Post Up Your FCA Supplied Rental

amckinney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Everybody show your FCA supplied rental! I love how I take in my $50k Rubicon and get this golf cart as a substitute.

1B99693C-799C-4BC9-8D77-5126AC338753.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

amckinney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should have asked for a Hellcat or a Trackhawk .
The dealership wouldn’t give me anything. It took 2.5 hours for me to get a shuttle ride home and then Enterprise called to say I have 30 minutes to find a ride to pick it up before they close.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
So far
2017 jkur that reaked of smoke
2018 cherokee. Hated it.
2015 jkur..black..returned it 5 min later when we realized someone returned it without the drivers and passenger headrests
2015 jkur....hideous sky blue...at least it had headrests

Sponsored

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Dropped off a fully loaded Rubicon to get fixed which took weeks. They offered me an old minivan. The dealership doesnt even sell minivans. Then they claimed Enterprise couldn’t offer anything. I just said forget it and borrowed a friends.

jakeyism

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
I had a 2017 Renegade for 30 days when the dealer had my Rubi.

OP
OP

amckinney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far
2017 jkur that reaked of smoke
2018 cherokee. Hated it.
2015 jkur..black..returned it 5 min later when we realized someone returned it without the drivers and passenger headrests
2015 jkur....hideous sky blue...at least it had headrests
That's hilarious! At least yours were actually Jeep products. I would have thrown a fit over the one that smelled of smoke.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Everyone realizes that FCA is under no obligation to give you a loaner/rental that is the same as what you're dropping off, right? And it is irrelevant that you spent $50k on your Rubicon (which seems to be the go to comment when complaining), if the dealer offers loaners you get what they have available in their loaner fleet. If it happens to be a rental, it was my understanding the rental company was supposed to keep you in a FCA branded vehicle. And as you're complaining that you spent $50k on your Rubicon, make note I spent more than that on my wife's Ram 2500 Crew Cab and have never been provided a pick up truck as a loaner/rental when we've needed service. Does it bother me, not one bit since we get a slight reprieve from something that only gets 11-12mpg.

That said in my experience each dealer is a little bit different and they are under no obligation to provide a loaner when your vehicle is being serviced. Some dealers will as they understand what customer service is, some will only offer a loaner if you purchased the vehicle from them or provide a rental if you have an extended warranty (they get to charge back the warranty company).

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
That's hilarious! At least yours were actually Jeep products. I would have thrown a fit over the one that smelled of smoke.
I wasnt too happy about it..but its all they had. Was pissed because my wife and daughter are allergic to smoke. Therefore we barely drove it.

Of and i forgot...the 18 cherokee wouldnt start the 2nd day we had it.

At least they were better than a caprice classic i got as a loaner back in the 90s from a chevy dealer working on my camero. The back seat of the caprice was covered in cum stains. Found out later that it was designated for high school and college kids who needed loaners. Damn caprice was a f@ck boat.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
[QUOTE="Capt-Zoom, post: 383443, member: 18486"

Of and i forgot...the 18 cherokee wouldnt start the 2nd day we had it.[/QUOTE]
Really makes you wonder about FCA quality control...

OP
OP

amckinney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyone realizes that FCA is under no obligation to give you a loaner/rental that is the same as what you're dropping off, right? And it is irrelevant that you spent $50k on your Rubicon (which seems to be the go to comment when complaining), if the dealer offers loaners you get what they have available in their loaner fleet. If it happens to be a rental, it was my understanding the rental company was supposed to keep you in a FCA branded vehicle. And as you're complaining that you spent $50k on your Rubicon, make note I spent more than that on my wife's Ram 2500 Crew Cab and have never been provided a pick up truck as a loaner/rental when we've needed service. Does it bother me, not one bit since we get a slight reprieve from something that only gets 11-12mpg.

That said in my experience each dealer is a little bit different and they are under no obligation to provide a loaner when your vehicle is being serviced. Some dealers will as they understand what customer service is, some will only offer a loaner if you purchased the vehicle from them or provide a rental if you have an extended warranty (they get to charge back the warranty company).

I could be mistaken, but I don't think I titled the thread "Complain about whether you were or were not provided, or were or were not supposed to be provided with a rental vehicle". Your entire post is completely irrelevant to this thread. Nor did I complain about the price of my Rubicon, as you stated.

Whether you get a loaner or not when your vehicle is serviced is a direct reflection on your ability to negotiate. Unfortunately, my negotiating skills on this one landed me in a golf cart.

Now carry on with the original topic of FCA-supplied loaner vehicles.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Now you could have just said
love how I take in my Jeep and get this golf cart as a substitute.
However you made a point of stating...
love how I take in my $50k Rubicon and get this golf cart as a substitute.
If you didn't want to make it about what you spent on your vehicle, you wouldn't have brought it up, just saying...

Wicked Weasel

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL - Build date 06/18
2018 Sahara. it was basic but got me home and back to the dealership.

2018 Cherokee. It was nice so I drove it around until repairs were done.
Sponsored