Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Such a great option, but I don't see many posts using the Trail Rail System. How do you use it? What plans do you have for it? Post up your pictures or explain your plans here!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BullMoose1776

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Nobody uses the Trail Rail System for Anything?

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0 eTorque
I'm interested in this, too. What does it actually do or offer? On searching I've seen that some people have ordered it in the past. So, can anyone explain, or show and tell?

OP
OP
BullMoose1776

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I ordered it when I built my Jeep because it was relatively cheap. All I can guess is it might be used as a means of creating a base for sliders. But nothing exists like that today.

Mopar makes a thing that acts as a barrier plugs in on both sides.

So basically, I have no idea either. Who h is why I created this thread.

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I googled "Jeep Performance Parts" which is where the main sales page says you get accessories for TrailRail. That gets you here: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/performance/jeep-performance-parts.html .

Then clicking shop now and specifying 2019 Wrangler JL gets you to: https://store.mopar.com/accessories/2019-jeep-wrangler_jl/ .

I looked through everything that came up, and found only one item that uses the TrailRail. And I'm not sure exactly how it works from the description and single photo. https://store.mopar.com/accessories...anagement/cargo_organizer_bar_82215348AC.html .

The pic on the sales site shows a third rail on the swinggate, with a tailgating table. It turns out that that table doesn't even require the TrailRail. https://store.mopar.com/accessories...storage_module/tailgate_table_82215416AC.html

Sponsored

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered it when I built my Jeep because it was relatively cheap. All I can guess is it might be used as a means of creating a base for sliders. But nothing exists like that today.

Mopar makes a thing that acts as a barrier plugs in on both sides.

So basically, I have no idea either. Who h is why I created this thread.
All I can see from the photos is that it gives you three slidable points on each side of the cargo area instead of three fixed points. Plus 2 slidable points on the tailgate. Looking at that pic again, it's possible that with the TR there, the table uses the two TR attachments at top, so you only have to drill the two holes at the bottom to mount it.

OP
OP
BullMoose1776

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I have messed around with a couple of them on Jeeps on the lot. You can add those "slideable points" and take them out altogether.

There is a rail on the tailgate, which simplifies the table installation, but at this point it also limits your ability it install any other table than the Mopar ( if you want to keep the rail on the tailgate).

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Reviving an old thread. I know I could probably design, patent, and make a few things for the trail rail system but I don’t have time for any of that. Why haven’t any manufacturers made like coolers, tool boxes, drawer sliders, etc. that attach to the trail rails? Seems like these are all things we take on the trails and secure in the jeep somehow. Imagine just snapping your cooler or tool box in place in the back of the jeep and not fumbling around with straps when you need to remove or open them up. Just a thought.

mkordick

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S 2-door - Ocean Blue
I've owned several Jeeps before (going back to the 1990's) and just bought a new JL 2-door. I'd be willing to install a JL trail rail across the tailgate if there were accessories to hang from the thing ... but there are not. It seems like such a "natural" idea ff the inside of a Jeep tailgate. The crappy nylon panel systems for the TJ's and JK's were super popular (remember those?) I honestly don't understand why the aftermarket companies aren't all over this. I may order one just to see how the hardware works and what I can come up with.

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
I’m really surprised the aftermarket isn’t all over this system yet either. If I had the resources and time I have a few ideas that would absolutely get eaten up by the consumers (us).

somebody please make a cooler attachment for this trail rail system! I want to go wheeling with my cooler without strapping it down.

Sponsored

Trk3263

First Name
T2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Gonna try and bring this thread back. I think these can have some good mounting purposes. I have been playing around with them a little.

?hash=8fefb152f05944dffba9cae9653470b9.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL Post up Your Uses of the Trail Rail System IMG_3204.JPG

Mounted using these in the track which I had from some mounts I used in my Tacoma bed track system. I think they are actually for some type of track lighting or something.
Jeep Wrangler JL Post up Your Uses of the Trail Rail System IMG_3196.JPG

Also saw Yeti makes a tighdown kit for ridiculous money so I made my own with a strap I already has. You can also use a bungee cord if you want.
Jeep Wrangler JL Post up Your Uses of the Trail Rail System IMG_3210.JPG

Come on lets get some more ideas out there. I want to make a table for the back gate and maybe use something like these for easy on off setup.
Jeep Wrangler JL Post up Your Uses of the Trail Rail System IMG_3197.PNG

or
Jeep Wrangler JL Post up Your Uses of the Trail Rail System IMG_A7CB16980571-1

IMG_3206.JPG
Sponsored