Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL MOAB
Occupation
Network Engineer
Order Date: 4/24

I did notice this on my build sheet though: "Special Scheduling Condition VII"
My POC had the same build and scheduling priority, but my build sheet doesn't have "Special scheduling condition" on it... you should ask your dealer what that means.
Sponsored

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
...also, any one else find it weird that Jeep Chat is apparently completely unaware of the shutdown? I suspect they actually know about it but are told to follow a script. Every single time its mentioned its pretty much the exact same response.

I agree! It seems like they would know this. As if it's a big inside secret. I've always thought your customer-facing support should have as much information as possible. Seems bass ackward to me.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I agree! It seems like they would know this. As if it's a big inside secret. I've always thought your customer-facing support should have as much information as possible. Seems bass ackward to me.
I stopped by a dealership Saturday b/c a bikini color was finally in stock and just wanted to admire as I’m ordering one here soon. Asked the sales mgr about ordering and how the shut down would effect the order...he acted like he had no clue there was going to be one and told me I could have mine within 4-6 weeks if I ordered. Uh huh...sureeee. Lol

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Order 4/29/2019
Current status as per Jeep chat is JB: Vendor Add on items. I believe this is due to me ordering Mopar hardtop headliners...

Anyways it seems jeep chat works for Canadian customers too. I gave them my Canadian address and they had no problem providing an update for me.

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Just talked to Jeep Live Chat and my JL has been built and passed inspection but not yet released to carrier. On Friday 5/10 i was told by the salesperson that it was in trim, so making good progress. :like:

johnsanc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler MOAB
I'm getting all kinds of mixed statuses every few days. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Previously I was told I was in "J" status, then "JB", but now I am back in "I" status and the the rep says it shows I have been in "I" status for 11 days which conflicts with the previous updates I received. I wonder if this is an overall status code and there are smaller inspections along the way or something... for example the base build was inspected and OKed before being sent for add-ons or something.

Either way, now it looks like the plant is shut down so I'm assuming that even the inspections and such are also shut down now. Can anyone confirm?

Sponsored

DerekPB

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Reverse Engineering
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Rubicon Order
JLRU - Ocean Blue
Order Date 27 April 2019
Delivery to Dealer 15 May 2019

Surprised the $h17 out of me. I was planning end of the month now I got to juggle to go pick it up (not that I'm complaining).

579640738.jpg

meth0d

First Name
Pierce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL MOAB
Occupation
Network Engineer
Just got notification that the Jeep is in today... Flying out Saturday to look it over and sign for it. Below is the tracking from start to finish, with me checking in with Jeep Chat every other business day.

Order Placed 4/26/19 (Friday)
Accepted 4/29/19
VIN 4/30/19
D1 5/1/19
G 5/5/19
Awaiting JB 5/6/19
Awaiting JB 5/8/19
KZ 5/10/19
KZ L (Truck, not Rail) 5/13/19
Delivered 5/15/19

19 days from order to delivery is absolutely insane.. for a '19 MOAB with all the major groups added.

johnsanc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler MOAB
I feel this shaping up to be a horror story...

Ordered on 4/24. As of today Jeep Chat confirmed I am in "I" status and have been for 11 days and could not explain or provide any info on previous statuses. This info conflicts with previous updates when i was told I was in "J" and then "JB" status. They even went as far as suggesting that other reps may have looked up the wrong VIN... yeah right. Theres no way 2 different reps on 2 different days updated me with "J" and "JB" status respectively. At this point I will be requesting an escalation on Saturday if it is not out of "I" status.

I also explicitly asked if there was an issue, to which they said no... but then refused to answer my question when I asked: "If there was an issue would you be able to tell in your system?"

I am disappointed with Jeep customer service. Conflicting information, purely scripted responses, lack of (or withholding) info. As a first time Jeep purchaser this experience is really starting to tarnish the brand for me.

Also, has anyone else even heard of an order going BACK to "I" status after it reached "J" or "JB"?

EDIT: Today I actually had a chat rep that was pretty helpful and he said that according to his knowledgebase that orders can go back into I status after any add-on items were installed in JB. Not sure how accurate that is, but fingers crossed I don't get stuck.

Last edited:

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Just talked to Jeep Live Chat and my JL has been built and passed inspection but not yet released to carrier. On Friday 5/10 i was told by the salesperson that it was in trim, so making good progress. :like:
Got email from dealer saying it's in "JB" status for body vendor. :clap:
Sponsored