Post your 2019 JL build status

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
JeepChat just told me that I'm in JB. I've seen the following definitions for JB...."Nooooo!" and "Shipped to body vendor". Can anyone tell me what this actually means? I'm assuming a big delay?
I was in JB for one day. My guess is that it's only a delay if they don't have the parts they need to add onto the vehicle.
Sponsored

levichar

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, Ordering '19 JL
I was in JB for one day. My guess is that it's only a delay if they don't have the parts they need to add onto the vehicle.
Which is funny...because they say D1 is gathering all the parts and the build doesn't start until they have them.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Which is funny...because they say D1 is gathering all the parts and the build doesn't start until they have them.
Per other posts and the fine folks at Jeepchat, I thought D1 status was: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built, which means they have all the parts and there is no delay expected due to parts issues. Yes? No?

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
JeepChat just told me that I'm in JB. I've seen the following definitions for JB...."Nooooo!" and "Shipped to body vendor". Can anyone tell me what this actually means? I'm assuming a big delay?
JB is where add-on items like stripes, hard top headliners, tailgate reinforcement, etc. get added. Basically if you have any MOPAR accessories on your order, except possibly for slush mats, you’ll land in JB for those items to be added.

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
JLUR
ORdered 12/7 - Vin and von given to me
D1 1/8 - not sure what that means.

Sponsored

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
So, after my first order (9/12) was in inspection from 11/1 until still, I reordered on 12/11. Yesterday, Jeep chat said I was KZ with no ETA. First thing this morning my salesman called and said my jeep was in.
So much for Jeep Chat, but I'm sure they can only give the information available to them.
Anyway, after deciding to order a 19 last August, its finally here.
Punkin Sahara

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
2 door Rubicon 3.6 L/auto/black/LED/steel/tow group/black hardtop/infotainment:
11/26 - ordered
11/27 - received VIN, D status
01/02 - D status
01/03 - E in morning, F in afternoon
01/04 - KZ, no ETA yet
01/04 - build sheet and window sticker available
01/04 - loaded on railcar, rail drop ETA 01/18
01/08 - (morning) railcar passing through Dolton, IL (south of Chicago), rail drop ETA 01/14

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers have access to Rubicon VLS, a logistics company that tracks vehicle transport on rail, truck or ship. They can see when a vehicle is started and when railcars pass an RFID point. Sounds like Jeep Chat doesn't access this system. So once you go into KZ status ask your dealer to check where your vehicle is, takes them about 15 seconds. For instance mine was in Dolton, IL at 1:49 this morning and was loaded on the railcar at Toledo on 1/4 at 6:42 pm with an expected drop ramp date of 1/15 at 10:59 am. Since it is 460 miles to go it may be sooner.

“We know that meeting customer timing can be the difference [when] securing a sale, and these new technologies are enabling us to see into the network faster and more efficiently,” says Luca Kolcaj, manager of finished vehicle operations for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles US. “As technological advances are made, vehicles are now being equipped with standard features that would allow FCA US to geo-map current vehicle locations. Having real-time information gives us the ability to get the most up-to-date transport performance without having to rely on vendors or carriers to report.”

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
So, after my first order (9/12) was in inspection from 11/1 until still, I reordered on 12/11. Yesterday, Jeep chat said I was KZ with no ETA. First thing this morning my salesman called and said my jeep was in.
So much for Jeep Chat, but I'm sure they can only give the information available to them.
Anyway, after deciding to order a 19 last August, its finally here.
Punkin Sahara
Do you know if it is your original order from 9/12 or the reorder on 12/11?

Sponsored

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
“We know that meeting customer timing can be the difference [when] securing a sale, and these new technologies are enabling us to see into the network faster and more efficiently,” says Luca Kolcaj, manager of finished vehicle operations for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles US. “As technological advances are made, vehicles are now being equipped with standard features that would allow FCA US to geo-map current vehicle locations. Having real-time information gives us the ability to get the most up-to-date transport performance without having to rely on vendors or carriers to report.”
Wow, so many of us have a much different reality than what Luca said.

dcwrangler

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I am another member of the Dec 14th D1 club. I was surprised to see that happen so quickly, as I placed my order only the day before. My build sheet said it would ship Jan 10, but after reading posts on this forum I realized that is a bit of joke and more likely just a placeholder, but we'll see. Not to mention my dealer told me they were instructed by folks farther up the food chain to expect my build to take as much as 12 - 14 weeks, but who knows, maybe that's a standard line to temper expectations. My 2-door turbo Rubicon order has all the bells and whistles except the smokers and block heater.
I ordered my 2-door turbo Rubicon on 12/4 and it is in D1 since Dec 21st. I don't think there are many people who ordered a 2-door turbo Rubicon. We are at the bottom of the priority list. Almost all the jeeps that are being built super quick are 4-doors with the 3.6 and are mostly a Moab or a Sahara.

levichar

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, Ordering '19 JL
Per other posts and the fine folks at Jeepchat, I thought D1 status was: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built, which means they have all the parts and there is no delay expected due to parts issues. Yes? No?
That's what I thought

levichar

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, Ordering '19 JL
JB is where add-on items like stripes, hard top headliners, tailgate reinforcement, etc. get added. Basically if you have any MOPAR accessories on your order, except possibly for slush mats, you’ll land in JB for those items to be added.
Ahh...ok. that makes more sense. I did get the hardtop headliner, cargo tub liner and floor mats. I feel better now. Thanks.
Sponsored