KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious if you guys do any post-trail inspections after some hard(er) wheeling? I live in an apartment, without a lot of room to lift and get under the Jeep, and she’s running fine. Just wondering how often you guys just check everything for bent parts, loose nuts, etc.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I usually check torque a couple times a year and before any longer trips where we will be wheeling. But after just a day out on the trail I know where I may need to look for dents and dings already. In those cases I will just lay down and look around. Nothing too crazy for me. Curious what others do as well.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
After a good off road especially in tight trails I tend to avoid inspection right after as the sounds of branches or other stuff I’m going over are enough to let me know I did some cosmetic damage 😆😆😆 so I’m not gonna let that ruin my good time 😁

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
My rig is on the trails about 4 days a week for six months at a time. During which time I do the regular maintenance E.G. oil changes and filters but that’s about it.

Wintertime it gets a good going over and maybe some upgrades in the home garage.

Trail damage of a noteworthy level such as a bent part I usually identify right after it happens. With experience you get a feel for when it’s more than armor scraping and I’ll get under and look right away.

As long as she’s still driving straight, true, and quiet, I don’t worry about it. But I might not be the typical driver, I’m pretty attentive to noises and how the vehicle feels. Quite often I’m looking for a ghost in the machine that may be imaginary LOL.

Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep