Sponsored

Post your 2019 JL build status

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mine coming to MN. I've seen a lot of people on the east coast already getting theirs.
Maybe it has been waiting for mine to get loaded on the train :) Mine is heading to Fargo, ND so Iā€™m guessing train to Minneapolis and then trucked up 94 to ND.

jeepinoutwest

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport, 2017 Yamaha Super Tenere
Here's a lesson why not to believe Jeep Chat. My build was completed on 11/7. I called November 9th, 13th and 16th to check transport location. Each time they told me KZ waiting to be shipped. I asked and was told my jeep was still in Toledo. Dealer just informed me it arrived at the shipping yard in Massachusetts yesterday, so it was actually in transit those 3 days I called post build. Jeep chat either has no idea or lies.

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
So when things move, they move I guess. Went from E yesterday morning to JB this afternoon. And I have nearly every option besides auto/2.0 so thereā€™s nothing holding up builds right now it seems.

Donā€™t know if opening a case and doing Jeep Chat once a day helped - maybe?

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I have come to believe that Jeep Chat is a few days behind on their information.

Sponsored

furrandchalk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Got my Criptosticker this morning.

Screenshot_20181118-075453_Inbox.jpg
Why would Crypto find your window sticker, but not your build sheet. The build sheet should be available after I, and the window sticker after KZ. Anyone seen this before?

Also, when is the last time someone moved to KZ on JG? Does everyone with a window sticker also show KZ on the JG tracker? In my experience, Jeep Garage has been, by far, the most accurate and up to date source. And Iā€™ve used every tracker available, including the old JLWF tracker that FCA shut down back in March. The dealers and Jeep chat have always been unreliable.

I ordered in March, finally cancelled & reordered a ā€˜19 on 9/20, and Iā€™ve been stuck in JB since 11/3. I wouldnā€™t complain if the dealer called tomorrow and said to come get it, but a 1-2 week notice would be convenient, as we have to schedule a vacation around delivery.

Iā€™ve read a few posts about the JG tracker or MOTS being down. Does anyone know this for certain? @Milous

Yoodie

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 JLUR Mojito!
Why would Crypto find your window sticker, but not your build sheet. The build sheet should be available after I, and the window sticker after KZ. Anyone seen this before?

Also, when is the last time someone moved to KZ on JG? Does everyone with a window sticker also show KZ on the JG tracker? In my experience, Jeep Garage has been, by far, the most accurate and up to date source. And Iā€™ve used every tracker available, including the old JLWF tracker that FCA shut down back in March. The dealers and Jeep chat have always been unreliable.

I ordered in March, finally cancelled & reordered a ā€˜19 on 9/20, and Iā€™ve been stuck in JB since 11/3. I wouldnā€™t complain if the dealer called tomorrow and said to come get it, but a 1-2 week notice would be convenient, as we have to schedule a vacation around delivery.

Iā€™ve read a few posts about the JG tracker or MOTS being down. Does anyone know this for certain? @Milous
Yes so long story short apparently someone was complaining about the data given to them through external tracking which drew the companyā€™s attention to it. They sent cease and desist orders to those sources and now we are blind other than bugging Jeep chat for old/inaccurate info or the dealer for accurate info if he/she wants to pull it up.

It appears that FCA cares more about things other than current customers....

gfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Yes so long story short apparently someone was complaining about the data given to them through external tracking which drew the companyā€™s attention to it. They sent cease and desist orders to those sources and now we are blind other than bugging Jeep chat for old/inaccurate info or the dealer for accurate info if he/she wants to pull it up.

I get the frustration over this process, I really do. I'm in the same state as everyone else who is really excited to take delivery of their new rig.

However, I think those on this forum are in a significant minority of FCA customers who actually custom-order their vehicle. I'm not sure it's worth their investment to devise a better tracking mechanism when many of us are ordering once every few years. Every time I've gone to Jeep Chat it's always been the same few reps and it's probably cheaper to pay those folks than support a tracking service - I'm sure they'll get a similar number of chat requests even with a better tool when people aren't sure if the status shown is correct because it hasn't changed in a few days.

Of course a few counter-arguments... for one, you're spending a ton of money and you really want to know when what you ordered is arriving. I get that, but frankly if it's common to wait a few months then I'd prefer they invest more in fixing whatever supply chain problems cause that issue.

And also, if they can share the more accurate info with the dealer why not expose that to us? Or at least let the Jeep Chat folks see the same info? But then again, they might not want the Jeep Chat folks taking all the flak when something keeps changing. It is an assembly line at a single plant after all, so I could see why timelines could keep changing.

I think a streamlined tracking experience would probably cause us more frustration (e.g. it shows it should be delivered today so I'm going to pick up today, but then the dealer has to take time to inspect, do any last-minute cleaning, etc.)

furrandchalk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Oh, I didnā€™t see anything about that, but I rarely check the forum. Really hope itā€™s just speculation, as the JG tracker has been up a very long time. It would be a shame if it were shut down over this. Wonder if it was due to the angry, lengthy letter this dude wrote a few months ago.

Please stop discussing JG with FCA, and try to be a little more discreet on this public forum. Until relatively recently, forum etiquette was to not even mention JG's existence outside of PM. It's since changed a bit, because several newer members provided their info after JLWF tracking was shut down by FCA. It was so bad that JG temporarily shut down tracking due to the flood of new members.

FCA obviously monitors JLWF, and started to crack down around the time of the fires. Although the tracking on JG is not the same system as the one dealers have acces to - the one we used to have access to here - FCA certainly has the power to shut it down if enough customers complain, though not as effortlessly.

I know other members have asked you to cut out the JG portion of your lengthy letter to FCA, and probably could have phrased the request a little more politely. I understand you can do and say whatever you like. But I'm hoping you'll agree that it's more likely to get the service shut down, which effects all of us, and unlikely to expedite delivery of your Jeep.

I believe the JG tracking is the infamous "second system" FCA reps will check over the phone. According to JG, I've been D1 since 4/28, though I know I've been back to D1 recently, and now have a build date of 8/6. It's my understanding that the system JG uses is inaccurate from D1 until the build is complete, but very accurate from that point on.
I have to take some exception to the two posts that you have cited. The first one I was simply asking another member if they mentioned JG in a phone conversation they had with an FCA rep. They in fact did mention JG In that conversation with FCA but I donā€™t see you calling that member out.

The next cited post was in response to a question posed by another member about the referenced conversation. I answered his question trying to be helpful and in the interest of trying to promote the quality service JG provides.

It is a point of fact since the first request was made I have not mentioned JG or any other forum to FCA while other members have as recently as yesterday.

Lastly, with all due respect how is it that you have come about the information referenced in your post? Are these facts? If so, how did you gain this information? If conjecture or opinion, then it should be presented as such.

This last time I ā€œexplainā€ actions intended to help others in this forum.

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
So when things move, they move I guess. Went from E yesterday morning to JB this afternoon. And I have nearly every option besides auto/2.0 so thereā€™s nothing holding up builds right now it seems.

Donā€™t know if opening a case and doing Jeep Chat once a day helped - maybe?

Talking to a friend down at the plant, apparently they been having issues in the body shop, the company that stamps the doors for them has been having tool and die issues. Hopefully they get it sorted out and the line moving along

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Talked to my Dealer rep on Friday- It's scheduled to be delivered to the local rail drop point on 12/7. It should be ready for delivery shortly after that. Pretty pumped for this.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Just checked window sticker link. Showed up sometime after cryptostickers last update. Checked the window sticker link this morning. It was there. Went on Jeep chat, and I am in KZ status. 11-15 build sheet became available. I wonder how long it will take to ship to Maryland.

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Talking to a friend down at the plant, apparently they been having issues in the body shop, the company that stamps the doors for them has been having tool and die issues. Hopefully they get it sorted out and the line moving along
Stamps the doors? What does this mean? The thing that still gets me is Jeeps stuck for weeks in inspection while Jeeps built after end in up in KZ. :headbang:

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2-dr Rubicon & 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Oh, I didnā€™t see anything about that, but I rarely check the forum. Really hope itā€™s just speculation, as the JG tracker has been up a very long time. It would be a shame if it were shut down over this. Wonder if it was due to the angry, lengthy letter this dude wrote a few months ago.
Well, I have not been on in awhile but I see you are still caught up in your "theory". You seriously need to let this go. I doubt individual postings on an obscure vehicle forum drive this type of reaction from FCA. There were numerous problems with the turbo launch as evidenced by the fire that occurred right on the the Toledo plant's storage lot. These are the occurrences that provide the fuel for these reactions.

So, just give it a rest....
Sponsored