Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
See now , take the blue Jeep with the tires sticking out and put it in the off-road situation of the gray jeep now where is the tire going to go ? through the fender ? Do you not off road ? do you not take passengers ? do you put smaller tires on when you go off road ?.
I can only imagine people’s responses if Jeep put 35’s from the factory and told you hey the suspension travel is limited you may get some tire rub . people would be freaking out ! this thing is not functional it’s terrible it’s not safe I spent $50,000 on a vehicle and I can’t even take it off road , tire is rubbing this is BS blah blah blah BUT when people do it themselves they have no complaints.
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E

DaJeeper

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Punk’n , 2017 Ford Explorer
2019 JLUR all stock with Cooper STT 315 35” tires. Been on trail no rub. Basically it can flex with no rub within its capacity. With a lift and 37s would be able to take on larger obstacles. I do not want 37s so this is perfect for my needs. I plan on adding aev savegre wheels when they become available. Lite Brite has a video on YouTube showing this exact tire setup doing some major off-roading.

90B3B91D-7FAA-47BF-8033-E81467B7E98E.jpeg

EFEAA823-8950-4798-8636-DC81E411791E.jpeg

EE983A23-8204-4EA3-828B-7972E746AE4F.jpeg

DaJeeper

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Punk’n , 2017 Ford Explorer
Latest trail day, did some serious obstacles that most people in my group would not attempt. Bone stock with 315s handled like a beast with no rubbing or issues. Wish I had pics and vids of the rough stuff, was too busy driving.

D4A3A69B-25DE-4F48-97DD-76879979ECBF.jpeg

Sponsored

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
That's clean. Give me your wheels/tire setup, I'm stealing it.

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
That's clean. Give me your wheels/tire setup, I'm stealing it.
I went with Rugged Ridge XHD in silver with the optional trim ring in black. They can easily come off for an all silver look but I love it just like it is. The wheels also come in black and gun metal.

The tires are BFG K02s in a 315, c rated. I love them so far.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Latest trail day, did some serious obstacles that most people in my group would not attempt. Bone stock with 315s handled like a beast with no rubbing or issues. Wish I had pics and vids of the rough stuff, was too busy driving.

D4A3A69B-25DE-4F48-97DD-76879979ECBF.jpeg
Excellent info. Did you employ the sway bar disconnect and do a full Rubicon capable flex?

Sponsored

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Excellent info. Did you employ the sway bar disconnect and do a full Rubicon capable flex?
I guess I’ll post again here, since my previous post in this thread was a while back. They rub front disconnected at not even full flex. They rub in back, sway bar links still connected, and not full flex. Here is shot of 315 BFGs (one of the smallest 35” tires). Everybody says they don’t rub but they DO. What each person is willing to accept is another topic.
13A7A729-CCF5-4A7D-868C-81E27EED5843.jpeg

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
I guess I’ll post again here, since my previous post in this thread was a while back. They rub front disconnected at not even full flex. They rub in back, sway bar links still connected, and not full flex. Here is shot of 315 BFGs (one of the smallest 35” tires). Everybody says they don’t rub but they DO. What each person is willing to accept is another topic.
13A7A729-CCF5-4A7D-868C-81E27EED5843.jpeg
Thanks for your info. Referencing your picture, it looks like they rub on the fender flares? Some other people reported they had rub on the inner fenders. I have aftermarket wheels with less than standard OEM backspacing which puts my tires about 2” beyond the flares.

I’m planning on larger tires after the OEM K02’s wear out. I don’t want any lift, I’ll go to a 295 size tire at that point. That’s probably the max diameter it can handle without rubbing, hopefully, with stock suspension.

Last edited:

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Skimming posts it is clear that those who are rubbing are running non standard offset wheels. Of course if you push the wheel and tire out further it is going to contact the flare. Jeep never said you can put any pokey wheel set up and expect it to clear. Leave the wheel offset alone as it was designed to tuck under the flare and you will be fine.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Skimming posts it is clear that those who are rubbing are running non standard offset wheels. Of course if you push the wheel and tire out further it is going to contact the flare. Jeep never said you can put any pokey wheel set up and expect it to clear. Leave the wheel offset alone as it was designed to tuck under the flare and you will be fine.
1) My rubbing involved Mopar wheels, which pushed the wheel out an additional 1.9”. There was plenty of room between the axle and bump stops so even if the tire was pushed inward 2.5” it would rub.
2) Keep stock back spacing/offset may (I have not done or seen any research) cause interference with front suspension bits during turning.
In my experience and testing the only way 35s work is if the Jeep only sees asphalt, curbs, and light trails. If you want to push your Jeep, accept the rubbing. I don’t know how bad the rubbing is because I backed off. It might not be that bad

DeekT

First Name
Deek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLU Rubicon (mine), 2018 White JLU Moab (wife)
Occupation
Retired
1) My rubbing involved Mopar wheels, which pushed the wheel out an additional 1.9”. There was plenty of room between the axle and bump stops so even if the tire was pushed inward 2.5” it would rub.
2) Keep stock back spacing/offset may (I have not done or seen any research) cause interference with front suspension bits during turning.
In my experience and testing the only way 35s work is if the Jeep only sees asphalt, curbs, and light trails. If you want to push your Jeep, accept the rubbing. I don’t know how bad the rubbing is because I backed off. It might not be that bad
The difference is the offsets. Stock Rubicon wheels have a +45mm offset and the Mopar wheels have a +12mm offset. That moves the Mopar wheel center over 1 1/4" out. Then add the wider tire. I can see why some are saying 315's don't rub with the stock Rubicon wheels and other say they do rub but have different wheels. Apples and oranges.
Sponsored