TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
While I'd like my Jeep as soon as possible, I'd much rather it be delayed a couple weeks and be 100% certain there are no issues with the welds on our 2019s.
Why would there be a delay? I didn’t read the recall but its not like they are sending Jeeps back to factory. Is there worry of part replacement or are they just checking welds at the dealerships and welding if needed?
Sponsored

JeepOhio

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
So I’ve been watching tracking on jeepgarage and still wasn’t seeing an estimated ship date. Emailed the dealer today, and my 9/12 order is set to ship 11/2.
Ordered 9/20
D status with VIN 9/27
D1 status 10/1 with ship date of 11/2
Fully loaded V6 Rubicon Unlimited
5% under invoice from Brunswick Auto in Cleveland

Rubitex18

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Ordered my JLUR V6 on 7/27. Been sitting in "I" status since mid august.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Ordered JLUS 9/21. Checked yesterday with Jeep chat and my order is in D1 but she couldn’t give me a ship date (build start). I asked for an updated POC but she either ignored the request or couldn’t send it. I’ve asked my dealer for it, too. Not a huge deal but I’d like to have the latest version.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Why would there be a delay? I didn’t read the recall but its not like they are sending Jeeps back to factory. Is there worry of part replacement or are they just checking welds at the dealerships and welding if needed?
From what I have read, the Frames are made offsite, weeks or months in advance, and then stacked into inventory for use at a later time. Meaning that there could be some 2019 models with bad welds (that would explain why 2019 are mentioned in the recall). The bigger issue is that FCA does not yet have a fix for the problem.

I just saw a few more posts on the forum mentioning that the problem my also apply to the rear track bar mount and other welds on the frame too.

I would much prefer that they make absolutely sure our frames are good, by double checking welds or having new frames built, even if that meant a delay in making my jeep.

Sponsored

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
From what I have read, the Frames are made offsite, weeks or months in advance, and then stacked into inventory for use at a later time. Meaning that there could be some 2019 models with bad welds (that would explain why 2019 are mentioned in the recall). The bigger issue is that FCA does not yet have a fix for the problem.

I just saw a few more posts on the forum mentioning that the problem my also apply to the rear track bar mount and other welds on the frame too.

I would much prefer that they make absolutely sure our frames are good, by double checking welds or having new frames built, even if that meant a delay in making my jeep.
Good gosh. I thought it was just a matter of double checking or spot welding. Agree completely on making sure its correct (and safe).

OP
OP
Ohwillyb

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase

Hopefully they just take those frames out of inventory and make the producers take them back. I think I saw Hyundai Mobis makes the frame for Jeep.

Jeepdreamer

First Name
Terilynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
D1 status but no ship date yet. Trying not to get too excited yet .This is our first Jeep but have wanted one for decades.

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
D1 with a ship date of 4-November. Ordered on 9-21 I think. I’m trying to not buy a bunch of mods before it gets here. I’m not known for my willpower.

Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have you beat. I already have tires, wheels, lift, bumpers etc waiting lol.
You sound like me. Tires, wheels, front bumper, sliders, winch. Plus all the shit I had on my 18. I can barely walk in my garage.

Nixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
D1 with a ship date of 4-November. Ordered on 9-21 I think. I’m trying to not buy a bunch of mods before it gets here. I’m not known for my willpower.
I also ordered 9/21, I don't get any info out of the tracker on the other thread (not found) and the "Equipment Listing" tracker that used to be on Jeep.com only tells me "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided". What are you using to find your D1 status and ship date?

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
I also ordered 9/21, I don't get any info out of the tracker on the other thread (not found) and the "Equipment Listing" tracker that used to be on Jeep.com only tells me "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided". What are you using to find your D1 status and ship date?
Jeep chat and dealer.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Got an updated POC from my dealer today and it has a estimated ship date of 11/9. Order date was 9/21 and I received my VON that day. I don’t know why Jeep chat couldn’t or wouldn’t give me that info yesterday. No matter. At least I feel good about it being scheduled.
Sponsored