker. She didn't answer the question, but that's when she said if everything stays on schedule, I should take delivery by late June. I've always heard they don't have access to schedules, but that's what she told me.

The last 6 numbers of my VIN are 317412.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is probably not very helpful but I ordered a Bikini on 5/12. It sat around for almost 2 weeks before it got a VIN, Jeep chat could never find it when I talked to them. It’s been gathering parts since.
The color is not available on the configurator anymore. Your delay was probably they were checking to see how many Bikini orders were ahead of you versus how much Bikini color was left in the paint barrel. You might be the last one to get it.
Hella Yellow hard top option cancels the color. It is still available for the body and fenders. If I remember right an outside vendor does the tops and sends them to the plant ready to install. They might have run out if their supply while the factory still has some left.

Sponsored

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
Hi everyone! I got a call from my salesperson this morning stating that Jeep hasn't picked up my order and they think there is an issue with the color which I was afraid might be an issue as it no longer showed as an option on the Jeep build website. Does anyone know if they are no longer allowing Bikini Pearl as a color choice?
Sorry you can't get your first choice color. Is there a second choice that you love?

marthaspeaksjeep

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Sport S, Toyota Highlander, Mazda Miata, Honda HRV
Their special colors only last one or two years then they come out with new variations. Punk'n is also gone and Hella Yellow will be out soon - you can't order one with a matching top anymore.
Sadly I was afraid of that...thank you!

marthaspeaksjeep

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting! I'm suppose to officially find out on Monday. Fingers crossed!!

marthaspeaksjeep

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry you can't get your first choice color. Is there a second choice that you love?
Not love but I like the Sting Gray ok. String Gray is my husband's choice and since he is sacrificing his Miata for me to own a Jeep, I guess I'll go with that color. I should get the official word on Monday as to whether or not Bikini is available! Fingers crossed 'cause I already had her named. Maybe I jinxed myself by naming her but I was told, when I placed the order, it was available (I verified twice but I know mistakes can be made).

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
Not love but I like the Sting Gray ok. String Gray is my husband's choice and since he is sacrificing his Miata for me to own a Jeep, I guess I'll go with that color. I should get the official word on Monday as to whether or not Bikini is available! Fingers crossed 'cause I already had her named. Maybe I jinxed myself by naming her but I was told, when I placed the order, it was available (I verified twice but I know mistakes can be made).
Hopefully you’ll get good news on Monday! I have a Sting Gray on order. And we have a red Miata! :)

Sponsored

marthaspeaksjeep

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully you’ll get good news on Monday! I have a Sting Gray on order. And we have a red Miata! :)
That's awesome! We just sold our red Miata! :( I didn't want too but the hubster said we didn't need 4 cars in our driveway and the jeep will scratch the convertible itch! I'll keep you updated!

Jpat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
My order went in Tuesday for a Bikini Rubicon. Got a VON and VIN Thursday.

wtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HellaYella JLR 6spd w/ BnL re-gear, MC 3.5"
No problem. After the Jeep chat lady gave me the D1 status, I told her I'm guessing there's a issue with MT builds because all I see are automatics getting built via the order tracker. She didn't answer the question, but that's when she said if everything stays on schedule, I should take delivery by late June. I've always heard they don't have access to schedules, but that's what she told me.

The last 6 numbers of my VIN are 317412.
Wow. There must've been a lot of orders when they opened the floodgates on M/T. My last six are 316243.

Hank20

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
On this forum - no. That’s what we are waiting on: you early February manual orders. The last one was 1/28 or 1/29 that was finished while the plant was closed with a skeleton crew. @Hank20
Picked my manual Jeep second week of April
Sponsored