Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR MOJITO! (3.6, auto, loaded)
Occupation
Army
KZT. In dalton, IL
Scheduled to arrive in council bluffs on 23rd. Dealers in Omaha so hopefully won’t take them long to get the Jeep less than 20 miles.

don4v4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on order
Sales guy just text me that my Rubicon is in transit via rail and is currently in IOWA.

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
I emailed the dealer that my Jeep was on the way from Toledo to Jacksonville CJD. I received the following response:

It is good to see it is getting close. The ETA for the vehicle getting to the port in Jacksonville is saying 1/30/19. Typically once they get to the port it takes a couple days to a week before they are put on a truck and brought to the dealership. I will keep following it though and I will ask the people at the port if we can come get it once it arrives and they finish inspecting it to speed that up a little bit. Most of the time they honor those requests.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
KZT. In dalton, IL
Scheduled to arrive in council bluffs on 23rd. Dealers in Omaha so hopefully won’t take them long to get the Jeep less than 20 miles.
Waited 3 days at the Coucil Bluffs drop to get a truck and mine was an expedited delivery but they might not have many trucks over the weekend which could have delayed mine.
Why buying in Omaha if you live in NY?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Big Brother Little Sister 1.JPG
Bro and Sis.JPG
Wait is over. Picked it up from Baxter Jeep today - they replaced the damaged items yesterday. Have already put in floor liners, removed rear seat and stored it, install steps, grille guard, MOLLE bags, stubby antenna, sill guards, programmed Homelink. Now I can evaluate which lights I am going to get.

kjone013

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR MOJITO! (3.6, auto, loaded)
Occupation
Army
Waited 3 days at the Coucil Bluffs drop to get a truck and mine was an expedited delivery but they might not have many trucks over the weekend which could have delayed mine.
Why buying in Omaha if you live in NY?
Well I was moving to fort Riley Kansas. When I gave the local dealer there the price of 5% below invoice he said “I can match that, in fact they are losing moving selling for that.” So I emailed all the Omaha dealers since my parents live there and it’s only 3 hrs away.

Where did you order yours from? I ordered from Baxter Jeep of Bellevue.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well I was moving to fort Riley Kansas. When I gave the local dealer there the price of 5% below invoice he said “I can match that, in fact they are losing moving selling for that.” So I emailed all the Omaha dealers since my parents live there and it’s only 3 hrs away.

Where did you order yours from? I ordered from Baxter Jeep of Bellevue.
Baxter in Lincoln. You can almost see the rail drop from Baxter Bellevue. My sales manager said they had a Wrangler sit there for 45 days for an unknown reason. They finally got FCA to give them a letter so they can get it themselves. I'm sure yours' won't sit there that long. Mine was damaged during transit. The truck unloaded at night so the one Baxter person there couldn't see the damage and signed for it. Baxter took a hard top and fender off the lot and replaced my damaged parts.

HSJeep

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2019 JLUR (pending)
Ordered JLUR 1/10
Got VIN 1/11
Talked to dealer today.
ETA to dealership 1/24.

We shall see if I get by 26 Jan. But I'm also 60 minutes from the plant.

After I get the financing squared away. (Didnt think I would have to get loan paperwork going for another month) I'm going off on buying assecories!

Sponsored

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Ordered JLUR 1/10
Got VIN 1/11
Talked to dealer today.
ETA to dealership 1/24.

We shall see if I get by 26 Jan. But I'm also 60 minutes from the plant.

After I get the financing squared away. (Didnt think I would have to get loan paperwork going for another month) I'm going off on buying assecories!
That's an insanely fast turnaround. Why do some orders get delivered so quickly? I ordered my Jeep 1/1 and got a VIN 1/3 .

HSJeep

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2019 JLUR (pending)
That's an insanely fast turnaround. Why do some orders get delivered so quickly? I ordered my Jeep 1/1 and got a VIN 1/3 .
I'm guessing "my" jeep build was already in the que as a dealer allotment and was reassigned to me when the order was placed.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
I'm guessing "my" jeep build was already in the que as a dealer allotment and was reassigned to me when the order was placed.
That's good to hear. I hope they're not rushing these builds!

don4v4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on order
1/16/19 - 9:19:00 = North Platte, Nebraska : InRail Transit. Almost halfway to here!

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
It's not delivered yet. I'd be shocked if that happens, especially with the plant being closed for 11 days in the middle of that timeline.
I know he's close to the plant, but there are plenty of people here who wait weeks while it sits in a lot 20 miles from their dealer.

Edit:
This would make sense if it's the case and if that is how it works.
Sponsored

Last edited: