Post Pics of your Winter Setup.

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'd post a pic but my winter setup looks exactly like my summer setup, except with the soft top closed...
Northern Wi. Snow...Meh....

socaljeep

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Corvette ZR1, 2018 Jeep Rubicon, 2006 Yamaha 50th Anniversary R1
You running on ko2? How'd they do in the deep snow?
Yes I am... they did great in the snow up until I ran into the 3 foot snow bank in my driveway !

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Yes I am... they did great in the snow up until I ran into the 3 foot snow bank in my driveway !
Do you ever find them inadequate on packed snowy roads? I'm considering a set of studded duratracs for next winter. I'm getting quite some sideways flotation on the ko2 but I'm used to Subaru's awd and might also be expecting too much from an all terrain tire.

Sponsored

socaljeep

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Corvette ZR1, 2018 Jeep Rubicon, 2006 Yamaha 50th Anniversary R1
Do you ever find them inadequate on packed snowy roads? I'm considering a set of studded duratracs for next winter. I'm getting quite some sideways flotation on the ko2 but I'm used to Subaru's awd and might also be expecting too much from an all terrain tire.
This was my first time in the snow with my Wrangler.. it felt really good in the snow.. slid a little on the icy spots... but never needed chains..

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Winter is the same as summer but after reading this I guess you could say I have done the following although it doesn’t get changed for the summer.
  • All weather rubber mats from weather tech.
  • The entire undercarriage was sprayed with a bed liner type product.
  • I do a pre winter full detail on the exterior.
  • Tried new wipers, Bosch Icon.
  • Oh I just thought of one thing, I put the scraper back in the rig. That I do take out in the summer.

Sponsored

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Hey everyone, My 20 OB JLUR has just arrived but sadly I'm away for another 6 weeks. Most of us run OE wheels and tires in the winter but some of us run winters here in the great white north. What does your winter setup look like?
With the snowflake rated KO2 OEMs the traction has been fine on most mountain roadways. But on unserviced FSRs have used lockers at times with chains.

B488E3F2-1344-4658-BDC3-EFE7D72744E6.png

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
With the snowflake rated KO2 OEMs the traction has been fine on most mountain roadways. But on unserviced FSRs have used lockers at times with chains.

B488E3F2-1344-4658-BDC3-EFE7D72744E6.png
What chains do you use?
Sponsored