Sponsored

post-purchase Extended Warranty recommendations?

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Definitely recommend tom winkles. Just bought the extended warranty from him a couple weeks ago. $2100 7 years unlimited mileage $200 deductible. Saved well over $1000 buying from him. Super easy to work with and class act
Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Perfect. I just needed a recommendation. There appears to be HUNDREDS of 3rd party warranty vendors, I appreciate you narrowing it down to this one.
Here's my 2 cents. If you're going to buy a warranty, ONLY buy it from the vendor, in this case Jeep/FCA/Whatever. Third party warranties are generally not worth the paper they're printed on.

Ken Ztopolovky

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr stingray stick
Here's my 2 cents. If you're going to buy a warranty, ONLY buy it from the vendor, in this case Jeep/FCA/Whatever. Third party warranties are generally not worth the paper they're printed on.
something tells me you are 100% right

Ken Ztopolovky

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr stingray stick
Anybody have an issue with this clause in their MOPAR extended warranty, “(k) damage incurred by off-road usage?”
Isn't Jeep designed almost exlusively for the off road usage? At least that's what we get to see in all FCA advertisements. I just wouldn't close the book over this case.

Sponsored

Barely Krawlified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Before you go out and spend money on an extended warranty (and if you decide to take this approach ONLY purchase a Mopar/FCA direct factory warranty) if you have GEICO auto insurance you might want to check out adding mechanical breakdown coverage to your policy.

https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/

It’s available to be added within the first year/15,000 miles of ownership and at a fraction of the cost of a traditional extended warranty.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Isn't Jeep designed almost exlusively for the off road usage? At least that's what we get to see in all FCA advertisements. I just wouldn't close the book over this case.
That is my point exactly.
I’m not sure what you mean by “close the book over this case?”

Ken Ztopolovky

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr stingray stick
pursue this matter further and don't give up your negotiations with FCA
aren't you negotiating with the dealer? good luck if you do and don't give up easy

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
pursue this matter further and don't give up your negotiations with FCA

aren't you negotiating with the dealer? good luck if you do and don't give up easy
Got it, no not negotiating. I got quotes from the two resellers mentioned in this thread. I have never bought an extended warranty before. Not sure I want one now. I don’t like the idea that I think it’s covered, and some paper pusher thinks it is. Then I have to waste my limited time trying to get paid for something I am owed. Health insurance works the same way…

DrBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Interesting. Checked out Ziegler for the Mopar warranty, and they say if you have a non-Mopar lift or lift greater than four inches, you do not qualify for the plan. Anyone with a lift out there have an extended warranty?

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yes. It's an actual Jeep warranty. Not a 3rd party warranty like the clowns that robo call you so day.
It's actually an service contract or insurance policy that is backed by Mopar. Every State regulates insurance differently so there is possibly a difference in terms and coverage depending on which State you live in. You can't even buy the Mopar Max Care Extended Warranty for a discount in FL because they do not allow discounting insurance policies. Everyone has to pay the same for insurance there or something?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will second the Tom Winkels recommendation. He was super patient and helpful while weighing our options. Fortunately, FCA has not limited mopar warranties to the state in which you reside like other vehicle manufacturers. Tom's price beat everyone in my area, so it was a no brainer. Handled the details via email and a phone call to pay for it.
I think it's limited for FL?

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
It's actually an service contract or insurance policy that is backed by Mopar. Every State regulates insurance differently so there is possibly a difference in terms and coverage depending on which State you live in. You can't even buy the Mopar Max Care Extended Warranty for a discount in FL because they do not allow discounting insurance policies. Everyone has to pay the same for insurance there or something?
Whatever you want to call it. It's the same Mopar extended warranty the dealer tries to sell you when you purchase a new car. I don't know how other states work but not everybody has to pay the same in Illinois. You can shop for a better deal.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever you want to call it. It's the same Mopar extended warranty the dealer tries to sell you when you purchase a new car. I don't know how other states work but not everybody has to pay the same in Illinois. You can shop for a better deal.
Yep, I called Tom Winkles to buy a Max Care for my old '19 JLR. It was about 40% less than the msrp dealers in IL were pushing for the exact same Mopar policy. I just sold the '19 JLR and called Tom to cancel the Extended Wararnty. Tom processed my request and I got a check back from FCA for about 95% of my premium. I Highly recommend Tom Winkles to anyone who is interested in a MaxCare warranty. Super honest, prompt and professional guy. Really great service, not many professionals like him now a days.

goboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Altitude
An interesting way to look at it is an extended warranty is a bet that the item (in this case Jeep) will fail. Many items offer extended warranties, but they are so well made, the likelihood of failure is low. Any manufacturing process is prone to failures, so some Jeeps will never have a problem while others post to the forums detailing the issues. Only you can decide what is best for your situation.
Sponsored