Post pics of your sport with 35" tires

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I have a few (hundred) old photos but have been slacking lately. I’ll snap some new ones soon. This is about all I have not flexed rn:

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your sport with 35" tires 4DFCF85A-B881-4A3B-906B-41B4161C7CEE
Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your sport with 35" tires 4DFCF85A-B881-4A3B-906B-41B4161C7CEE
Are these AAL fender chops? When last I checked the website said they wouldn't work on the Sport fenders. Did you get Rubicon fenders for this?

jl_misfit

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Are these AAL fender chops? When last I checked the website said they wouldn't work on the Sport fenders. Did you get Rubicon fenders for this?
Mine are from Quake led but yes, I got a pair of Rubi flares. I think they make a set for Sahara fenders too

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Thanks for the pictures this looks really nice. Do you notice any rubbing when flexing out wheeling? What pressure do you drop down too while wheeling, have you had any trouble with loosing the bead?
Ted,

Never have had any rubbing with this setup, even with the sway bar disconnected. Recall, this is a Sport. So when the sway bars are disconnected via my Teraflex kit, they are totally (mechanically) free. Not the electronic disconnect with a limit. So even with all the articulation possible, I don't sense any rub at all.

With that said, because I have a Sport I'm not looking to leap the tallest boulder in a single bound either. While I off-road often, I'm not out looking for the extreme stuff in particular. My comfort zone without lockers is probably around a 5 or 6 difficulty rating. No Metal Masher trails for me, that is unless I'm wheeling with my patrol where I know I've got excellent guidance and back-up.

I generally air down to 15 psi. And no I've never had any worry about losing the bead. My rubber are the 35x12.5x17 Goodyear Duratrac A/T's with the E load rating. While many despise this load rating for on-road comfort, I rather like it. It's a lifted Jeep after all, not some cushy civic. It's exactly this off-road durability and toughness is where they really shine. The grip and traction is also pretty exceptional. With the little wider stance of the 4.5" backspacing from my Fuel Ammo wheels, I really couldn't be any more satisfied.

Hope you discover your happy setup.
Good luck.

Jay

Sponsored

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Ted,

Never have had any rubbing with this setup, even with the sway bar disconnected. Recall, this is a Sport. So when the sway bars are disconnected via my Teraflex kit, they are totally (mechanically) free. Not the electronic disconnect with a limit. So even with all the articulation possible, I don't sense any rub at all.

With that said, because I have a Sport I'm not looking to leap the tallest boulder in a single bound either. While I off-road often, I'm not out looking for the extreme stuff in particular. My comfort zone without lockers is probably around a 5 or 6 difficulty rating. No Metal Masher trails for me, that is unless I'm wheeling with my patrol where I know I've got excellent guidance and back-up.

I generally air down to 15 psi. And no I've never had any worry about losing the bead. My rubber are the 35x12.5x17 Goodyear Duratrac A/T's with the E load rating. While many despise this load rating for on-road comfort, I rather like it. It's a lifted Jeep after all, not some cushy civic. It's exactly this off-road durability and toughness is where they really shine. The grip and traction is also pretty exceptional. With the little wider stance of the 4.5" backspacing from my Fuel Ammo wheels, I really couldn't be any more satisfied.

Hope you discover your happy setup.
Good luck.

Jay
Thanks for the info, I may end up with these.
Ted

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my 20 JLUS with 35s. I have the teraflex 1.5" leveling kit, synergy spacers, regeared to 4.88 just for when I inevitably want to go to 37s.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your sport with 35" tires Jeep Badlands Close
How is the drive with 4.88. Is this too low for the 35's? What RPM do you run at going 70 with this set up?

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Mickey Thompson 35s on 17” Revos (from ET) 2.5” Teraflex Sport kit +.5” spacer to level out the back (rugged ridge hinge brace/spare bracket/spare weigh 250 lbs).

Daily driving impressions are good, lots of fun, tire noise is on par with the KO2s I had on my JK. I miss 6th gear, RPMs are too low to use it, think 80+.

Looking at ordering the rubi axles, since a regear on front and rear will like cost the same as one whole replacement after parts and labor. This will get me a taller gear with the added bonus of a locker front and rear.

Not-in a huge rush rly, Jeep runs fine for what I am doing now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your sport with 35" tires F60E3D54-7143-498C-BBB0-15A2372CF48B

Last edited:

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Nittos 35x12.5x17 on Pro Comp steel wheels 17x9.5.
Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your sport with 35" tires 0D67C3A6-F8A3-4E69-B25B-0127F77564D5_1_105_c

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your sport with 35" tires 1614988346538

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your sport with 35" tires IMG_5355

jeepnewbie

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Wrangler Sport S, 08' Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
GE Aviation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi! What lift do you have? and tire spec? Looks great!
Thanks, I have the AEV 2” Spacer lift kit. It’s a nice kit for the price and comes with the calibrator. Tires are Nitto ridge grappler 35x12.50x17. I ended up switching from the rubicon wheels to the AEV borah. Had to run spacers with the Rubi wheels and stuck out way to much.
Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your sport with 35" tires 7A964613-7580-4928-8AE9-5901656534E3

Ray Alkiyumi

First Name
Ghaith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Mickey Thompson 35s on 17” Revos (from ET) 2.5” Teraflex Sport kit +.5” spacer to level out the back (rugged ridge hinge brace/spare bracket/spare weigh 250 lbs).

Daily driving impressions are good, lots of fun, tire noise is on par with the KO2s I had on my JK. I miss 6th gear, RPMs are too low to use it, think 80+.

Looking at ordering the rubi axles, since a regear on front and rear will like cost the same as one whole replacement after parts and labor. This will get me a taller gear with the added bonus of a locker front and rear.

Not-in a huge rush rly, Jeep runs fine for what I am doing now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your sport with 35" tires 7A964613-7580-4928-8AE9-5901656534E3
Nice set up, so u added 0.5 spacer lift only in the back?

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS